FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [GONE] Sheraton Seoul D Cube City Hotel, Seoul, South Korea [Master Thread]
Old May 26, 2017, 11:25 pm
Aventine
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by IluvSQ
I have stayed at this property often since it opened, and have found that it has gone from
a "well-above the pack" property to a " solid choice, but nothing special" recently.

However, on a current stay, I have just run into an issue not encountered before
that may stop me returning at all.

I am in a corner room "..03". The bathroom, with floor to ceiling windows, has shades to
block sun glare, but not sunlight. You know, like sheer curtains. The bathroom door is
glass - opaque, but glass.

As a result, my room is flooded with light at 5:45 AM, waking me up. I am not sure why
I have never noticed this before - not sure if it is a function of season, or room location,
or something else. And I am certain that I have been in an ..03 before.

Anyway, when added to the decline in suite upgrades (Although I don't keep detailed records I am sure that my first 10 stays here were all suite upgrades, while my last 10
were not) and reduced lounge hours ( no more brekkie), I may have to find a new
home in Seoul.
If you don't need to be in Western Seoul then how about the Westin Chosun? or even Four Points Namsan. it's on the low end but decent enough for a 1-2 stay and even better if your rate includes breakfast buffet.