FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Doha, Qatar
View Single Post
Old Jun 13, 2019, 10:51 pm
khabah

Programs: Qatar Airways, Hyatt, Hilton, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by SHLTP
I am going to Doha next week for 3 nights on the way to Ethiopia. Only been to Doh once and stayed at St. Regis which was ok. I will be in town to look around as a tourist and to write. ANy suggestions? The Westin, W and the Grand Hyatt look interesting to me... Just want a nice property, nice titanium treatment, and hopefully a club lounge where I can sit and write.
Haven't stayed at the Grand Hyatt, but between the Westin and W, where I’ve each stayed over ten times...

You’ll have actual outdoor space with gardens, pools and a great fitness facility at the Westin. Breakfast or points, but breakfast spread is nice. I’ve always been upgraded as a Platinum+ member to the Junior Studio, Westin Suite and Family Suite. Lounge is spacious with two hours of happy hour and food in the evening, but the variety of food options is much smaller than before and quality has dipped. Location is a weak point, as there is nothing to explore nearby.m and traffic is often a nightmare.

The W is a lovely property and I’ve always been upgraded to Cool Corner Rooms, W or Wow Suites. Major caveat is the complete lack of outdoor space; pool is in the shade most of the time and quite small, plus it closes a lot for private events. Breakfast and food all around is excellent, although I can’t recall if it’s breakfast or points, or if they give Elites both. Lounge has great food options for two hours, but stingy happy hour of only one hour. Vibe in there is dark since this is part of the Crystal Lounge nightclub, so the place smells of stale cigarette smoke and has music rattling off in the background.

If a lounge is important to you, I would consider the Sheraton. The design is 1980s, but it is a local landmark; they have the best club lounge I’ve experienced in Doha with extensive and top-quality food options, a killer location on the Corniche with views of the city and gorgeous grounds to walk around including a big pool and beach. Service is a bit scattered with some excellent veteran staff and others who are more skittish and annoyingly inexperienced, however.

Hope this helps.

khabah