Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

[GONE] Sheraton Seoul D Cube City Hotel, Seoul, South Korea [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[GONE] Sheraton Seoul D Cube City Hotel, Seoul, South Korea [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 9, 2016, 2:45 am

Originally Posted by singtx
We typically take the city bus to ICN and back home. They're large seats, clean, fast, and always on time. With the dedicated bus lanes...traffic isn't a problem.

Bags will be placed by an employee under the bus based on destination, and taken out for you at the hotel.

We're here if you need to ask any questions or want to know about the area (Seoul and the D cube area).

Thank you so much!

Would you consider a large cab for 3 adults 2 kids with 5 x cabin bags? That was suggested to me as well since the bus is 15000 x 5 vs 60-70000 for a cab.

Also, is there a big LINE store anywhere near D-Cube
Old Mar 9, 2016, 6:23 am

Programs: Delta,SPG, Hyatt
Originally Posted by travelswithmyself
Thank you so much!

Would you consider a large cab for 3 adults 2 kids with 5 x cabin bags? That was suggested to me as well since the bus is 15000 x 5 vs 60-70000 for a cab.

I have no idea on the cab or price...sorry.

The newest and biggest LINE friends (I assume) store is in Itaweon by Yongsan Army Base. Though Line friends products are sold in the Dcube mall. Thunder Brown!

Another great place to eat (street food), shop and has a Line Friends store is Myeongdong...

Not sure how old your kids are but there is a Pororo Land in the same building. Don't forget to eat at the basement of the mall...the amount of food they have down there...it will blow your mind.

Last edited by singtx; Mar 9, 2016 at 6:46 am
Old Mar 9, 2016, 6:40 am

Programs: SPG(LTG), QANTAS gold, Korean, Accor Plat
Can I get advice about transportation from ICN to the hotel and back?

1. Limo Bus - point to point, takes about 1H15M depending on traffic. I arr at 1545H on a weekday so after customs etc presume I will hit rush-hour traffic.

2. Subway - Airport Express to Hongkik and then a transfer. Takes about 45M. Typical subway seating - facing the centre. No designated space for bags.

3. Airport Express non-stop to Seoul Station then find way back to Hongkik etc. Nice proper airport train seats and space. But a brief look at the maps shows it takes a lot of time to do that.

Any advice? Going to be dragging medium-sized bags.
I have taken the bus at a similar time and did not find the traffic particularly worrisome. I also traveled with 5. We took the bus to D cube then for getting around Seoul mainly used the subway.

An alternative is one person takes the bus with the baggage and the rest take train to Seoul station then transfer line to D cube. Sure to be cheaper, not sure that it is enough to be worthwhile but would get you familiar with the rail network. The bus terminates at D cube so its not problem to get the porter to take the luggage to reception.

I do like the lounge there They comped 2 of the children to get lounge privileges and I paid for the third which wasnt a particularly large amount.
Old Mar 9, 2016, 9:08 am

Programs: AC-E, SPG-Plat, GP-P, HH-G

1. Limo Bus - point to point, takes about 1H15M depending on traffic. I arr at 1545H on a weekday so after customs etc presume I will hit rush-hour traffic.

2. Subway - Airport Express to Hongkik and then a transfer. Takes about 45M. Typical subway seating - facing the centre. No designated space for bags.

3. Airport Express non-stop to Seoul Station then find way back to Hongkik etc. Nice proper airport train seats and space. But a brief look at the maps shows it takes a lot of time to do that.

Old Mar 9, 2016, 8:40 pm

Programs: JL GC | Marriott LT Silver | Global Entry | SQ Silver
?
Old Mar 10, 2016, 4:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Limo bus would be the best from ICN to Sindorim, D-cube and back. Lugging bags through Seoul subways stations sucks. The express train only leaves from Seoul station.
Old Mar 10, 2016, 11:58 am

Programs: AC-E, SPG-Plat, GP-P, HH-G
My recommendation

Thank you so much!

Take a taxi. Though the airport limo bus may have reduced rates (or even free) for certain aged children.

Just make sure you go and catch a cab from the official taxi stands at the airport. They have airport taxi vans called Jumbo taxis. Both regular and deluxe. The deluxe are all black while the regulars are blue/gray.

The last time I took a deluxe Jumbo taxi from the airport to Seoul, it was to the Coex (at the other end of Seoul far rom the d-cube) and it was about 100,000KRW (I think).Your fare will be a fair but less.
Old Mar 10, 2016, 12:25 pm

Programs: AC MM E50 , Former SPG, now Marriott LT Plat
I would take the bus over the taxi, even with 5 ( unless you just missed a departure and had a long wait for the next bus). More spread room. no worry about fitting luggage and carry-ons. One other problem, I have run into several cab drivers
who did not know where D-Cubed was, and have driven in circles, and on long detours.
In this age of GPS and Instant Interpreter, it still happens.

Also, if you do take a cab, have the address printed out in Korean to hand the driver.
Old May 26, 2017, 3:41 pm

I have stayed at this property often since it opened, and have found that it has gone from
a "well-above the pack" property to a " solid choice, but nothing special" recently.

