Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Doha, Qatar

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Doha, Qatar

Search this Thread

Old Jun 11, 2019, 6:56 am

Programs: Oman Air Gold, Qatar Airways Platinum, Marriott Ambassador, HH Diamond, GHA Black, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Addicted2Trvl

Traveling with my wife and we are only staying one night. Doesn’t necessarily need to be close to the airport as we have a full day layover.
Personally I would chose either of the the Ritz, St Regis or the Sheraton as my favourites especially if you hold status with Marriott.

W is nice but no beach or relaxing area really, the others will make you feel like you are on your holiday!
Old Jun 13, 2019, 10:18 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
I am going to Doha next week for 3 nights on the way to Ethiopia. Only been to Doh once and stayed at St. Regis which was ok. I will be in town to look around as a tourist and to write. ANy suggestions? The Westin, W and the Grand Hyatt look interesting to me... Just want a nice property, nice titanium treatment, and hopefully a club lounge where I can sit and write.
Old Jun 13, 2019, 10:51 pm
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Qatar Airways, Hyatt, Hilton, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by SHLTP
I am going to Doha next week for 3 nights on the way to Ethiopia. Only been to Doh once and stayed at St. Regis which was ok. I will be in town to look around as a tourist and to write. ANy suggestions? The Westin, W and the Grand Hyatt look interesting to me... Just want a nice property, nice titanium treatment, and hopefully a club lounge where I can sit and write.
Haven't stayed at the Grand Hyatt, but between the Westin and W, where I’ve each stayed over ten times...

You’ll have actual outdoor space with gardens, pools and a great fitness facility at the Westin. Breakfast or points, but breakfast spread is nice. I’ve always been upgraded as a Platinum+ member to the Junior Studio, Westin Suite and Family Suite. Lounge is spacious with two hours of happy hour and food in the evening, but the variety of food options is much smaller than before and quality has dipped. Location is a weak point, as there is nothing to explore nearby.m and traffic is often a nightmare.

The W is a lovely property and I’ve always been upgraded to Cool Corner Rooms, W or Wow Suites. Major caveat is the complete lack of outdoor space; pool is in the shade most of the time and quite small, plus it closes a lot for private events. Breakfast and food all around is excellent, although I can’t recall if it’s breakfast or points, or if they give Elites both. Lounge has great food options for two hours, but stingy happy hour of only one hour. Vibe in there is dark since this is part of the Crystal Lounge nightclub, so the place smells of stale cigarette smoke and has music rattling off in the background.

If a lounge is important to you, I would consider the Sheraton. The design is 1980s, but it is a local landmark; they have the best club lounge I’ve experienced in Doha with extensive and top-quality food options, a killer location on the Corniche with views of the city and gorgeous grounds to walk around including a big pool and beach. Service is a bit scattered with some excellent veteran staff and others who are more skittish and annoyingly inexperienced, however.

Hope this helps.

khabah
Old Jun 13, 2019, 11:07 pm

Originally Posted by khabah

Haven't stayed at the Grand Hyatt, but between the Westin and W, where I’ve each stayed over ten times...

You’ll have actual outdoor space with gardens, pools and a great fitness facility at the Westin. Breakfast or points, but breakfast spread is nice. I’ve always been upgraded as a Platinum+ member to the Junior Studio, Westin Suite and Family Suite. Lounge is spacious with two hours of happy hour and food in the evening, but the variety of food options is much smaller than before and quality has dipped. Location is a weak point, as there is nothing to explore nearby.m and traffic is often a nightmare.

The W is a lovely property and I’ve always been upgraded to Cool Corner Rooms, W or Wow Suites. Major caveat is the complete lack of outdoor space; pool is in the shade most of the time and quite small, plus it closes a lot for private events. Breakfast and food all around is excellent, although I can’t recall if it’s breakfast or points, or if they give Elites both. Lounge has great food options for two hours, but stingy happy hour of only one hour. Vibe in there is dark since this is part of the Crystal Lounge nightclub, so the place smells of stale cigarette smoke and has music rattling off in the background.

If a lounge is important to you, I would consider the Sheraton. The design is 1980s, but it is a local landmark; they have the best club lounge I’ve experienced in Doha with extensive and top-quality food options, a killer location on the Corniche with views of the city and gorgeous grounds to walk around including a big pool and beach. Service is a bit scattered with some excellent veteran staff and others who are more skittish and annoyingly inexperienced, however.

