Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

W Leicester Square, London, United Kingdom [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

W Leicester Square, London, United Kingdom [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 14, 2015, 1:28 pm

Programs: BA GGL (LTG), Marriott LT Titanium, EK Plat, Amex Cent
Stayed here a few times last year - got pretty good rooms - usually corner suites which were nice. My first few stays were at the back of the hotel away from the bar and entrance and I had a fair bit of street noise at like 1am and 2am, but ear plugs more or less did the trick

On my last stay however they put me in a great room in the corner above the bar on like the 4th or 5th floor. Sadly for me this was over Halloween and they threw a party till like 3am - the noise was sheer hell. I had to set me alarm till approx 10am to get extra sleep and still turned in to work feeling like death.

I doubt I will stay here again, although with the Park Lane refurb and the Lanesborough refurb (now leaving starwood apparently, so won't be coming back) SPG London room are getting scarcer.
Old Jan 14, 2015, 2:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IHG Diamond Amb, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by nimeta
Stayed here a few times last year - got pretty good rooms - usually corner suites which were nice. My first few stays were at the back of the hotel away from the bar and entrance and I had a fair bit of street noise at like 1am and 2am, but ear plugs more or less did the trick

On my last stay however they put me in a great room in the corner above the bar on like the 4th or 5th floor. Sadly for me this was over Halloween and they threw a party till like 3am - the noise was sheer hell. I had to set me alarm till approx 10am to get extra sleep and still turned in to work feeling like death.

I doubt I will stay here again, although with the Park Lane refurb and the Lanesborough refurb (now leaving starwood apparently, so won't be coming back) SPG London room are getting scarcer.
Room positions is everything here. Above the bar isnt too bad, above Wyld is very bad indeed.

This property is VERY close to my office so I will continue to stay here but it is better value for 5 nights redemption than it is for cash.
Old May 20, 2015, 12:22 pm

Programs: SPG-Plat, Hilton-Diamond, Club Carlson-Silver, Cathay-Diamond, Virgin-Gold
PLatinum Breakfast Update

Well had another stay here and still finding the service to be excellent along with the whole vibe, which is maybe not for everyone but is certainly W!

The Plat Breakfast has been enhanced and is an actual enhancement! Along with what was a nice selection and always fresh fruit / salmon etc they now offer some hot options as well, sauasage, bacon, scrambled egg, mushrooms and tomatos! Really is an excellent option and ncie to see a hotel doing more for the Platinum Breakfast rather than just what they can get away with!

The staff I always find are superb in both the hotel and Spice Market, just keep going back!
Old Oct 18, 2015, 8:53 am
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Qatar Airways, Hyatt, Hilton, Marriott, IHG
Hi guys -

Just booked a two-night stay here for late November with my parents in two Wonderful rooms; looking forward to seeing the edgy design at the property. I've heard lots of mixed reviews about guest experiences here, but what perks [if any] can a mere Gold guest expect? Any other property-related feedback would also be appreciated.

Cheers!

khabah
Old Oct 19, 2015, 8:28 pm
Formally known as reinmedia

Programs: AA EXP | EX UA 1K | Marriot Titanium
I wouldn't expect too much. It's my favorite SPG hotel in London and have stayed there 8 times, only once was I upgraded as a Plat. With that said, the hotel itself is great. The lobby bar is quite fun and can get packed on weekends. Cheers!
Old Oct 31, 2015, 6:55 am

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Platinum, Hilton Gold, Marriott Platinum. Aspiring flyer with both feet on the ground.
It would seem there has been somewhat of a 'Hangover' moment at the W.

http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2...w-london-hotel

I hope that the injured person makes a speedy recovery.

Man suffered head injuries when piece of outdoor furniture fell from private rented apartments at W hotel in Leicester Square

A man has suffered serious injuries to his head and face after being struck by a sofa that fell from the roof of a luxury hotel in central London.

The pedestrian, who is in his 20s, was walking past the W hotel on Wardour Street, near Leicester Square, just before 9am on Friday when a metal-framed outdoor sofa fell 130ft to the ground.

