Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

St. Regis Bangkok, Thailand [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 12, 2019, 10:50 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: margarita girl
Hotel email address: [email protected]
Concierge: [email protected]
Print Wikipost

St. Regis Bangkok, Thailand [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 5, 2022, 2:41 am

Programs: Skywards Plat, Bonvoy Titanium
I do quite like the hard product of this hotel but the management approach is completely wrong.

You are greeted with quite a nice lobby but once you exit the lift to check in you feel like you’ve just walked in to a car show room with all the upselling sales pitches!
GalaxyChris likes this.
Old Aug 5, 2022, 5:18 am

Originally Posted by Kacee
I would have said "thanks" and canceled my reservation.

"I'm sorry we're fully committed and cannot guaranty early check-in" I would understand. But the upsell? No thanks.
I hear you but in my case I was burning my free night awards before they expire and while I could have used them elsewhere in BKK this was my first stay at a St Regis (anywhere) so I wanted to stick with it. I was happy with my actual stay.
Kacee likes this.
Old Aug 5, 2022, 8:56 pm

Programs: UA LT 1K, 3 MM; Marriott Titanium; IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by greendx
We went back and forth via email few days before my stay. They offered 8am check-in for 4500THB++ or an upgrade to Caroline Astor Suite suite for 6500THB++ per night which would also allow me to check in at 8am. I didn't need a suite but convinced myself that I'd give it a try for 4500THB++ per night and asked if that was an option. They said sure to 4500 but then 8am check-in would go back to being extra 4500THB++ I declined the suite and ended up paying 4500THB++ to check in at 8am. They pushed the suite hard including trying to negotiate further, after I asked to stay in my original room + 4500 early check-in, offering me a complimentary 12pm check-in which would have been pointless for me.
Thank you for the detailed reply.

I now have to think about booking St Regis for my short stay. I did not have any problem for early checkin at the nearby Renaissance about 10 years ago.

Did anyone have the early check-in experience in other Bangkok Marriott hotels? My flight arrives at 6:10 am. Presumably, I will arrive at hotel by 9 am and leave by 7 am next day.
Old Aug 6, 2022, 12:45 am
kkl

Never had an issue with early check in pre covid. Max 1 hour wait with a complimentary bite at the bar

this up selling nonsense is concerning
Old Aug 6, 2022, 3:27 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Accor Diamond, BA Gold, QR Plat
I stayed there last month. I arrived at 8 AM / booked the room for the night before because I didn’t want any hassle. There was a guest doing check-in before me and he had a long argument with the FDA about early check-in as Platinum - they wouldn’t give it to him unless he pays for it and he was furious. Don’t remember the price they were quoting him.

So I wouldn’t count on them granting early check-in for free.
GalaxyChris likes this.
Old Aug 6, 2022, 3:55 am

Programs: IHG, Marriot, Emirates
I was there last May. Booked through Amex FHR meaning that I'm entitled to an early check-in through Amex FHR and as a Titanium Bonvoy member IF available. I arrived around 12 PM and guess what, the room was not ready even though I did let them know of my arrival time 3 days before. I didn't want to argue after they tried to upsell a suite before my arrival. I asked for a room number so I can at least put some charges on the room while staying by the pool. There were plenty of rooms/suites available at the time of check-in. I remember checking in around 2-3 PM and luggage took around 40 minutes to arrive after calling reception. The butter service in this hotel is a joke. He basically threw the bags by the door and ran away. Didn't even bother to put that bags where it's supposed to be. I did have dinner at the restaurant where they serve breakfast (forgot the name) which was wonderful in terms of service and food quality. We were able to order a couple of dishes that were not on the menu. The $100 Amex FHR food and beverages credit is equal to 2877 THB ($80) after using their conversion rate.

The only downside of this hotel is the upsell. Will I stay here again? Probably not. There are plenty of hotels nearby that are not too stingy on early check-in and upgrades.
UAuhoh, bizum, GalaxyChris and 1 others like this.

