Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

"Taste of Gold/Platinum" promotion and Platinum challenge [Merged threads]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 27, 2016, 10:15 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mediator
Taste of Gold/Platinum
You are given gold/platinum status for 90 days, and you must complete a certain number of nights/stays to retain that status for the remainder of the year plus the following year. This promotion is targeted only.

Road to Gold/Platinum (a.k.a. Gold/Platinum Challenge)
Currently, this will allow you to move up one level with a shortened stay criteria. You have 90 days to complete 6/9 stays to receive Gold/Platinum status. If you do no qualify, you are eligible to start another challenge one year and one day after the 90th day of the challenge you just did. When you sign up, the MR CSR should tell you the date you are eligible to do another challenge.

FAQ

Q: What qualifies as a stay?
A: One paid night at a Marriott-brand (including Ritz-Carlton Hotels) hotel. Cash+points rate does not qualify. SPG hotels does not qualify (as of 03/2017). Some exclusions may apply, someone please help fill this in.

Q: Can I simply book multiple, consecutive one-night stays at the same hotel?
A: No.

Q: Can I jump between multiple Marriotts in the area?
A: Yes. As long as you book at least one night at each property. Special care must be taken if the Marriott properties are next to each other. They may share the same back-office. While you may book one night at each property on consecutive nights, which should count as two stays, it may only count as one stay. A call to Marriott Rewards should split them up correctly.

Q: Can I book multiple nights at different properties for the same night to get multiple stay credits?
A: No. Regardless how many different places you book for the same night, it all counts as one stay.

Q: Can I sign up for both Gold and Platinum Challenges at the same time?
A: No. Only one challenge per year.

Q: I'm Silver, can I do the Platinum challenge?
A: No. This is only a one-level promotion. You are only eligible for the Gold challenge.

Q: Can a non-elite do the Gold Challenge
A: No. Must be Silver.

Q: I just completed my 6th/9th stay. When should I see my new status?
A: Good job! Your new status should appear after your 6th/9th stay posts to your account.

Q: Can I book a meeting to get a stay credit?
A: No. You will only receive 10 night credits, not a stay credit.
Print Wikipost

"Taste of Gold/Platinum" promotion and Platinum challenge [Merged threads]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 8, 2013, 8:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: MR/SPG LT Titanium, AA LT PLT, UA SLV, Avis PreferredPlus
Originally Posted by xtremeski2001
Wow! Can anyone post the nights/points earned for lifetime silver, gold, and plat? I'm pretty sure I've earned lifetime Silver and maybe even Gold. Would Marriott send me something?
Wouldn't it be nice if they would send you something? Or make a note of it in your renewal packet? Or indicate the status on the card? Or indicate the status on line?

Or something? Anything?

I'm assuming I'm LT Platinum, but have no proof or acknowledgment of it. Despite promises that it would be on the web site, and contrary to SPG which did not only all of the above, but delivered via FedEx special, solid metal card to their lifetime PLT's.

Guess who is outmarketing whom.
Old Jan 8, 2013, 8:26 pm

Originally Posted by plagwate
On a similar note, I received my Gold package a couple of days ago. I was a few nights short of 50 so it was a pleasant surprise.
I got my gold package. It said something like, "Even though you were a few nights short of meeting the requirements for Gold, we are giving it to you anyway." However, I had exactly 50 nights by early December.

Could this matter in anyway? For example, say next year I am at 49 nights, could they say, 'Well we gave it to you last year so we won't give you a break this year."

I just thought it was weird because I was really careful to get to 50!

Maggie
Old Jan 8, 2013, 8:39 pm

Programs: DL DM, Marriott Plat, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by maggiew
I got my gold package. It said something like, "Even though you were a few nights short of meeting the requirements for Gold, we are giving it to you anyway." However, I had exactly 50 nights by early December.

Could this matter in anyway? For example, say next year I am at 49 nights, could they say, 'Well we gave it to you last year so we won't give you a break this year."

I just thought it was weird because I was really careful to get to 50!

Maggie
I got the same thing and i was 20 nights over platinum. They have some serious IT flaws that can't count nights for status. On a side note i am Lifetime Platinum with 1175 nights and 3 million points. A double mistake
Old Jan 8, 2013, 9:05 pm

Programs: United 1K, MR Plat, SPG Plat
Haven't gotten any packet yet. Only had 33 nights this year, but made Lifetime Platinum under the old rules with a two night stay Dec. 22, 2012. 1000 nights and 2.2 million points, plus 22 years in the Marriott Rewards program (quite a few years without any travel obviously.) Got an email from Marriott Rewards today with the following info shown:
Acct #XXXXXX562
Platinum Lifetime
1,251,419 points
33 nights this year
As of 12/30/2012
I'll update this post when I get my packet.

