Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Doha, Qatar

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Doha, Qatar

Search this Thread

Old Jan 19, 2020, 1:41 pm

Programs: BA GfL & GGL, FB Platinum, MB Titanium, Hilton Diamond
I’m also booked at the Westin later this year on the stopover package.

Did you take a take to/from the airport?
Old Jan 19, 2020, 4:42 pm

Programs: BA Silver (OW Sapphire), A3 Gold (*G), Bonvoy LTTE, HHonors Diamond, LeClubAccor Silver, UA Silver
Originally Posted by MaxFlyer
I’m also booked at the Westin later this year on the stopover package.

Did you take a take to/from the airport?
I took UberX to/from the airport, which worked extremely well. Was QAR 65 from airport (surge pricing at peak arrivals time at 1am), and QAR 36 on the way back. Hotel was offering a pickup service for QAR 100.
MaxFlyer likes this.
Old Jan 21, 2020, 6:22 pm

Programs: AA EXPLT, Marriott Titanium (LT PLT), HHonors Gold, AMEX PLT, UA Silver, National EXC
Originally Posted by Wozza2404
Arriving at 9.25pm you won't be at the JW until 10:30pm at the very earliest given it's a 20-25 minute ride (this assumes no bags and no immigration queues). And you'd be leaving at 5:30am to go back.

I'd either stay at the closest landside airport hotel, or if you're in QR business I'd look at upgrading to the Al Safwa lounge and getting a sleeping room there. Or even the airport transit hotel if the rates are OK.
Appreciate the advice, thank you! I will ask about Al Safwa. Is this something that can be booked in advance?
Old Jan 22, 2020, 6:57 am

Programs: BA GGL CCR GfL, SQ Gold, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card (7 Stamps)
Originally Posted by fotoflyer88
Appreciate the advice, thank you! I will ask about Al Safwa. Is this something that can be booked in advance?
You can't book - but you can get the Al Mourjan lounge to phone over and see if rooms are available before you go over there and pay.
fotoflyer88 likes this.
Old Jan 22, 2020, 7:32 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Got a flight in Qatar Biz, arriving in Doha at 6:20AM and departing at 8:25PM. Around 14 hours stop-over.

Will these times work for a hotel booking - how to go about that?
Old Jan 22, 2020, 8:14 am

Programs: Oman Air Gold, Qatar Airways Platinum, Marriott Ambassador, HH Diamond, GHA Black, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by kumarshah
Got a flight in Qatar Biz, arriving in Doha at 6:20AM and departing at 8:25PM. Around 14 hours stop-over.

If you need to sleep I would say upgrade to Al Safwa lounge and sleep there (free for platinum QR), otherwise just explore Doha for the day and leave your luggage in the Al Moujan lounge.
Old Jan 22, 2020, 10:26 am

Programs: BA GGL CCR GfL, SQ Gold, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card (7 Stamps)

If that was the earliest connecting flight available then you should be able to get QR to get you a hotel for the day. If there was an earlier flight to your destination and you choose the longer connection (because it was cheaper, for example) then they won't provide a hotel.

However in that time frame I'd contact a decent 5* hotel and get a day rate and have a pool day.
Old Jan 22, 2020, 12:08 pm

Have you check out the Qatar stopover program? Very cheap 4 or 5 stars hotel around the city and you should have no problem checking in in the morning from what I read on the QR forum.
Old Feb 17, 2020, 9:13 am

Programs: Free agent
Hello all,

Arriving at 11:59pm and departing the next day at 7:55pm. Will have my wife and 10 year old son in tow, Platinum Bonvoy if that matters. We are flying in F on the 7:55pm so have access to the Al Safwa lounge but really don't want to spend the entire time there. I have a good corporate rate of about $177 at the St. Regis/W/Westin/Ritz and about $115 at the Sharq. Given our body clocks we'll likely wake around 6-7am and have breakfast then spend the day lounging by the pool/beach and head back to the airport around 3-4pm to enjoy the lounge.

I was leaning towards the Sharq, but do those who have stayed at a few of these have a suggestion if our main focus is going to be breakfast and pool?

Thanks
Old Feb 20, 2020, 1:34 pm

Programs: BA Silver (OW Sapphire), A3 Gold (*G), Bonvoy LTTE, HHonors Diamond, LeClubAccor Silver, UA Silver
Originally Posted by jmail1
Hello all,

Arriving at 11:59pm and departing the next day at 7:55pm. Will have my wife and 10 year old son in tow, Platinum Bonvoy if that matters. We are flying in F on the 7:55pm so have access to the Al Safwa lounge but really don't want to spend the entire time there. I have a good corporate rate of about $177 at the St. Regis/W/Westin/Ritz and about $115 at the Sharq. Given our body clocks we'll likely wake around 6-7am and have breakfast then spend the day lounging by the pool/beach and head back to the airport around 3-4pm to enjoy the lounge.

I was leaning towards the Sharq, but do those who have stayed at a few of these have a suggestion if our main focus is going to be breakfast and pool?

Thanks
As mentioned above, the Westin is included in QR`s +Qatar offer: you can have this hotel for U$23 and still enjoy your elite benefits.
Old Mar 26, 2020, 11:39 am

Doha: St Regis or RC Sharq Village for Beach holiday?

Hi everyone!
I am trying to decide between St Regis or the Ritz Carlton Sharq Village for a 5 night beach holiday in Doha.
I wanted to ask which one would you recommend? Which one is more breathtaking/nicer in terms of rooms, beach and pool facilities?
Thank you!
Old Mar 26, 2020, 3:12 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador
Hello

i don’t know the answer to your question. But the sincere optimism for a better day oozing out from the text of your question has made me smile on an otherwise difficult day. Thank you friend.
EuropeanPete likes this.
Old Mar 26, 2020, 4:21 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
I don't love the St. Regis' pool area - big but just a big box square. I had one of the apartments at the pool which I didn't love too. Just a room near the pool. Would be good for large families to hang out I guess.
​​​​​
Rooms were pretty nice. In general, it is probably my least favorite STR globally. I didn't like the breakfast or the service. Butunch and dinner fabulous

I actually preferred the pool area for Grand Hyatt, though STR rooms are nicer. GH is a more resort, family like feel. STR pool wasn't luxurious enough for honeymooners or family enough - it was just weird for me. I haven't been to RC as they don't give me free breakfast as Titanium
Old Mar 26, 2020, 4:37 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, UA Mileage Plus 1K, AA Executive Plat, Marriott Ambassador Elite
I'd do STR over the RC. Wife and I liked it and even liked some of the restaurants at the Intercontinental next door that you can walk to.
Old Mar 26, 2020, 4:41 pm

Thank you everyone, highly appreciated!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.