Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

LNF for newbies (that's Marriott's version of BRG)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LNF for newbies (that's Marriott's version of BRG)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 16, 2012, 8:06 am

Programs: UA Silver/ AA EXP/Hyatt Globalist/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/Hilton Diamond
I'm having 2 issues with the same all suite property. I did explain in my application that it was an all suite property which can be easily verified on marriott.com and I've gotten 2 claims denied for that. I even appealed and still lost.

The third one that was denied the competing website had 2 rates for the same hotel. The one I was appealing was called city hotel name and it had a rate 50 percent lower than the second one called hotel name city (xyz Marriott Suites vs Marriott Suites xyz). They have now twice denied my claim because they were just going by the second more expensive rate. I specifically told them which hotel to look for and still no go. On my appeal I added screen caps so hopefully that will work.

The bad part is the lower rate is on page 1 and they had to dig to get the second one which is toward the bottom of page 2. I know they're supposed to look for a reason to deny, but the cheaper rate is worded exactly like the hotel name on marriott.com and with the screen caps, hopefully this will be worked out. This is a significant savings.

If this is denied again, does anyone have any advice on how to push this through? I sent in the appeal with screen caps. The screen caps are time stamped so they know it's current.
Old Sep 16, 2012, 8:14 am
Suspended

Programs: Marriott - P; HH - G; Hyatt - P; Avis - LT First
what does the prop being an all suite have to do with an LNF denial????????

Originally Posted by chicaloca453
I'm having 2 issues with the same all suite property. I did explain in my application that it was an all suite property which can be easily verified on marriott.com and I've gotten 2 claims denied for that. I even appealed and still lost.
Old Sep 16, 2012, 8:16 am
Suspended

Programs: Marriott - P; HH - G; Hyatt - P; Avis - LT First
Marriott LNF team needs to verify that the competing rate is available when they check.............while screen shots are great they are still not valid to the time when the LNF team verifies your claim.......

I sent in the appeal with screen caps. The screen caps are time stamped so they know it's current.
Old Sep 16, 2012, 8:20 am

Programs: UA Silver/ AA EXP/Hyatt Globalist/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by BKKLEE
what does the prop being an all suite have to do with an LNF denial????????
The competing site just lists standard room 1 bed. Reservation lists suite 1 king. They're using the defense that room types don't match. But when it's an all suite property, a standard room is a suite.

If you do some reading, you'll see others have had this problem and many reported it happening on weekends but then it getting approved through the week. I'm not sure there's a correlation with that, but I know they tell me it was denied because room types don't match which is a technicality when it's an all suite property.
Old Sep 16, 2012, 8:29 am

Originally Posted by BKKLEE
Marriott LNF team needs to verify that the competing rate is available when they check.............while screen shots are great they are still not valid to the time when the LNF team verifies your claim.......
I get that. But it IS available and has been the whole time. The problem is the competing site has 2 rates for the same hotel:

City Name Marriott Suites $1xx (50 percent less and basis for claim)
Marriott Suites City Name $2xx (same rate as marriott.com)

The cheaper price has the same hotel name exactly as marriott.com but they look at the more expensive one to deny the claim.

I sent the screen caps to show the 2 different entries because I was denied based on the $2xx. They chose to ignore the entry with $1xx despite it exactly matching the hotel name on Marriott.com

ETA: The appeal on this one worked. Thanks for the help.

Last edited by chicaloca453; Sep 16, 2012 at 11:46 am
Old Sep 16, 2012, 8:46 am

Hi, try to copy and paste the whole link of the comparison website. For example, copy and paste www.abc.com/Citynamemarriottsuites instead of www.abc.com only. If you have tried it, try to make the LNF claim on other days and hope that some nice personnel will approve your claim=)

Regards,
Dolphinyong

City Name Marriott Suites $1xx (50 percent less and basis for claim)
Marriott Suites City Name $2xx (same rate as marriott.com)

I sent the screen caps to show the 2 different entries because I was denied based on the $2xx. They chose to ignore the entry with $1xx despite it exactly matching the hotel name on Marriott.com
Old Sep 16, 2012, 10:01 am

Okay here we go again with the original problem (different all suites hotel):

Room type: 2 Room Suite

The Terms and Conditions of Marriott's Look No Further(SM) Best Rate Guarantee require that valid claims must be submitted for the same hotel, room type, and reservation dates. According to our review, we have determined that the accommodations with which your comparison was made were for the following:

Two Room Suite with 1 king or 1 queen murphy bed, sofabed and mini fridge

For this reason, we must deny your claim under the terms of Marriott's Look No Further(SM) Best Rate Guarantee program.

Any idea what I'm doing wrong? This is the 2nd time I've had the claim denied for the same exact reason. It's getting frustrating.
Old Sep 16, 2012, 10:07 am

Send me a pm regarding your reservation details and comparison site. I will see whether I could help you or not=)

Regards

Okay here we go again with the original problem (different all suites hotel):

The Terms and Conditions of Marriott's Look No Further(SM) Best Rate Guarantee require that valid claims must be submitted for the same hotel, room type, and reservation dates. According to our review, we have determined that the accommodations with which your comparison was made were for the following:

For this reason, we must deny your claim under the terms of Marriott's Look No Further(SM) Best Rate Guarantee program.

