FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [GONE] Sheraton Seoul D Cube City Hotel, Seoul, South Korea [Master Thread]
Old Mar 9, 2016, 6:40 am
geminidreams

Programs: SPG(LTG), QANTAS gold, Korean, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by travelswithmyself
Can I get advice about transportation from ICN to the hotel and back?

1. Limo Bus - point to point, takes about 1H15M depending on traffic. I arr at 1545H on a weekday so after customs etc presume I will hit rush-hour traffic.

2. Subway - Airport Express to Hongkik and then a transfer. Takes about 45M. Typical subway seating - facing the centre. No designated space for bags.

3. Airport Express non-stop to Seoul Station then find way back to Hongkik etc. Nice proper airport train seats and space. But a brief look at the maps shows it takes a lot of time to do that.

Any advice? Going to be dragging medium-sized bags.
I have taken the bus at a similar time and did not find the traffic particularly worrisome. I also traveled with 5. We took the bus to D cube then for getting around Seoul mainly used the subway.

An alternative is one person takes the bus with the baggage and the rest take train to Seoul station then transfer line to D cube. Sure to be cheaper, not sure that it is enough to be worthwhile but would get you familiar with the rail network. The bus terminates at D cube so its not problem to get the porter to take the luggage to reception.

I do like the lounge there They comped 2 of the children to get lounge privileges and I paid for the third which wasnt a particularly large amount.