Hope this helps.

khabah
appreciate it. Very helpful. Thank you. Seems for me Westin or Sheraton is good based on what you wrote
Old Jun 14, 2019, 5:31 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
I have been to Westin, GH, and Sheraton. I think Westin is the weakest of the three although it's not a bad choice and I got a massive suite there. I am not sure if you have Globalist status with Hyatt but GH has a decent lounge (better than Westin, but not on par with Sheraton) and they are generous with room upgrades (got a fantastic suite), more so than Sheraton, and service is also better at GH than at Sheraton. Hardware is newer at GH than Sheraton which is starting to show its age; last but not least, GH is a more extensive property which should be a better fit to write, not that Sheraton is small but GH feels more like a resort than Sheraton does. On the flip side, as @khabah mentioned Sheraton has the best lounge and best location.
Old Jun 14, 2019, 5:43 am

Originally Posted by escape4
I have been to Westin, GH, and Sheraton. I think Westin is the weakest of the three although it's not a bad choice and I got a massive suite there. I am not sure if you have Globalist status with Hyatt but GH has a decent lounge (better than Westin, but not on par with Sheraton) and they are generous with room upgrades (got a fantastic suite), more so than Sheraton, and service is also better at GH than at Sheraton. Hardware is newer at GH than Sheraton which is starting to show its age; last but not least, GH is a more extensive property which should be a better fit to write, not that Sheraton is small but GH feels more like a resort than Sheraton does. On the flip side, as @khabah mentioned Sheraton has the best lounge and best location.
Thank you. Yes I am Globalist and Titanium

Appreciate the analysis. I might go w price then...
Old Jun 14, 2019, 5:47 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
Thank you. Yes I am Globalist and Titanium

Appreciate the analysis. I might go w price then...
Then you cannot go wrong with either of them. If it was me I would not pay 10-20% more for one versus the other, so if one of them has unusually low rates or high rates for your dates, then it makes the decision easier.
Old Jun 21, 2019, 10:45 pm

Thanks all for advice. I ended up booking Grand Hyatt (10% + cheaper than Westin, half price of Sheraton). I'm happy with choice so far (pre-upgraded to suite, upgraded to free buffet breakfast). Will post review on Hyatt section.

part of reason I booked over Westin was I had to speak to 3 people at Westin and put on hold for almost 10 mins for them to figure if buffet breakfast a plat amenity. I was surprised the reservations and front desk team couldnt answer his basic question.
Old Jun 25, 2019, 2:01 pm
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Qatar Airways, Hyatt, Hilton, Marriott, IHG
The Amari Hotel next to Msheireb is converting to Four Points by Sheraton Doha next month. News article from April here: Le Mirage, Marriott sign deal to debut Four Points by Sheraton

Website already live here: https://www.marriott.com/hotels/trav...r-points-doha/

Marriott has absolutely dominated Qatar.

khabah
AbuCordoba likes this.
Old Jun 26, 2019, 8:46 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, UA Mileage Plus 1K, AA Executive Plat, Marriott Ambassador Elite
Thanks all for advice. I ended up booking Grand Hyatt (10% + cheaper than Westin, half price of Sheraton). I'm happy with choice so far (pre-upgraded to suite, upgraded to free buffet breakfast). Will post review on Hyatt section.

part of reason I booked over Westin was I had to speak to 3 people at Westin and put on hold for almost 10 mins for them to figure if buffet breakfast a plat amenity. I was surprised the reservations and front desk team couldnt answer his basic question.
never been keen on the Westin. Particularly due to the location of the hotel in comparison to the rest in West Bay. I've always enjoyed the Marriott Marquis, upgraded rooms, lounge on the top floor is great and great pool area.
C17PSGR likes this.
Old Jun 26, 2019, 3:32 pm

Programs: Oman Air Gold, Qatar Airways Platinum, Marriott Ambassador, HH Diamond, GHA Black, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by khabah
The Amari Hotel next to Msheireb is converting to Four Points by Sheraton Doha next month. News article from April here: Le Mirage, Marriott sign deal to debut Four Points by Sheraton

Website already live here: https://www.marriott.com/hotels/trav...r-points-doha/

Marriott has absolutely dominated Qatar.

khabah
Shocked by this but also happy there's another option in Doha!! The market is ripe in Doha for excellent value!!
Old Aug 3, 2019, 9:39 am
kkl

Looking for a hotel which is convenient to explore for 1 night as well as flexible with check in times. Arrive into Doha @ 4am.
Old Aug 4, 2019, 2:06 pm

Originally Posted by kkl
Looking for a hotel which is convenient to explore for 1 night as well as flexible with check in times. Arrive into Doha @ 4am.
Do you have your24? if not most hotels are quite flexible especially if you try the Marriott , Marriott Marquis, Westin Hotels as they tend to be occupied with QR guests who come and go anyway so the team should be flexible if you contact them before hand.
Old Aug 4, 2019, 2:16 pm

Programs: AA 4MM EXP; Starwood Lifetime Plt
Originally Posted by kkl
I recently stayed at the Marriott from 7am to 7pm -- no trouble without your24. The hotel is reasonably near the airport. It has a huge marble lobby and was once a leading luxury hotel, but is now a bit tired. The lounge serves full dinner without extra charge.
Old Aug 4, 2019, 2:25 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador; AA EXP 3MM; AS MVP, Hilton Gold, CH-47/UH-60/C-23/C-130 VET
Originally Posted by kkl
I've stayed a few times at the Marriott Marquis and they have been flexible on check-in times. Of course, it might help I'm a repeat guest and not sure of your status. It has a convenient location and a nice pool.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.