Regards,

RIP...
Old Jan 8, 2013, 10:46 pm

Programs: UA 1KMM, Bonvoy LTE+A, HH D, Nat'l EE, Hertz Plat, Avis PC
Originally Posted by d20513
Really just wondering if, since I've received the Plat renewal, there's any chance of still being welcomed into the "Mystery" for 2013
No, if you got a plat card then they won't be following it up with PP. You're not "in the club" this year, sorry to say.
Old Jan 9, 2013, 12:34 am

Programs: Delta GM, (fmr US CP/PP/GP!), DL SkyClub, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Avis Chairman's Club
Originally Posted by iflyjetz
USIrritated, you're starting to post in a softer tone. All's right with the world - now I need to start doing the same.
No, I was having a down day, I went way too easy on that poster!
Old Jan 9, 2013, 12:36 am

Programs: Delta GM, (fmr US CP/PP/GP!), DL SkyClub, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Avis Chairman's Club
Originally Posted by OU812
Haven't gotten any packet yet. Only had 33 nights this year, but made Lifetime Platinum under the old rules with a two night stay Dec. 22, 2012. 1000 nights and 2.2 million points, plus 22 years in the Marriott Rewards program (quite a few years without any travel obviously.) Got an email from Marriott Rewards today with the following info shown:
Acct #XXXXXX562
Platinum Lifetime
1,251,419 points
33 nights this year
As of 12/30/2012
I'll update this post when I get my packet.

Regards,

RIP...
No packet for me yet either, and I qualified for LT Plat now, with 836 nights and 2.6 million points. Hopefully by next week!
Old Jan 9, 2013, 1:59 am

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, United Gold, Marriott Platinum Premier, Hyatt Globalist, National EE
After reading this thread and getting the good advice of just calling the Plat desk, I did and found out that I renewed this year at Plat Premier and also achieved LT Plat. Well worth the 3 min phone call than waiting for the packet in the mail.
Old Jan 9, 2013, 5:19 am

Programs: UA 1K, US LT Silver, AA Plat, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Platinum, Starwood Gold
No packet here yet, but called the MR Plat desk and confirmed that I am now LT Platinum with 3.8m points and 1002 nights. For those LT Plats who have received your cards, does it say "Lifetime Platinum?" Ironically, I asked the MR rep and he didn't know, but said it probably doesn't, but wouldn't have an expiration date like the regular Platinum cards. True or False?
Old Jan 9, 2013, 9:23 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Folks, we're only 9 days into the new year (w/ 1 day being a nat'l holiday & a weekend tossed in as well). I'd give Marriott a wee bit of a break on the packets not being in your hot little hands .

BTW - enjoy the packets when you get them because Marriott does not send out a new card/packet each year once you hit lifetime.

Can't speak for the cards people will be getting in the next few weeks, but when I received mine before it said in the expiration section "Good Thru Life".

BTW - the good news about being lifetime (Plat, Gold, Silver) is that if you don't hit enough nights to hit that status for the year you're still that status anyway. The bad is that if you're suddenly expecting the red carpet to be rolled out for you, it's not going to happen.

Cheers.
Old Jan 9, 2013, 1:47 pm
Suspended

Programs: Marriott - P; HH - G; Hyatt - P; Avis - LT First
but I must have my new card immediately as my old card will expire the
end of next month and, and, and .............

Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
Folks, we're only 9 days into the new year (w/ 1 day being a nat'l holiday & a weekend tossed in as well). I'd give Marriott a wee bit of a break on the packets not being in your hot little hands.
Old Jan 9, 2013, 3:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: MR/SPG LT Titanium, AA LT PLT, UA SLV, Avis PreferredPlus
Originally Posted by romadaro
For those LT Plats who have received your cards, does it say "Lifetime Platinum?" Ironically, I asked the MR rep and he didn't know, but said it probably doesn't, but wouldn't have an expiration date like the regular Platinum cards. True or False?
I have mine. No, it has no indication of LT status. Yes, it has a 2/14 expiration date. See my note above - unless you call, there's no way to know you've earned LT status, AFAIK.

(I'm answering as I have met the criteria and assume I'm LT PLT)
Old Jan 9, 2013, 4:44 pm

Programs: US GP, MR Platinum, PC Platinum, HHonors Gold, Avis First, Enterprise Plat
I got mine last week. The new Plat card is nice indeed ^
Old Jan 9, 2013, 4:55 pm

Programs: UA 1K (1MM), Marriott lifetime Plat
Mine arrived today, just in time for my first stay tomorrow night. Nice lookin' Plat card!
Old Jan 9, 2013, 5:59 pm

Programs: AA- EXP 3mm, Marriott Titanium(Lifetime), *wood Plat, Hertz Pres. Circle, *bucks Gold, Joan Ranger
Originally Posted by romadaro
No packet here yet, but called the MR Plat desk and confirmed that I am now LT Platinum with 3.8m points and 1002 nights. For those LT Plats who have received your cards, does it say "Lifetime Platinum?" Ironically, I asked the MR rep and he didn't know, but said it probably doesn't, but wouldn't have an expiration date like the regular Platinum cards. True or False?
I just called MR to see that I get Lifetime Plat. status. The CSR stated it has to be done manually by corporate. She sent the request & told me I would get a new card without an expiration date.

Thanks Marriott!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.