Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

W St Petersburg, Russia [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

W St Petersburg, Russia [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 9, 2018, 8:46 am

Programs: Starwoods/ Marriott Life Time Platinum, Hilton-Diamond, and HP
Originally Posted by 360guy
The same for me today. No mention of refunding my 35,500 points
My 35,500 points were put back into my account today.
Old Mar 9, 2018, 2:27 pm

Programs: marriott platinum, intercontinental diamond
Originally Posted by coolfish1103
Haven't got an e-mail yet, any idea when it was sent? Thanks.
Received my message on March 7 in the early afternoon.
Old Mar 9, 2018, 2:31 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
I got a follow up email saying they would charge the correct number of points. I asked why I wasn’t at least offered the Renaissance- no doubt because Marriott awards are capacity controlled in a was Starwood’s isn’t.
Old Mar 10, 2018, 6:22 am

Programs: AA, AS, CI, DL, UA
Originally Posted by avja
Received my message on March 7 in the early afternoon.
Thank you. Still didn't receive an e-mail from them, I'll write them an e-mail and see what happens.
Old Mar 10, 2018, 11:57 am

Beachfan - So what Executive Guest Service??? is offering is the same deal you could have booked by yourself.

Last edited by avja; Mar 10, 2018 at 11:59 am Reason: Add name on initial post
Old Mar 10, 2018, 12:27 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
Worse, as I could have booked the Renaissance (still can)
Points are back in my account.
Old Mar 10, 2018, 3:29 pm

Programs: Starwoods/ Marriott Life Time Platinum, Hilton-Diamond, and HP
I booked the Courtyard St. Petersburg Vasillievsky, 2nights at 40,000 Marriott points. I also have the Hilton booked.
The Hilton has an Executive lounge.
Old Mar 11, 2018, 1:10 am

Programs: Marriott LT Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond
Hilton?

Wow, first time I heard Hilton is open in SPB let me check...
Old Mar 11, 2018, 9:40 am

Originally Posted by 360guy
I booked the Courtyard St. Petersburg Vasillievsky, 2nights at 40,000 Marriott points. I also have the Hilton booked.
The Hilton has an Executive lounge.
According to the Hilton website, the Hilton is 12 miles from St Petersburg and is near the airport.
Old Mar 11, 2018, 9:52 am

The points were returned to my account. There was no notification from Executive Guest Lack of Services. They also never responded to my questions.
I booked the Indigo, an IHG hotel, for approx. $200 per night in July.
Old Mar 16, 2018, 5:24 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: SQ *G, BA Gold, Bonvoy Ambassador Elite LFT Titanium , Hyatt Discoverist, ALL Diamond
Email just received.
But my Ambassador returned the point as soon as I noticed the booking was gone from my account and understood the property was leaving.

Dear Mr. JohnSIN,

As a valued Starwood Preferred Guest member, we are writing to inform you of a change in the status of W St. Petersburg. As of January 31, 2018, the property is no longer part of Marriott International or the W brand and is no longer participating in the Starwood Preferred Guest (SPG) program.

We see you are currently holding a reservation, confirmation number XXXXXXX arriving on XXXXXXXXX and departing on XXXXXXXXXX. We are pleased to inform you that your reservation for a Preferred (free) Night Award can be transferred to the Lotte hotel St. Petersburg. You may click here for more information about this hotel.

Please, confirm your reservation by contacting the Lotte hotel and providing credit card details for guarantee purposes. You can contact the hotel at the telephone number +7-812-336-10-00.

Should you have further questions and wish to connect with a member of our Customer Service team, we will be happy to assist at [email protected].

We appreciate your continued patronage of Marriott International and we apologize for this any inconvenience this may have caused you. We look forward to welcoming you to one of our properties in the near future.

Sincerely,
Old Mar 16, 2018, 5:30 am

Originally Posted by JohnSIN
Email just received.
But my Ambassador returned the point as soon as I noticed the booking was gone from my account and understood the property was leaving.

Dear Mr. JohnSIN,

As a valued Starwood Preferred Guest member, we are writing to inform you of a change in the status of W St. Petersburg. As of January 31, 2018, the property is no longer part of Marriott International or the W brand and is no longer participating in the Starwood Preferred Guest (SPG) program.

We see you are currently holding a reservation, confirmation number XXXXXXX arriving on XXXXXXXXX and departing on XXXXXXXXXX. We are pleased to inform you that your reservation for a Preferred (free) Night Award can be transferred to the Lotte hotel St. Petersburg. You may click here for more information about this hotel.

Please, confirm your reservation by contacting the Lotte hotel and providing credit card details for guarantee purposes. You can contact the hotel at the telephone number +7-812-336-10-00.

Should you have further questions and wish to connect with a member of our Customer Service team, we will be happy to assist at [email protected].

We appreciate your continued patronage of Marriott International and we apologize for this any inconvenience this may have caused you. We look forward to welcoming you to one of our properties in the near future.

Sincerely,
I received this as well.
Old Mar 16, 2018, 9:21 pm

Originally Posted by coolfish1103
I received this as well.
Hi,

Are you also an Plat 100? What month was your stay.

Cant day I feel to good to be only offered the Courtyard.
Old Mar 16, 2018, 9:22 pm

Originally Posted by beachfan

Hi,

Are you also an Plat 100? What month was your stay? Full points? Mine was C&P.

Old Mar 16, 2018, 9:28 pm

Originally Posted by beachfan

Hi,

Are you also an Plat 100? What month was your stay.

No I am not a Plat 100. My stay is in June. I did a dummy check and there are no Marriott available for my stays since February this year.

If we do compare the pricing for W and this hotel for a regular (non event) stay, this hotel is like 50-100 dollars cheaper per night, but not much I can do cause there are not many choices left and they are all pricey at this point... Radisson, Holiday Inn...

Though I am wondering if SPG can offer me S/N credit for this lodge? I mean I would have lost all other benefits for the lodge since I am being re-located, but S/N is something maybe they can offer on the corporate side?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.