Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Phuket, Thailand

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Phuket, Thailand

Search this Thread

Old Sep 12, 2011, 5:49 am

Programs: Marriott Plat, BAEC Silver, Thai Silver, Bangkok Air, Krisflyer Blue
baby Elephant at the JW Phuket

Yes the baby elephant is no longer there. All the elephants came from a rescue centre for elephants and he is still there as far as we know. We were told he was an orphan rescued. Every time we went to the pool he would come round and we would slip him a banana and a hundred baht note. He always ate the banana but never the money.
Old Sep 13, 2011, 2:00 am

Programs: AA Plt 3MM; UA 1K 2 MM; MR Lifetime Plat; HH Lifetime Diamond; HH Diamond; IGH Spire Ambas; SPG Gold
Originally Posted by BKKLEE
Why would you be going to Phi Phi? There's nothing there but a bunch of illegal resorts! (oh, there is an island where you can see bird caves - where they once had birds nests to make soup but I doubt if they exist anymore).
Because the islands are GORGEOUS! Is absolutely worthy a daytrip.

Have only stayed in the JW Phuket. Strongly recommend it for the best breakfast buffet EVER (overlooked Marriott rule of platinums not getting free breakfast--and fed family of five every day for one week); and the excellent marketplace-like store onsite where you can buy fresh breads and food for very reasonable prices.
Old Sep 13, 2011, 3:54 am
Suspended

Programs: Marriott - P; HH - G; Hyatt - P; Avis - LT First
Perhaps 30-years ago they were, but have you been there post-tsunami or even pre-tsunami when they were dumping more then 50% of raw sewage into the local water instead of treating it. And before the tour boats literally tore up and destroyed the corals........

Originally Posted by travelexpert
Because the islands are GORGEOUS! Is absolutely worthy a daytrip.
Old Sep 13, 2011, 12:21 pm

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hilton Silver (Yuck)
Sorry to go off topic, but I just have to know. Is phucket pronounced the same way I would pronounce it in English? I'm just trying to figure out how funny the name of the city is.

Thanks
Old Sep 13, 2011, 1:57 pm

Programs: MUCCI; BAEC Lifetime Gold; Marriott Bonvoy Emeritus Titanium; Hertz#1, Avis President’s Club
Originally Posted by precchia
Sorry to go off topic, but I just have to know. Is phucket pronounced the same way I would pronounce it in English? I'm just trying to figure out how funny the name of the city is.

Thanks
It is pronounced poo-ket.
Old Sep 13, 2011, 4:06 pm

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hilton Silver (Yuck)
Originally Posted by johnaalex
It is pronounced poo-ket.
Darn, that's a bit disappointing.
Old Sep 17, 2011, 9:05 am

Dear Cattwl,
I have a plan to visit Mai Khao Marriot club sometime in NOV/DEC.
Marriot Vacation Club told me, if I can be recommended from membership owern (like you), I could receive 3 free night.
My name is Yun Jin Shin (Mr.) / email: [email protected] / residence: South Korea.

many thank in advance!
Yun Jin Shin
Old Nov 3, 2011, 3:45 am
Suspended

Returned to the Renaissance Phuket just to get away from Bangkok and the continuing (false) story of the entire City floating away ........ NO problems driving from the center of the City to the airport.

Found the Renaissance nearly deserted as at least 3 groups have CXLed due to the flooding stories....... NO FLOODING here.

Upgraded, once again, to a private pool villa, without even asking.

The sun is out and the water is warm...........
Old Nov 3, 2011, 6:01 am

Programs: MUCCI; BAEC Lifetime Gold; Marriott Bonvoy Emeritus Titanium; Hertz#1, Avis President’s Club
Originally Posted by BKKLEE
The sun is out and the water is warm...........
And I hope the beer is cold!
Old Nov 3, 2011, 9:21 am
Suspended

even though I opted for the points on arrival the hotel still delivered a bottle of (Chilean) red.........

Originally Posted by johnaalex
And I hope the beer is cold!
Old Nov 3, 2011, 4:10 pm

Programs: UA-Gold AA-Gold, Marriott Lifetime Tit. Elite
I am planning a trip for next year...it pretty much says it's been raining every day for the last few weeks. True? During the rainy season, does it rain ALL day? Just a few hours? When it rains is it a downpour for an hr..then "clear" for the rest of the day?

Thanks...going to try to avoid the rainy season....but will probably be on the border times for the region.
Old Nov 3, 2011, 5:19 pm
Suspended

On Wednesday last, our arrival day, it rained in the evening for about 30-minutes. Yesterday we had rain for only 10-minutes in the evening and today was sunny all day.

Originally Posted by dgoedken
I am planning a trip for next year...it pretty much says it's been raining every day for the last few weeks. True? During the rainy season, does it rain ALL day? Just a few hours? When it rains is it a downpour for an hr..then "clear" for the rest of the day?

Thanks...going to try to avoid the rainy season....but will probably be on the border times for the region.
Old Nov 3, 2011, 7:02 pm

Programs: UA-Gold AA-Gold, Marriott Lifetime Tit. Elite
really does seem over-rated then. Is there more rain up around BBK I assume?
Old Nov 3, 2011, 8:17 pm
Suspended

haven't had any rain in BKK for over a week, but problem is with idiots who demand that their flooded area be immediately drained causing the waters to flood previously unaffected areas of the City......... of course the release hasn't helped the flooded areas as the open and or broken (by the idiots) sluice gates allow water out only to have more water enter as the lower level "attracts" new flows.......

Originally Posted by dgoedken
really does seem over-rated then. Is there more rain up around BBK I assume?
Old Nov 4, 2011, 6:58 pm

re:free night in Phuket

Originally Posted by cattwl
I am able to refer anyone (couples or singles) for a 3-night free stay in a 2-bedroom villa suite apartment at Marriott’s Mai Khao Beach Phuket. This promotion includes roundtrip airport transfer and 90-minute sales presentation of Marriott Vacation Club Asia Pacific Membership program.

Special offer when travelling between Sep 01 and Sep 30, 2011, you will also get free breakfast buffet for 2 persons for 3 days.

Just PM me your name, email address and country of residence.

Not sure if I'm breaking FT rules here... But just tot it's a pretty good offer..
Hello there,
Thank you for information,
Michael Schroeder (mr.) [email protected], Germany 2 person. we will be there in November 25 - December 2, pls let me know what should I do next

Thank you so much

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.