Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Platinum arrival gift [Merged threads]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Platinum arrival gift [Merged threads]

Search this Thread

Old May 20, 2009, 1:47 pm

Programs: all the big ones.. no LCCs for me
ive only ever taken the points

thats all I want or need
Old May 20, 2009, 3:35 pm

Programs: Marriott lifetime Titanium, Delta Platinum
"Guaranteed Platinum Arrival Gift: Complimentary refreshments delivered to your guestroom. Available at all participating Marriott hotel brands. Marriott Vacation Club International and Horizons by Marriott Vacation Club only offer a Platinum Arrival Gift 500 bonus points option."
http://www.marriott.com/rewards/terms/elite.mi

How does a music download qualify as "refreshments?"
Old May 20, 2009, 4:32 pm

Programs: Marriott LT Plat,SW, Hertz #1 Gold, Amtrak SP, jetBlue, et al
can you eat an iPod???
Old May 20, 2009, 6:37 pm

Programs: UA 1K and 1 Million Miles, Marriott Plat Premier and LT Plat, Hertz Pres Circle
Sounds like $25 to me !

I was at the FI in Dallas and same thing - points or downloads. They forgot to ask me at check in so I decided to take the cash and run
Old May 20, 2009, 7:41 pm

Originally Posted by OU812
I had the same experience at 2 FI I stayed at this past weekend. Per the MOD, a new Marriott Directive instructs FI to no longer offer cookies and water as a Platinum Amenity. Instead its points or a music card (Billboard?). I usually don't care about the amenity at FI, but since my daughter was with me, I was disappointed the cookies were no longer offered.

Regards,

RIP...
I'm at a Fairfield Inn, checked in yesterday, was offered the points or music download card (no cookies). Card is Billboard, offers "3 Tracks". No idea what value (indeed, back of the card says "The value of this card is the responsibility of the holder" whatever that's supposed to mean).

I also miss the cookies.
Old May 20, 2009, 8:25 pm

To the Marriott Concierge Team: Why is Marriott allowing the Fairfield brand to openly violate the rules of the program which require that at least one choice of platinum welcome amenity be "welcome refreshments?" I don't object to music downloads being offered to those interested, but many of us prefer refreshments as the rules appear to require. See link to the program rules. http://www.marriott.com/rewards/terms/elite.mi
Thanks in advance for your response.

Last edited by ohmark; May 22, 2009 at 9:21 am
Old May 21, 2009, 7:58 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Platinum, AAdvantage Gold, Air Canada Elite, Avis Pref Select, Hertz Gold,
I'm writing from the Jackson, Michigan FI. I was offered "points or music". I thought it might be some sort of pay music thing in the room. Academic....I took the points.
Old May 21, 2009, 8:33 pm

Programs: United 1K, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
They've been having this "music" promo for two or three months now. I remembered being offered this recently and took points as usual.

According to the lady at the front desk the last time i was offered this, nearly no one has taken the music, and it was somewhat of a flop in terms of "promos".
Old May 22, 2009, 9:23 am

Originally Posted by schuepbach
They've been having this "music" promo for two or three months now. I remembered being offered this recently and took points as usual.

According to the lady at the front desk the last time i was offered this, nearly no one has taken the music, and it was somewhat of a flop in terms of "promos".
I don't agree that it's a "promo." A promo would be offering something in addition to the usual. Here they appear to be taking away the usual option of refreshments.
Old May 22, 2009, 1:01 pm
Company Representative - Marriott Concierge

FFI Platinum Arrival Gift

Thanks everyone for your concerns regarding Fairfield Inn & Suites Platinum Arrival Gift. Here is a quick overview of this benefit:

Essentially, as of January this year, Fairfield Inn & Suites offered Marriott Rewards Elite Platinum Level members the Platinum Arrival Gift of aMarriott Rewards/Billboard card or 200 Marriott Rewards points.

This exclusive gift is only offered at Fairfield Inn & Suites to Marriott Rewards Elite Platinum Level members. The Platinum Arrival Gift benefit is still guaranteed and awaits the member on their day of arrival. At check-in Platinum Elite members may select either:

a. 200 Marriott Rewards Bonus Points applied to his/her Marriott Rewards account

OR

b. (1) Billboard Music Download Card for complimentary song downloads

Around this time a year ago, Marriott Rewards changed the Platinum Arrival Gift delivery from something anonymously delivered to the hotel room, to providing our Marriott Rewards members their gift upon check-in. In regard to the refreshment option, the Fairfield Inn & Suites brand team wanted to offer something fresh and different to learn if members had any preference.

Based on feedback, greater than 70% of our members preferred points as their arrival gift. And, Fairfield Inn & Suites has received a lot of positive feedback regarding the Billboard Music download cards. Marriott Rewards and the Fairfield Inn brand team plan to continue offering these choices based on Marriott Rewards member feedback, and in turn may make diverse options available at Marriotts other select service hotels as well .

I hope this helps clear a few things up thanks again for your comments.

Yours from the Marriott Rewards Team,

Andrew
Old May 22, 2009, 1:17 pm

Programs: AA Plat, UA Silver, DL Silver, Marriott Titanium, etc.
Not really sure how they got to this point from member feedback. Seems strange that they came up with music or points as the only options now.

I suspect that the music download (99 cent value??) does appeal to a few in the Plat elite demographic, but this gift is probably well behind the cookies in popularity. Do the cookies cost too much?
Old May 22, 2009, 2:16 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium (former PP), Hilton Silver, UA Silver, AS Member, Hertz 5*
I would just take points, but I have no plans to stay at a FI anytime soon.
Old May 22, 2009, 3:32 pm
Suspended

well I think they give the water and cookies for free all the time but the music is a nice little change.
Old May 22, 2009, 9:37 pm

Originally Posted by ajp76054
well I think they give the water and cookies for free all the time but the music is a nice little change.
As an alternative, perhaps; but not as a replacement for the cookies.
Old Jun 5, 2009, 6:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Plat arrival gift compensation

So I checked into a CY yesterday (Thurs) in the afternoon... didn't receive the plat arrival gift. I was going to mention something, but the desk clerk also didn't give any greeting or welcome about being a plat or thanks for coming back etc. So I went to the room, and gave them overnight to leave a message or note regarding the missed arrival gift.

Next morning (today) I go to the desk and inquire about my plat arrival gift because I did not receive it. Desk clerk offers me 200pts or breakfast etc... I ask for the compensation since I did not receive my arrival gift. He gets the manager. Manager first says they don't offer compensation and tries to offer breakfast, which I politely decline because I have breakfast at the office today. I explain that I did not receive my plat arrival gift and am requesting the compensation. Manager then says that they have until my checkout (tomorrow, its a 2 night stay) to provide the gift. I disagree, referring him to the posted terms on the marriott website. Manager says he will check into it, and to give him a bit of time to see what happened.

I plan on going back to the desk this afternoon... I wonder what they're going to try to say. Normally I would've been fine taking breakfast except that I wouldn't use it this stay, and also that at check in they didn't acknowledge my status or return to the hotel at all (stayed there several other times).

I'm planning on printing out the elite benefit guarantee page from the marriott website that shows the terms and compensation. Any other recommendations? Its $50 for a CY correct?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.