Any idea what I'm doing wrong? This is the 2nd time I've had the claim denied for the same exact reason. It's getting frustrating.
Old Sep 17, 2012, 11:43 pm
Moderator: Chase Ultimate Rewards

Programs: UA 2P, MR LT Plat, IHG Plat, BW Dia, HH Au, Avis PC
[...]
[...]
Are there other bed type possibilities? For example, if there is also a "Two Room Suite with 2 queen beds", that would be a possible type with the comparison rate but not the direct rate.

If the only types of rooms available have 1 king or 1 queen, and all have a sofabed and a mini fridge, then it sounds like they are comparable.

Maybe call the hotel to find out what possibilities they have?
Old Sep 18, 2012, 12:47 am

I figured it out. This particular hotel has 3 room types:

Suite with 1 king or 2 double
View Suite King or 2 double
King or murphy bed suite (which the LNF people call a parlor suite)

There really isn't much distinction on marriott.com between 1 and 3 but the LNF people seem to be holding tight to only approving room type 1.

I think it's possible that the hotel has removed all of type 1 because of LNF matches. The comparison site won't remove the lower rate so they have pulled them out of inventory. It's a shame, but I guess I understand. They do have a standard room with a breakfast package so I know the hotel still has them.

I moved on to a different hotel with a nice LNF rate potential. I got one approved for what I thought were my dates. I used a comparison site that listed the room as golf discount. One LNF agent approved the original request, but the new request with the different dates (1 day later arrival and departure) was denied. Rate was still there, but no dice. I don't care about the golf discount. I just care that the comparison site is fifty percent lower than marriott.com. Again it's a shame. Perhaps I will re book and try one more time at a different time of day. I think if the rate is lower Marriott should at least match the other rate but say you don't get the extras. Many of us don't care about service discounts or resort credits. We just want a reasonable room.
Old Sep 18, 2012, 8:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
I moved on to a different hotel with a nice LNF rate potential. I got one approved for what I thought were my dates. I used a comparison site that listed the room as golf discount. One LNF agent approved the original request, but the new request with the different dates (1 day later arrival and departure) was denied. Rate was still there, but no dice. I don't care about the golf discount. I just care that the comparison site is fifty percent lower than marriott.com. Again it's a shame. Perhaps I will re book and try one more time at a different time of day. I think if the rate is lower Marriott should at least match the other rate but say you don't get the extras. Many of us don't care about service discounts or resort credits. We just want a reasonable room.
Could you please post your approved LNF at the successful LNF thread here on FT? Thanks!
Old Oct 8, 2012, 12:44 pm

I had a LNF claim denied since the competitor site uses vouchers. My bad.

The rate originally booked on marriott.com is an advance purchase rate that states:

Including Breakfast and Internet, prepay in full, non-refundable if cancelled more than 1 day after booking, see Rate Rules
the email confirmation stated:

Canceling Your Reservation
• You may cancel your reservation for no charge until Tuesday, October 9, 2012.
• Please note that your prepayment for this special rate is non-refundable.

Modifying Your Reservation
• Please note that a change in the length or dates of your reservation may result in a rate change.
• To ensure that you receive this special rate, we will charge your credit card a prepayment of 274.86 EUR.
• Please note that only credit card prepayments are accepted.
• Your current rate may be available if your modified reservation still includes: A stay of 2 night(s) or more.
• Your current rate may be available if your modified reservation still includes: A reservation made 7 day(s) before your expected arrival
I've updated my reservation to "stay for breakfast" rate (S4B).

I've re-submitted the claim, this time I've used a competitor site that I have successfully had claims verified in the past.

Does anyone see any issues with modifying the rate and re-submitting?

Or, should I cancel and rebook to get a new confirmation number?

Last edited by lfc84; Oct 8, 2012 at 1:02 pm
Old Oct 8, 2012, 1:22 pm

It's not necessary to cancel and rebook it. They will see your modified rate and compare it=)

Regards

Originally Posted by lfc84
I had a LNF claim denied since the competitor site uses vouchers. My bad.

The rate originally booked on marriott.com is an advance purchase rate that states:

the email confirmation stated:

I've updated my reservation to "stay for breakfast" rate (S4B).

I've re-submitted the claim, this time I've used a competitor site that I have successfully had claims verified in the past.

Does anyone see any issues with modifying the rate and re-submitting?

Or, should I cancel and rebook to get a new confirmation number?
Old Oct 8, 2012, 1:23 pm

Thanks Dolphinyong
Old Oct 8, 2012, 8:17 pm

Programs: None - previously UA
lfc84 why are you booking advance purchase rates? There is no reason to use anything other than the standard rate when booking the original rate on the Marriott site. Of course if the rate is not displayed and is publicly available then its a LNF claim in its own right.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.