Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

The Portman Ritz-Carlton, Shanghai [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Portman Ritz-Carlton, Shanghai [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 24, 2019, 8:43 pm
Suspended

Programs: Many
Originally Posted by lost_in_translation
Harsh! It's definitely the worst RC I've stayed at in Asia
I have stayed at (I think) 32 RC properties worldwide. Without a DOUBT, the three worst I have experienced are the Portman Shanghai, RC Bahrain and RC Abu Dhabi. Disgusting properties I wouldn't return to for free, all of them.
Old Nov 24, 2019, 11:23 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
A good location in Shanghai greatly depends on what you are doing, and where. If the offices sre in Pudong, why not stay in Pudong? Our offices are in Pudong and XTD, a Pudong location makes zero sense for the latter but is great for the former.
I lived in Pudong during ~2001. None of my friends ever wanted to visit me there.
Old Nov 30, 2019, 5:01 pm

Man, y’all are harsh. I just skimmed the reviews cause I hate going in with negative expectations. I am staying here, Mrs. Returnoftheyetis work is paying for it. Other than that, who cares?

One real question I would love answered; do the rooms have USB charging outlets? If this is a yes, its going to save me from having to pack a bunch of adapters and chargers.
Old Nov 30, 2019, 8:47 pm

Originally Posted by returnoftheyeti
Man, y’all are harsh. I just skimmed the reviews cause I hate going in with negative expectations. I am staying here, Mrs. Returnoftheyetis work is paying for it. Other than that, who cares?

One real question I would love answered; do the rooms have USB charging outlets? If this is a yes, its going to save me from having to pack a bunch of adapters and chargers.
I can't answer your question because I haven't actually stayed there in about 3 years, but those little USB mouth things cost less than a dollar. US style is fine.
Old Dec 7, 2019, 5:01 pm

Old Dec 8, 2019, 10:43 am

Originally Posted by GetSetJetSet
This is my pick for worst RC property in the world
Agree. Wholeheartedly.
Old Dec 8, 2019, 11:45 am

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by carrotjuice
Agree. Wholeheartedly.
Come on now, worse than all the US Ritz-Carltons? Let’s be serious

Worst in Asia, quite possibly.
Old Dec 8, 2019, 7:58 pm
Suspended

Programs: Many
Originally Posted by lost_in_translation
Come on now, worse than all the US Ritz-Carltons? Let’s be serious

Worst in Asia, quite possibly.
It's is worse than every U.S. RC I have stayed at. I think I have stayed at 14 US RC properties.
Old Dec 9, 2019, 4:11 am

Originally Posted by GetSetJetSet
It's is worse than every U.S. RC I have stayed at. I think I have stayed at 14 US RC properties.
I’d say its the same as Ritz-Carlton, Lake Tahoe.

Its weird that the floor is “lumpyand the carpet is stained.

The service is spot on though, and its the fastest room service I have ever seen.
Old Mar 9, 2024, 3:55 am

Any recent experiences for this one ? I am likely to stay here at the end of this month.
Old Mar 9, 2024, 8:26 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Singapore_Air
Any recent experiences for this one ? I am likely to stay here at the end of this month.
Haven't stayed recently but ate there last week. It's still a below par Ritz design wise (renovations ok but place is so old). Service is excellent, food excellent.

location is good but I don't like that part of the city because of the traffic and difficulty getting taxis and to the subway. Parking is shockingly expensive so I take taxis there because the subway is too far away.
​​​
Singapore_Air likes this.
Old Mar 9, 2024, 10:42 pm

Originally Posted by SHLTP
location is good but I don't like that part of the city because of the traffic and difficulty getting taxis and to the subway. Parking is shockingly expensive so I take taxis there because the subway is too far away.
​​​
I challenge you to name any other Marriott property in sh with a better location, and ja temple station is only a (pleasant) ten minute walk from there.

​​​​​
Old Mar 11, 2024, 2:16 am

Programs: Bonvoy LifetimeTitanium, UA Plat 2MM, LHW LeadersClub, IHGPlat, HiltonDiamnd, ASMVPG100K, WyndDiamnd
I was there last year in a Club Level room (Ritz-Carlton card certificate) and was treated extremely well by everyone. Did not get a suite. The room was nice, but not extremely luxurious. Location is very convenient for great shopping. Very good rates. Would gladly stay there again.
moondog, Singapore_Air and GenZ like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.