Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

[CLOSED] Sheraton Fuschlsee-Salzburg, Hotel Jagdhof, Austria [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[CLOSED] Sheraton Fuschlsee-Salzburg, Hotel Jagdhof, Austria [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 24, 2021, 2:57 am

Programs: Hilton Honors
Originally Posted by Felixberlin
I was searching for Salzburg rooms earlier this week and did not find availability in any of the 4 starwood properties. Given that Austria only permits travel for non-touristic reasons currently, I think it is safe to assume they have shut down and closed all reservations (unintendedly?) for the time being.
Strange. At the moment I am seeing availability and bookability in all 3 of the other Salzburg properties but the Jagdhof still just says "sold out" on any date. Maybe their property managers are following, or interpreting, the tourism rules a little more draconian-like?
Old Jan 24, 2021, 9:48 am

Programs: DL 2 MM Unobtainum | UA 1.1MM Gold | MR Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by IDM79
Strange. At the moment I am seeing availability and bookability in all 3 of the other Salzburg properties but the Jagdhof still just says "sold out" on any date. Maybe their property managers are following, or interpreting, the tourism rules a little more draconian-like?
Originally Posted by Felixberlin
I was searching for Salzburg rooms earlier this week and did not find availability in any of the 4 starwood properties. Given that Austria only permits travel for non-touristic reasons currently, I think it is safe to assume they have shut down and closed all reservations (unintendedly?) for the time being.
I was trying to book a room for the Jagdhof but it shows the hotel is sold out at least through the rest of the year. Didn't matter whether I tried cash or points or 1 or 2 or several nights, it shows nothing available as far as the eye can see. Is this just my browser glitching or are they doing some maintenance on their booking site or are they really completely booked out for the next year? Thanks for any help.
The Jagdhof is one of my favourite properties in Austria (and all of Europe if we're being honest). When I stayed there in 2019, the service was top notch and they proactively upgraded me and my Titanium friend to luxurious suites with lovely views of the park. I look forward to returning one day when the world is less topsy turvsy.
margarita girl likes this.
Old Jan 24, 2021, 11:17 am

Because it will close as a hotel due to the impact of Covid.
https://www.sn.at/salzburg/wirtschaf...hlsee-94165171
TravisMT81 likes this.
Old Jan 24, 2021, 12:42 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond, BA Gold, Bonvoy Ambassador, HH Gold
That is a shame - it's a very nice hotel and I had a great stay there back in September.
Old Jan 24, 2021, 5:55 pm

Originally Posted by thomasito
Because it will close as a hotel due to the impact of Covid.
https://www.sn.at/salzburg/wirtschaf...hlsee-94165171
Ah, mystery solved. But you'd think they could ramp things up when the conditions get better, which they eventually will. Thanks for the info.
Old Jul 29, 2021, 7:26 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott LTP, Hilton Gold, ITA Elite+, Cathay S, Singapore S, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Just had contact with them over facebook, and most of the staff did move to the Schloss down the hill. It does seem like its a permanent closure, which is a real shame.
I would think as well that they would open again in a year or two after this is all behind us? But only time will tell.
Old Oct 27, 2021, 12:38 am

Originally Posted by thomas199023
Just had contact with them over facebook, and most of the staff did move to the Schloss down the hill. It does seem like its a permanent closure, which is a real shame.
I would think as well that they would open again in a year or two after this is all behind us? But only time will tell.
You would think they would open back up again. One of the best Cat 4 properties anywhere considering location and quality of property it surely could still draw all the travelers it could hold. Just wondering since it's been closed for awhile now why they haven't removed the property from the Marriott website. Hoping that's a sign it might come back on line, otherwise why would they leave it there just to annoy people. How hard could it be to delete the pages? (Not hard.)
thomas199023 likes this.
Old Jul 19, 2022, 10:42 am

Programs: Marriott LTP, Hilton Gold, ITA Elite+, Cathay S, Singapore S, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Saw a post on the Schloss Fuschl Facebook page about the former Sheraton. Looks like it’s still fully furnished.

I commented on the post, and their reply seems promising. 🤞🤞🤞

dcmike likes this.
Old Sep 21, 2022, 11:52 am

No Sheraton anymore, but it is re-opening.

https://www.arabella-jagdhof.com/

The new Arabella Jagdhof Resort at Lake Fuschl - from 28th November 2022

Arriving and feeling comfortable in an instant – the new hotel makes it possible. With the fascinating mountain panorama of Salzburg and the crystal-blue Lake Fuschl almost right on the doorstep, every moment is unique.

From sporting activities in the heart of nature to relaxing hours in the extensive wellness and spa area to culinary highlights with traditional delicacies: at the Jagdhof everyone – from young to old – finds joy and happiness in their holidays.

Looking forward to the Advent season – the time when the Arabella Jagdhof Resort am Fuschlsee opens its doors for you!
James Luckard likes this.
Old Sep 22, 2022, 2:11 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Will it be affiliated with Bonvoy when it re-opens?
Old Sep 22, 2022, 3:58 am

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Will it be affiliated with Bonvoy when it re-opens?
No. Will go independent. And Schloss Fuschl, same owner, will transform to Rosewood and re-open in December 2023.
Old Sep 22, 2022, 3:12 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond, BA Gold, Bonvoy Ambassador, HH Gold
No. Will go independent. And Schloss Fuschl, same owner, will transform to Rosewood and re-open in December 2023.
That's too bad - the two properties were great additions to the Marriott family.
Old Nov 13, 2023, 3:55 am

Jagdhof is re-joining Marriott as a Tribute Portfolio:
https://www.marriott.com/de/hotels/s...lsee/overview/
dcmike and thomas199023 like this.
Old Nov 13, 2023, 5:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Jagdhof is re-joining Marriott as a Tribute Portfolio:
https://www.marriott.com/de/hotels/s...lsee/overview/
Great news! Sad that Schloss Fuschl is gone.
thomas199023 likes this.
Old Mar 18, 2024, 9:55 am

IT's now back open and part of Tribute collection :-). I definitely need to plan a stay here sometime this spring/summer for nostalgic reasons mostly.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.