Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

St. Regis Bangkok, Thailand [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 12, 2019, 10:50 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: margarita girl
Hotel email address: [email protected]
Concierge: [email protected]
Print Wikipost

St. Regis Bangkok, Thailand [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 5, 2012, 9:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by yosithezet
Why not post your review without pictures here so that we can comment and quote it within the thread?
Sorry, I forgot to include the link to the actual post. The reason I just post a link is because that's the full review with pictures. I think copying just the words and leaving out 50 or so pictures wouldn't be doing the experience justice.
Old Apr 6, 2012, 3:01 am

Originally Posted by lucky9876coins
I stayed at the St. Regis Bangkok a couple of weeks ago and had a great stay. While I only got upgraded to a Grand Deluxe room as a Plat, I thought the room was a good size and also had great views.

I agree regarding some of the service issues stated above, at least in the restaurant. Other than that, I find the hotel itself and the service to be fairly good.

I wrote a full review of my stay with pictures, which can be found here.
Thanks for a great report lucky. In comparison though, I think StR BKK has a fair bit to catch up to truly live the brand it represents. I find StR Singapore to be closer to getting there.
Old Apr 6, 2012, 7:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
Originally Posted by jaejaez
Thanks for a great report lucky. In comparison though, I think StR BKK has a fair bit to catch up to truly live the brand it represents. I find StR Singapore to be closer to getting there.
You've got to be kidding me....!!

The SR Singapore is awful ... in decor, and in service.

Don't get me started on them.
Old Apr 6, 2012, 11:28 pm
Moderator, El Al and Marriott Bonvoy, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: SQ*G, Mar LTT, Hyatt Glb, AA LTG, LY, HH, IC, BA, DL, UA SLV
Originally Posted by LIH Prem

You can comment here or there or in both places. There's nothing wrong with posting a link to an external review. It does add content to FT. Right? There's nothing sinister about it either (and no, I don't think you were implying that.)
Didn't say there was anything sinister. I could comment on it here if it were here. I'm not about to start to cut and paste references from one place to another and on his blog I can't quote lie I can here. Commenting here without the reference provides no context.
Old Apr 7, 2012, 1:36 am

Originally Posted by Guy Betsy

Well we will just have to disagree then. I last stayed at the StR last week and found the overall experience to be quite positive.. certainly much better than my two prev stays.
Old Apr 9, 2012, 1:15 am

When seeing the pictures from lucky9876coins report than I also think that the StR. Singapore is much nicer. I did only stayed there and not at the one in Bangkok but my stay was very pleasant.

The bathroom at the StR. Bangkog looks small and not very luxury, the overall room seems to be also pretty small in comparision to the StR. Singapore.
Old Apr 9, 2012, 1:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by jaejaez
Well we will just have to disagree then. I last stayed at the StR last week and found the overall experience to be quite positive.. certainly much better than my two prev stays.
Originally Posted by charder
When seeing the pictures from lucky9876coins report than I also think that the StR. Singapore is much nicer. I did only stayed there and not at the one in Bangkok but my stay was very pleasant.

The bathroom at the StR. Bangkog looks small and not very luxury, the overall room seems to be also pretty small in comparision to the StR. Singapore.
having stayed at both, i would give the edge to the st. regis singapore....

having said that, the st. regis singapore is definitely not problem free....they just have less issues than what the st. regis bangkok has currently....
Old Apr 9, 2012, 1:47 am

Originally Posted by Keyser
having said that, the st. regis singapore is definitely not problem free....they just have less issues than what the st. regis bangkok has currently....
Yup, this was the point I was trying to convey, albeit much less eloquently than Keyser.
Old Apr 13, 2012, 4:26 am

Programs: SPG Plat, Hyatt Dia, Hilton Gold, AA ExecPlat
Unhappy

Poor service so far. Still waiting to get out room. Told ambassador it's our anniversary a few days ago. Now it's been 38 minutes at 5:23pm and our room is not ready still. I'm having a hard time understanding how the room isn't ready when we were due for a 2pm check in. Used my suite upgrades and got it cOnfirmed for a metro suite.
Old Apr 13, 2012, 4:57 am
Suspended

Programs: CX DM, SQ TPP, QF GO LIFE, OZ*G LIFE, Marriott TIT LIFE, WOH GLOBALIST LIFE, HH DM, BA GO LIFE
Originally Posted by Guy Betsy

I couldn't agree with you more regarding SR Singapore decor and service. I also think SR Bangkok is overrated as well.
Old Apr 13, 2012, 5:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Most
Originally Posted by TheFlyingPapaya
Poor service so far. Still waiting to get out room. Told ambassador it's our anniversary a few days ago. Now it's been 38 minutes at 5:23pm and our room is not ready still. I'm having a hard time understanding how the room isn't ready when we were due for a 2pm check in. Used my suite upgrades and got it cOnfirmed for a metro suite.
Have a drink. Sit down. Maybe some other PLT took advantage of 4PM checkout?
Old Apr 13, 2012, 5:40 am

My wife forgot it was our anniversary this year because she's been busy with our newborn and setting up a new corporation. A hotel staff congratulated her and she got flustered and her face turned red. Anniversary was actually 8 days ago but she didn't say anything so I knew she forgot. Got her a platinum band that goes with her ring she never wears. I feel like the chick in this situation. Isn't the guy suppose to forget because he's busy? The metro room is ok. Carpet smells though. Had to get an air purifier up here.

I didn't expect the hotel staff to remind her. I was going to leave hints and clues for her to realize that she forgot tonight but now those plans are out the door.
Old Apr 13, 2012, 5:47 am

This was the reason I was a little upset about not getting in to our room because it messed with my times table to take her out to the restaurant we first met at in Bangkok.

She doesn't want to go because of our 6 month old and because of Songkran festival. Don't want to get wet.

My wife forgot it was our anniversary this year because she's been busy with our newborn and setting up a new corporation. A hotel staff congratulated her and she got flustered and her face turned red. Anniversary was actually 8 days ago but she didn't say anything so I knew she forgot. Got her a platinum band that goes with her ring she never wears. I feel like the chick in this situation. Isn't the guy suppose to forget because he's busy? The metro room is ok. Carpet smells though. Had to get an air purifier up here.

I didn't expect the hotel staff to remind her. I was going to leave hints and clues for her to realize that she forgot tonight but now those plans are out the door.
Old Apr 13, 2012, 8:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
My wife forgot it was our anniversary ... ... her ring she never wears.
This is beginning to sound like one of my clients. I'm a divorce lawyer. Send me a PM when you're ready.
Old Apr 13, 2012, 8:57 am

Programs: AA EXP/4MM UA 1MM, HY Global, Bon Lft Plat, HH Dia
Two stays at St Regis Bangkok, 1st problematic and 2nd nothing to write home about. The hotel seems to have management and training issues. Sorry to hear that others have been forced to wait late into the afternoon for their rooms. The metro suites with the views into the neighbor high rises was not worth waiting for, nor was it special.

Personally felt that SPG Platinum recognition at SR Bangkok was forced and a bit insincere. Since Bangkok has many other SPG properties that provide a better level of service and amenities, it seems like SR is not worth the effort.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.