However, on a current stay, I have just run into an issue not encountered before
that may stop me returning at all.

I am in a corner room "..03". The bathroom, with floor to ceiling windows, has shades to
block sun glare, but not sunlight. You know, like sheer curtains. The bathroom door is
glass - opaque, but glass.

As a result, my room is flooded with light at 5:45 AM, waking me up. I am not sure why
I have never noticed this before - not sure if it is a function of season, or room location,
or something else. And I am certain that I have been in an ..03 before.

Anyway, when added to the decline in suite upgrades (Although I don't keep detailed records I am sure that my first 10 stays here were all suite upgrades, while my last 10
were not) and reduced lounge hours ( no more brekkie), I may have to find a new
home in Seoul.
Old May 26, 2017, 11:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by IluvSQ
I have stayed at this property often since it opened, and have found that it has gone from
a "well-above the pack" property to a " solid choice, but nothing special" recently.

However, on a current stay, I have just run into an issue not encountered before
that may stop me returning at all.

I am in a corner room "..03". The bathroom, with floor to ceiling windows, has shades to
block sun glare, but not sunlight. You know, like sheer curtains. The bathroom door is
glass - opaque, but glass.

As a result, my room is flooded with light at 5:45 AM, waking me up. I am not sure why
I have never noticed this before - not sure if it is a function of season, or room location,
or something else. And I am certain that I have been in an ..03 before.

Anyway, when added to the decline in suite upgrades (Although I don't keep detailed records I am sure that my first 10 stays here were all suite upgrades, while my last 10
were not) and reduced lounge hours ( no more brekkie), I may have to find a new
home in Seoul.
If you don't need to be in Western Seoul then how about the Westin Chosun? or even Four Points Namsan. it's on the low end but decent enough for a 1-2 stay and even better if your rate includes breakfast buffet.
Old May 26, 2017, 11:31 pm

Originally Posted by Aventine
If you don't need to be in Western Seoul then how about the Westin Chosun? or even Four Points Namsan. it's on the low end but decent enough for a 1-2 stay and even better if your rate includes breakfast buffet.
I always like the Chosun, but it's rates are usually about 100,000 KRW higher
than the D-Cubed. Walker Hill usually was the cheapest of the 5 stars, but
now it is gone.
Old May 26, 2017, 11:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by IluvSQ
I always like the Chosun, but it's rates are usually about 100,000 KRW higher
than the D-Cubed. Walker Hill usually was the cheapest of the 5 stars, but
now it is gone.
They're building a new Le Meridien in Shinchon for 2020 but yeah D-cube used to have great value.
Old Apr 27, 2019, 6:44 am

My partner and I (LT Gold only) stayed here last week and were pleasantly surprised. We stayed on points and were (upon asking via email beforehand) offered an upsell to an executive suite for 190 000 KWO per night. We thought that was fair, and upon check in we were furthered upgraded to a honeymoon suite.

We loved the suite, and particularly that it was so remarkably quiet. I can't remember the last time we were surrounded by so much city noise and traffic without hearing ANYTHING inside our room. We also received a bottle of red wine, which we thought was a nice gesture.

We thought the location was pretty handy for a first time visit to Seoul (all though not in a touristy location) as the hotel is on top of a metro station and a mall, and we enjoyed the lounge access that came with the suite. Lounge offerings in the evening were above average, and the views spectacular. Lounge was staffed almost all day and offered assistance with our questions about Seoul etc.

We would happily stay here again due to it being so quiet and relaxing.
Old Jun 10, 2019, 10:04 am

Programs: Hilton Honors, Marriott Bonvoy, Accor, Hyatt, (Former IHG Ambassador)
Any recent stays here ?
How is their club lounge ?
Old Jun 12, 2019, 7:51 pm

Programs: HH Dia;SPG Plat;Marriott Plat;GHA Black
Just finished a 5 day stay on points last week.
It was Korea's public holiday on my 1st day so the hotel was full and was 'only' upgraded to a club twin room from a normal twin room initially.
The room it self is quite spacious for a Seoul hotel and have both bathtub and shower area.
On our 3rd night I was moved to the executive suite which was twice the size of the club room.

The breakfast was offered in Feast restaurant since I was traveling with a 5 y/o and the lounge only allowed 13 y/o and above.
It was good but was mostly the same offering for all the 5 days we were there. There is a bunch of restaurant in the mall connected to the hotel and in the shopping complex across the street.

The hotel location it self is actually quite far away from most tourist places. Even with the train station just next to it, it will take up to 1 hour to go to most place of interest.
Which in the end cause us to totally misses the happy hour for all 5 days since it doesn't make sense to go back to the hotel at those hour (5:00 - 7.30) and then get stuck in the area for the rest of the night.

if you plan to spend most of your day north of the river, this hotel may not be the best place location wise.
But the staff services make up for it, especially the executive lounge staff.
est-gratuite likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.