Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Waikoloa Beach Marriott (Kona, Hawaii) [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 10, 2015, 1:11 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Westcoaster
Hotel website: Waikoloa Beach Marriott (Kona, Hawaii)

Daily resort fee of USD 30 in addition to room rate includes self-parking, cultural activities, beach rentals and more. NOTE: Effective September 14, 2017 they no longer include self-parking in with resort fee benefits. Parking is charged separately.
Print Wikipost

Waikoloa Beach Marriott (Kona, Hawaii) [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 2, 2011, 2:08 pm

Programs: Marriott lifetime Titanium, Delta Platinum
Originally Posted by Recreation
Internet was supposed to be included, but they bundled parking and internet access together.
If the internet was explicitly included in your rate (I notice you're silver, so I assume it's not an elite perk), and you are being charged a mandatory fee for internet and parking, I would certainly talk to a manager about unbundling the charge. It sounds patently unfair.
Old Aug 14, 2011, 9:27 pm

Programs: Alaska 75K United 1K
Waikoloa Kona extra person

For some reason the silver line cant answer this? strange

If using points to book a room for 3 people the reservation on my account says 45 dollars for extra person but email to me doesnt indicate this

Do they really charge for the extra person on a reward?

Thanks!
Old Aug 14, 2011, 9:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Is your third an adult or child? We were not charged extra for 2A, 2C in a double/double room on an award.
Old Aug 14, 2011, 9:40 pm

3 Adults
Old Aug 15, 2011, 12:51 pm

seems they charge for 3rd and 4th adults on a paid reservation
why would they charge for a free night?
Old Jun 20, 2012, 6:10 pm

Programs: DL DM / 2MM - Marriott Ambassador
Anyone stayed here in the last 18 months?
Old Aug 10, 2012, 12:00 am

Waikoloa Beach Marriott Resort & Spa - Big Island

We're taking our first trip to the big island (Hawaii) and were wondering about this property. In addition to general comments, does anyone know if they have a lounge with breakfast/drinks for gold member access? How's the beach (and access to the beach)? Thanks.
Old Aug 10, 2012, 12:45 am
Suspended

Programs: Marriott - P; HH - G; Hyatt - P; Avis - LT First
might help if you first check Sharon's sticky as she goes to an awful lot of time keeping it updated
that being said:Waikoloa-Hawaii / Marriott Resort & Spa / NO LOUNGE
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marri...-weekends.html

as to your question on breakfast, again, first read the rules and you'd know LONG ago that as a resort gold, or plat, do NOT get breakfast...Waikoloa Marriott Resort & Spa
If your hotel doesn’t have a Concierge/Executive/Club Lounge, we invite you to enjoy complimentary continental breakfast on your weekday stays. Outside the U.S. and Canada, you are entitled to continental breakfast 7 days a week. (Not available at resort locations.) Learn more
https://www.marriott.com/rewards/mem...nefits/gold.mi

and, last but not least, your NEW thread belongs in the old thread
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marri...rt-review.html

Originally Posted by bofc
We're taking our first trip to the big island (Hawaii) and were wondering about this property. In addition to general comments, does anyone know if they have a lounge with breakfast/drinks for gold member access? How's the beach (and access to the beach)? Thanks.
Old Aug 10, 2012, 10:58 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
bofc...

There's no lounge at the property & resorts are not required to provide brekkie (although some do). Hawaii resorts don't normally. The link to the other thread does provide some info re: the property but the last update was 2 years ago, so some things might have changed. If you could provide a 'trip report' after your stay, it would be greatly appreciated by your fellow FTers.

Cheers.
Old Aug 13, 2012, 11:58 am

BKKLEE: Thanks for that "tough love" feedback. We're a better world with you scolding FT readers! Since the last input was in 2010 I didn't think it would be bad to ask for more current info.

Actually, I DID read the rules - but the quote you used is not explicit as to whether it's saying that "outside the US" the loophole re: resorts not providing breakfast applies or whether it's a "catch all" to everything they'd said in the paragraph up to that point.
Thanks for the info - but please lighten up on the tone.
Old Aug 13, 2012, 2:08 pm

I haven't been here in a number of years but doubtful that anything has changed...there is no lounge and as Plat I did not get any free breakfast or recognition of status. As I recall, there is really only one restaurant at this hotel (though several are across the street at the Kings Shops-including Roy's- and perhaps now at the newer Queens Marketplace center).

The hotel is located a bit off the beach, meaning that you have to walk past the pools, a small creek and some petroglyphs to get there. It is a pretty stroll and the beach itself is nice, though I recall the water being a bit rocky. There is snorkeling (we saw large sea turtles from the shore) and some windsurfing/boat type activities.

Not sure if this hotel still charges a resort fee. The fee used to include a few mai-tais but I believe it has changed.

I have said it previously and will say it again: this could be a real gem of a resort for Marriott but it seems to be the 'lost child'. Location is perfect and Hilton has made a roaring success with their mega resort right next door. Marriott could keep this low key but improve some things in the way of customer service and facilities that would make it a prime destination for many. Why they have neglected to do so is beyond me. Having said that, I would definitely return because this is a beautiful, unique island and I am not high maintenance but Marriott can and should up their game here.

Have a great time. You will love the Big Island And, I found this link for you to local shops which might help (Kings Shops and Queens Marketplace are within walking distance of the Marriott).

www.waikoloabeachresort.com
Old Aug 13, 2012, 5:56 pm

SUPER information. Thank you Flyerwife.
Old Aug 26, 2012, 6:37 am

Programs: AA Gold, Marriott Platinum
Marriott Waikoloa Labor Day 2012

Am traveling to the Big Island this Thursday for a point stay at this resort.

Please tell me things have improved here since this thread was started.

Platinum status, for what it's worth.

Thanks.
Old Aug 26, 2012, 6:48 am

Sad about the no food part. Things close early on the big island. But no room service? Ugh. Id be super cranky without food.
The king/queen shop might have been open.

try to enjoy the outdoors and not let the hotel stain your stay!
Old Aug 27, 2012, 8:37 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by Phoenixian
Am traveling to the Big Island this Thursday for a point stay at this resort.

Please tell me things have improved here since this thread was started.

Platinum status, for what it's worth.

Thanks.
Please do a 'trip report' after your stay. Your fellow FTers would appreciate it.

Cheers.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.