Police said the man was taken by air ambulance to Royal London hospital in Whitechapel and was in a critical but stable condition.

A Met police spokesman said: “At this early stage it is believed he was injured by a piece of furniture which fell from scaffolding.”
Old Oct 31, 2015, 11:35 am
DCF

Programs: Etihad Guest
Originally Posted by George Kyriakos
It would seem there has been somewhat of a 'Hangover' moment at the W.

http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2...w-london-hotel

I hope that the injured person makes a speedy recovery.
Unfortunately, it apparently fractured his skull and ripped off his face. Poor bloke.
Old Nov 1, 2015, 4:28 am

Programs: UA: 1K, Hyatt: Explorist and Marriott: LF Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by khabah
Hi guys -

Just booked a two-night stay here for late November with my parents in two Wonderful rooms; looking forward to seeing the edgy design at the property. I've heard lots of mixed reviews about guest experiences here, but what perks [if any] can a mere Gold guest expect? Any other property-related feedback would also be appreciated.

Cheers!

khabah
You will probably be upgraded to a higher room but other then that nothing much except for the option of picking internet, drinks and/or points as your gift.
Old Dec 9, 2015, 9:52 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum (3MM), QF Lifetime Gold, Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum, Ex-Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by UA-NYC
I just did this this past weekend (stayed at the Park Tower, but same line, just 3 stops earlier on the Piccadilly). Having done the HEX/subway transfer on a previous trip (time consuming as noted), you're better off just staying on the Piccadilly the whole way. Will be ~18 stops for you, but it's 50 minutes or so, not awful.
For one person, I generally take the HEX + taxi...for two people, sometimes a car service, although still inclined to take the HEX to Picadilly and hop in a London Cab...probably quickest way to get to London.
Old Dec 10, 2015, 3:41 am

Programs: UA: 1K, Hyatt: Explorist and Marriott: LF Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by nologic
For one person, I generally take the HEX + taxi...for two people, sometimes a car service, although still inclined to take the HEX to Picadilly and hop in a London Cab...probably quickest way to get to London.
Actually, with one person the cost of a HEX (return 35 quid) and a cab (15-20 pending traffic) from Paddington Station to Picadilly/Leciester Square will probably be significant enough to say that just take an Uber from the airport direct (its fixed rate at 37).

It wont be the fastest but it will be more comfortable with marginal increase in cost.
Old Dec 13, 2015, 6:44 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum (3MM), QF Lifetime Gold, Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum, Ex-Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by vanmiggs
Ffree breakfast is cold buffet which gets tiresome for extended stays ( I was there over a week).
Hmm, I was hoping free breakfast would be whatever, whenever...do they allow you to use the cold breakfast as a credit towards a full breakfast.

If so, how does that work?
Old Dec 13, 2015, 7:24 pm

Programs: World of Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Bonvoy LTP; IHG Plat
Hmm, I was hoping free breakfast would be whatever, whenever...do they allow you to use the cold breakfast as a credit towards a full breakfast.

If so, how does that work?
I heard they provided full breakfast already (hot items included). This was mentioned somewhere earlier up thread.
Old Dec 13, 2015, 8:00 pm

Originally Posted by 3rdworldresident
I heard they provided full breakfast already (hot items included). This was mentioned somewhere earlier up thread.
So, which one breakfast policy is currently in effect? The "cold breakfast" was the more recent post.
Old Dec 14, 2015, 12:40 am

Programs: SPG-Plat, Hilton-Diamond, Club Carlson-Silver, Cathay-Diamond, Virgin-Gold
So, which one breakfast policy is currently in effect? The "cold breakfast" was the more recent post.
They have a buffet breakfast that includes certain hot items which are bacon, sausage, scrambled edd, mushrooms and tomatos.

It is a pretty reasonable offering for a Platinum breakfast.
Old Dec 14, 2015, 9:47 am

Originally Posted by UKTraveller4Fun
They have a buffet breakfast that includes certain hot items which are bacon, sausage, scrambled edd, mushrooms and tomatos.

It is a pretty reasonable offering for a Platinum breakfast.
Doesn't thrill me...do they give you an allowance towards menu items off the menu or room service?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.