Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Platinum arrival gift [Merged threads]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Platinum arrival gift [Merged threads]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 23, 2008, 10:35 am
Moderator, Marriott Bonvoy & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United Silver; AA Plat/2MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by annerj
I've NEVER had any points post BEFORE I check-out.
That matches my experience as well.
Old Apr 23, 2008, 12:59 pm
Company Representative - Marriott Concierge

Hello,

There is really no way systematically for the arrival gift points to post to your account prior to the end of your stay. The reason for this is that the bonus is posted to the account with your stay.

If a hotel representative forgets to offer you a platinum arrival gift during your stay, then you should let them know before check out and you will get your money.

It is our goal that all Marriott hotels are consistent with getting the 500 pts submitted with the stay. If there is a hotel that constantly posts stays without the bonus, contact our Marriott Rewards desk. We can then have that property educated on the proper procedures and ensure that future stays will be submitted with the bonus.

I have sent the comments and concerns on this thread to the Elite Marketing Management.

Kind regards,

Marie
Old Apr 23, 2008, 1:13 pm

Programs: UA 1P, CO Plat, MR Plat, SPG Plat, US Dirt
Hi Marie:
Thanks for responding but I would like to impress upon Elite Marketing to remind all member hotels of this guarantee. I nearly had a knock down drag out fight with a FS Marriott in Northern Virginia last year because they failed to deliver the PLT amenity. I invoked the $100 and instead, the agent went away and only offered 500 points. After much squabbling, I just let it go and cancelled 3 weeks worth of future business at the establishment. I haven't been back since.
Old Apr 23, 2008, 2:50 pm
Company Representative - Marriott Concierge

Platinum Arrival Gift update!!!

Hello,

I have an exciting update to our Platinum Arrival Gifts to inform you about.

Beginning May 1st you will have more options at all domestic Courtyards, Fairfield Inn, Residence Inn, Springhill and Townplace Suites hotels.

Upon check in you will now be given the option of 200 arrival bonus points or a selection of one item from The Market (Courtyards, Residence Inns, and Spring Hill Suites), or In a Pinch (Town Place Suites). For Fairfield Inns and Town Place Suites (without In a Pinch), you will have the option of 200 points or a sweet or salty snack and water.

This is a wonderful new option and I hope you all enjoy it.

Kind regards,

Marie
Old Apr 23, 2008, 5:19 pm
Moderator, Marriott Bonvoy & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United Silver; AA Plat/2MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Hilton Gold
Marie, thanks for the official update. It is nice to see that Marriott is trying to offer more choices at the non-FS hotels.
Old Apr 23, 2008, 5:47 pm

Programs: Marriott LT Plat, Hyatt Platinum
Platinum Arrival Gift update!!!

^Marie - this is great....thanks for the update!
Old Apr 23, 2008, 5:52 pm

Programs: Marriott Gold, UA Nobody, Hertz Gold, Avis Select
Woohooo!

Now...Will those points post proper?

That helps the people who are aiming for LTP!
Old Apr 23, 2008, 6:33 pm

Programs: AA 1MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hilton Diamond
<deleted>

I saw Marie posted in the other thread pertaining to a penalty points system for not posting these points.

--DD73

Last edited by Dudleydog73; Apr 23, 2008 at 6:36 pm Reason: too slow
Old Apr 23, 2008, 6:39 pm

Programs: AA 1MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Marie,

If I may how does the customer service line know that we actually asked for the 500 points and did not get another amenity? Is there some way that we could get a "receipt" on our checkout bill showing at the bottom (where the marriott rewards points earned for this stay is listed) that we did order the points instead of another gift that we could use for backup when talking to the customer service line?

--DD73
Old Apr 23, 2008, 8:22 pm

Location: STL, MO-US and A , SWA A-List, Marriott LTTE, Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
It's nice having more options but 200pts seems a little low for some CYs. I just stayed at the downtown IND CY last week and one night was $259. I've stayed at some FS Marroitts for $169/nt.

They should base pts on hotel catagory or avg rate.
Old Apr 25, 2008, 4:58 am

Originally Posted by Marriott Concierge
Hello,

I have an exciting update to our Platinum Arrival Gifts to inform you about.

Beginning May 1st you will have more options at all domestic Courtyards, Fairfield Inn, Residence Inn, Springhill and Townplace Suites hotels.

Upon check in you will now be given the option of 200 arrival bonus points or a selection of one item from The Market (Courtyards, Residence Inns, and Spring Hill Suites), or In a Pinch (Town Place Suites). For Fairfield Inns and Town Place Suites (without In a Pinch), you will have the option of 200 points or a sweet or salty snack and water.

This is a wonderful new option and I hope you all enjoy it.

Kind regards,

Marie
I wonder how they will handle this at the Courtyard in San Juan. It does not have a Market. Maybe it is not consider a domestic courtyard?
Old Apr 25, 2008, 5:03 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
definitely a ^
Old Apr 25, 2008, 5:05 am

Programs: AA Plat, UA Silver, DL Silver, Marriott Titanium, etc.
Originally Posted by ALARISstl
It's nice having more options but 200pts seems a little low for some CYs.
Yes it is low, you can buy 200 points for $2.50, I would think they could go a little higher than this. But it is nice to see Marriott trying to find more ways to reward their loyal customers.
Old Apr 25, 2008, 3:06 pm

Originally Posted by spartacus_lives
Has anyone else heard that the Courtyard arrival gift is going away this summer? I was just told this by a CY manager.

I think they are replacing it with points or something out of the market.

Thoughts?

I am glad this one turned out to be true.

I like the choice instead of water.

Thanks MR!
Old Apr 25, 2008, 8:40 pm

Programs: DL DM, Marriott Plat, National Exec Elite
So is this going to eliminate the water in the rooms. i actually like it in the room when i arrive and the 200 points means nothing. 40 stays a year is going to yield an extra 4000 points. I am not jumping up and down right now on this. i have a hard enough time getting the FS to post the 500 points correctly.

It would also be nice if international marriotts could post the "Damn" points. Everytime i have to fax in my hotel bill. i am missing 5 days in March still.

Lets just see how many times the 200 points is missing.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.