Last edited by Moh20; Aug 6, 2022 at 4:35 am
Old Aug 6, 2022, 4:28 am
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Moh20
I was there last May. Booked through Amex FHR meaning that I'm entitled to an early check-in through Amex FHR and as a Titanium Bonvoy member IF available. I arrived around 12 AM and guess what, the room was not ready even though I did let them know of my arrival time 3 days before. I didn't want to argue after they tried to upsell a suite before my arrival. I asked for a room number so I can at least put some charges on the room while staying by the pool. There were plenty of rooms/suites available at the time of check-in. I remember checking in around 2-3 PM and luggage took around 40 minutes to arrive after calling reception. The butter service in this hotel is a joke. He basically threw the bags by the door and ran away. Didn't even bother to put that bags where it's supposed to be. I did have dinner at the restaurant where they serve breakfast (forgot the name) which was wonderful in terms of service and food quality. We were able to order a couple of dishes that were not on the menu. The $100 Amex FHR food and beverages credit is equal to 2877 THB ($80) after using their conversion rate.

The only downside of this hotel is the upsell. Will I stay here again? Probably not. There are plenty of hotels nearby that are not too stingy on early check-in and upgrades.
Do you mean 12PM?

I'm finding many hotels don't even have the rooms ready at official check in time atm. I won't accept Covid as an excuse when hotels are charging RACK rates.
Old Aug 6, 2022, 4:39 am

Programs: IHG, Marriot, Emirates
Originally Posted by m0hamed
Do you mean 12PM?

I'm finding many hotels don't even have the rooms ready at official check in time atm. I won't accept Covid as an excuse when hotels are charging RACK rates.
Sorry, I meant 12 PM. Honestly almost every hotel that I've been to never had an issue checking me in before the official check-in time.
Old Aug 7, 2022, 11:03 am

Programs: QR Gold / M&M FTL / Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
Do you mean 12PM?

I think Sheraton Grande Sukumvit it's the BKK hotel who is consistent with early check-in time.
They got my business many time for this reason.

I remember a not very nice early check in the Sofitel Sukhumvit long time ago, I ended sleeping in the sofa if the front of the lounge. Last time they saw me there...
EuropeanPete likes this.
Old Aug 7, 2022, 11:38 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by Moh20
The $100 Amex FHR food and beverages credit is equal to 2877 THB ($80) after using their conversion rate.
That's about the worst FHR conversion I've ever heard of.

I once complained at RC Hong Kong about a conversion rate that equated to $94, and they fixed it at check-out.

I never mind paying for quality, but I hate getting deliberately cheated.
Old Aug 14, 2022, 6:25 am

Programs: Aeroplan
I booked FHR with the 100 dollar credit. In the process of booking Igniv at the hotel which I was told you can’t use the hotel credit for this restaurant. Does anyone have the list of restaurant and bar that can use the credit?
Old Aug 14, 2022, 12:13 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
Originally Posted by raycstyle
I booked FHR with the 100 dollar credit. In the process of booking Igniv at the hotel which I was told you can’t use the hotel credit for this restaurant. Does anyone have the list of restaurant and bar that can use the credit?
If I remember correctly it’s neither Igniv nor Zuma which are the two places I would want to eat there.
Old Aug 22, 2022, 9:39 am

Programs: Bonvoy :Ambassador , ALL :Diamond, Skywards :Silver, Krisflyer :Silver
Finished a stay here last week.

SNA to Grand Metropolitan Suite was refused.
Booked base room and got upgraded to base room with golf course view.

Service was good and lucky for me, none of the staff try to upsell the suite upgrades.
Maybe they genuinely dont have suite to upsell that time
Will08 and Moh20 like this.
Old Aug 23, 2022, 12:17 am
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeHyatt 10+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
Is the property 100% operational?

I know it's not the newest hotel but we have had such wonderful stays here. We like to sit by the pool which its far more private than the PH BKK which is beside the main restaurant.

I'm booking a Metro Suite again as we often end up in one of the top three categories.
Old Aug 23, 2022, 6:33 pm

Programs: QR Gold / M&M FTL / Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
Is the property 100% operational?

I know it's not the newest hotel but we have had such wonderful stays here. We like to sit by the pool which its far more private than the PH BKK which is beside the main restaurant.

I'm booking a Metro Suite again as we often end up in one of the top three categories.
Operational yes, but the cost cutting are real, with the current price, no way I will stay here again.

This is the "canape" served in early of May 2022, during the Platinum/Titanium/Ambassador "cocktail time".

Taste as it look like
bizum likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.