Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott “Associate Explore" and "Friends and Family” rate questions

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Marriott “Associate Explore" and "Friends and Family” rate questions

Search this Thread

Old May 29, 2018, 8:19 pm

Pretty much any city in California from LA to Sacramento.
Using flexible dates, I searched for a random city like Fairfield Inn in Folsom and it goes from $39 from June to August, to $100+ in September and onwards. Same goes for every other city I've been checking.

In the past, I've been able to book more than 3 months in advance (that's how I plan my vacations, hah) so I'm not sure if something changed. I guess we'll know in a few weeks when it hits mid June.

Last edited by Neem; May 29, 2018 at 8:26 pm
Old Jun 2, 2018, 1:34 pm

Programs: AC35K, Marriott Bonvoy Platinum
Revenue Management rarely extends Explore Rates beyond the 3 month period. There have been no changes outlined on MGS so I doubt anything is changing in regards to Explore rates as the rates were just adjusted/changed earlier this year in February I believe.
Old Jun 2, 2018, 8:40 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by jer3
Revenue Management rarely extends Explore Rates beyond the 3 month period. There have been no changes outlined on MGS so I doubt anything is changing in regards to Explore rates as the rates were just adjusted/changed earlier this year in February I believe.
I was told by a friend that it really varies, based on occupancy/timeframe. Low occupancy lower rate; try to redeem in. high occupancy or special event time it will be higher. No idea if that's true, but my friend has seen rates of $55 to $151 (currently) for Family/Friends depending on date. FWIW - it wouldn't surprise me if Rev Mgt does Explore beyond the 3 mth.

Cheers.
Old Jun 3, 2018, 10:26 am

Programs: AC35K, Marriott Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
I was told by a friend that it really varies, based on occupancy/timeframe. Low occupancy lower rate; try to redeem in. high occupancy or special event time it will be higher. No idea if that's true, but my friend has seen rates of $55 to $151 (currently) for Family/Friends depending on date. FWIW - it wouldn't surprise me if Rev Mgt does Explore beyond the 3 mth.

Cheers.
That's actually a good point so I would change my stance from rarely to more a case-by-case basis depending on occupancy levels. I'd say most F&F rates are based on a percentage off (10-15%) but there's some hotels that do adjust their own rates for F&F rates while most Explore rates are a set rate but the individual hotels have some leeway with the rate also depending on the type of property and the kind of occupancy they experience (hotels in central New York and Tokyo I noticed are notoriously hard to find good Explore Rates)
Old Jul 13, 2018, 12:13 pm

Programs: Marriott Rewards
Smile Marriott Friends and Family

Does anyone know how many rooms you are allowed to book using friends and family rate?
Old Jul 14, 2018, 12:36 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by alwaysloved66
Does anyone know how many rooms you are allowed to book using friends and family rate?
The limits are listed on the authorization form and/or in the rate details (when you initiate a reservation). From my experience, the friends and family rate can be used for any number of rooms, subject to availability and to common sense (e.g., if the associate gave you the form to use for yourself, don't go out an book a room for every member of your softball team).
Old Sep 1, 2018, 9:39 pm

Just curious has anyone stayed using the Family or Friends rate and recieved elite benefits after the merger? Benefits was provided before and I have stays coming up and was wondering if this is still the case.
Old Sep 1, 2018, 9:43 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ti/LTP
Two stays for my dad so far, at the RC HK, and RC Bali, RC HK upgraded to a grand sea view, then changed to a Victoria harbor view as we needed 2 beds. RC Bali upgraded to a pavilion villa. He’s a P and was recognized as such. Full P benefits as far as a RC goes.

Edit: full Plat Benefits at W Seminyak. This is surprising since spg never officially gave benefits in the first place.

Last edited by bdschobel; Sep 3, 2018 at 5:39 am Reason: removed proprietary code
Old Sep 3, 2018, 4:26 am

Originally Posted by GoSh4rks
Two stays for my dad so far, at the RC HK, and RC Bali, RC HK upgraded to a grand sea view, then changed to a Victoria harbor view as we needed 2 beds. RC Bali upgraded to a pavilion villa. He’s a P and was recognized as such. Full P benefits as far as a RC goes.

Edit: full Plat Benefits at W Seminyak. This is surprising since spg never officially gave benefits in the first place.
Thanks. will also be reporing back end of the month. Heading to Europe.

Last edited by bdschobel; Sep 3, 2018 at 5:40 am Reason: Edited quote only
Old Sep 3, 2018, 7:18 am

Noticed that the code was edited out. Is this new? I've always posted with it in the past, and the code by itself doesn't do anything. You need the form for it to actually work.
Old Sep 7, 2018, 7:21 pm

Programs: Eternal Search for LT Club
Associate Rate at Starwood properties

I have access to Marriott associate rate, but ever since the merger I haven't found single availability at ANY location, heck even option to check availability at SPG properties is grayed out while I can check rate availability at Marriott property.

Previously I searched for availability at SPG properties using StarHot link which now redirects to marriott.com. Any one with access to the rate or maybe SPG Insider (William ?) knows when can I expect to see marriott associate rate for SPG properties,

Last edited by bdschobel; Sep 7, 2018 at 8:17 pm Reason: removed proprietary rate code
Old Sep 7, 2018, 8:50 pm

Originally Posted by rtgta
I have access to Marriott associate rate, but ever since the merger I haven't found single availability at ANY location, heck even option to check availability at SPG properties is grayed out while I can check rate availability at Marriott property.

Previously I searched for availability at SPG properties using StarHot link which now redirects to marriott.com. Any one with access to the rate or maybe SPG Insider (William ?) knows when can I expect to see marriott associate rate for SPG properties,
It has been working for SPG and Marriott since day 1 for me. Still working right now.
Old Sep 7, 2018, 8:59 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
It's still working AFAIK. I did hear something recently about various properties being converted to new servers in Nov/to be the same, which makes me wonder if the new T&Cs will take effect. Previously you wouldn't earn night/points credit but would receive elite recognition bennies. Marriott's new T&Cs say no elite recog bennies.

Cheers.
Old Sep 7, 2018, 11:06 pm

Programs: Eternal Search for LT Club
Originally Posted by GoSh4rks
It has been working for SPG and Marriott since day 1 for me. Still working right now.
Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
It's still working AFAIK. I did hear something recently about various properties being converted to new servers in Nov/to be the same, which makes me wonder if the new T&Cs will take effect. Previously you wouldn't earn night/points credit but would receive elite recognition bennies. Marriott's new T&Cs say no elite recog bennies.

Cheers.
I stayed at two Marriott properties (Cosmopolitan Vegas and a Courtyard) this past weekend using associate rate, I did receive elite benefits and no night credits like I normally have in the past that is just like normal but I have been unable to find availability at any SPG property using associate rate even the option that shows availability on month calendar is grayed out while it works for Marriott property, I have tried going through StarHot link as well.
Would anyone like to give more info on property/ procedure on how they were able to search associate rate availability at SPG property using marriott.com

Last edited by rtgta; Sep 7, 2018 at 11:35 pm
Old Sep 7, 2018, 11:25 pm

Don't know why you are having trouble. I am not doing anything special on either the app or website to pull up spg associate or friends rates. Just Marriott.com and the Marriott app with the normal codes

I can pull up Prince de Galles in paris for 200 eur on Dec 25. It's working great for me.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.