Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

[CLOSED] Sheraton Fuschlsee-Salzburg, Hotel Jagdhof, Austria [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[CLOSED] Sheraton Fuschlsee-Salzburg, Hotel Jagdhof, Austria [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 29, 2011, 11:07 pm
Original Poster

Programs: EX²-*wood platinum, EX-hyatt diamond, sixt platinum, hilton silver, leaders club, esselunga verde...
Instant Awards

Schloß Fuschl Torte small: 1500 points
Schloß Fuschl Torte big: 3000 points
Cocktail in the lobby bar: 1500 points
Breakfast per person: 2250 points
3 courses menu in the Jagdhofstub'n: 3000 points
Jagdhof Wellnessmassage ( 45 min ): 6000 points
Jagdhof Wellnessmassage ( 25 min ): 4500 points
Bottle of red wine ( Kreos ): 5250 points
Bottle of white wine ( Weingut Skringer ) 3750 points
Limousinentransfer Salzburg Airport: 8250 points
Limousinentransfer Salzburg centre: 6750 points
Old Jan 21, 2013, 6:21 am

Any recent stay here as PLT?

Any recent stay here as PLT?

Thanks.
Old Jan 21, 2013, 12:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, IHG and Hilton Diamond, LH SEN, BA Gold
We had a wonderful stay at this property in early January. We had made arrangements for a two bedroom suite on points pls some extra money, which was excellent value and gave us plenty of space for us and the little ones. The team at this hotel was ever so caring and nice, really wonderful. Restaurants had great offerings for families with kids. SPG Platinum amenity breakfast was again more than good value for money. This hotel was certainly one of the highlights in my more than 50 Starwood stays in the last 12 months.
Old Jan 21, 2013, 1:25 pm
Original Poster

Programs: EX²-*wood platinum, EX-hyatt diamond, sixt platinum, hilton silver, leaders club, esselunga verde...
Originally Posted by Flying Lawyer
We had a wonderful stay at this property in early January. We had made arrangements for a two bedroom suite on points pls some extra money, which was excellent value and gave us plenty of space for us and the little ones. The team at this hotel was ever so caring and nice, really wonderful. Restaurants had great offerings for families with kids. SPG Platinum amenity breakfast was again more than good value for money. This hotel was certainly one of the highlights in my more than 50 Starwood stays in the last 12 months.
Congrats! I like this suite too. The balcony, the huge living room and the big bathroom are very nice. ^^^
Old May 13, 2013, 6:22 am

Any recent reports here?

Thanks.
Old Oct 7, 2013, 2:06 pm

Programs: British Air silver, Starwood Platimum, Amex Platinum
October

Staying with family. Plt upgrade to 2 bedroom suite. Great deal. Very, very quiet this time of year. The kids love the pool.
Old Nov 21, 2013, 1:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
will be in salzburg for work in a few months & was thinking of spending a few days here before heading back....what's the best way to get to this property????should we just take a taxi or would it be a good idea to rent a car????
Old Nov 21, 2013, 4:56 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott LTP, Hilton Gold, ITA Elite+, Cathay S, Singapore S, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by Keyser
will be in salzburg for work in a few months & was thinking of spending a few days here before heading back....what's the best way to get to this property????should we just take a taxi or would it be a good idea to rent a car????
I think it would be your best bet to get a car as its pretty far out from Salzburg. About 30 minutes if I remember correctly. Also it would be necessary to have a car to explore the neighboring towns, or to even do some shopping. Parking at the property is free anyway.

Its a lovely property and we have been going here for Christmas for the last 4 years. Will be driving over on Christmas eve again this year!
Old Nov 21, 2013, 5:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by thomas199023
I think it would be your best bet to get a car as its pretty far out from Salzburg. About 30 minutes if I remember correctly. Also it would be necessary to have a car to explore the neighboring towns, or to even do some shopping. Parking at the property is free anyway.

Its a lovely property and we have been going here for Christmas for the last 4 years. Will be driving over on Christmas eve again this year!
fair enough....what neighboring towns should we visit????
Old Nov 21, 2013, 5:52 am

Programs: Marriott LTP, Hilton Gold, ITA Elite+, Cathay S, Singapore S, Hertz PC, Avis PC
St Wolfgang and St Gilgen are very pretty. Around December be sure to visit one of the Christmas Markets http://advent.wolfgangsee.at/advent/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ZRqSvZdR58#t=179
Old Nov 21, 2013, 7:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by thomas199023
St Wolfgang and St Gilgen are very pretty. Around December be sure to visit one of the Christmas Markets http://advent.wolfgangsee.at/advent/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ZRqSvZdR58#t=179
thanks....we should be there in feb or march next year....
Old Jun 11, 2015, 9:30 am

Programs: HHonors Dia, PC Plat, DL PM, SPG Gold
Any new trip reports or reviews? We plan to be there during July and can update after that.
Old Nov 29, 2016, 8:36 am

Any updates here? Will be here for Christmas again, have not been in several years.

It seems like some of the rooms are newly renovated. And the new restaurant will be open just before Christmas.
Old Nov 29, 2016, 2:04 pm

Programs: DYKWIA, But I'm a "Diamond Guest" UA 1K/2MM
If you're lucky, the lake will be frozen, like this:

http://postcardparadise.blogspot.com...schl-lake.html
Old Jan 27, 2017, 10:43 am

Programs: Bonvoy Platinum
Stayed here last few days of 2016. Booked 3 rooms on points. Upon arrival I was told two rooms were upgraded, but I didn't notice what about them was upgraded as they were merely few inches larger but also had a slanted ceiling, so not sure. The two "upgraded" rooms had horrible heating and it took hours for a technician to get the heat to work properly. Given it was during a snowstorm it was pretty uncomfortable in there. Received a fruit platter as apology.

In one of the rooms the TV didn't work at all and it took several hours to get a technician and about half hour of technician being in the room with my family to fix it.

In the sauna (the entire sauna area, not the actual steam room) there were combined men and women naked (all while children were also present). I was told that is acceptable. No towels, was told wouldn't be getting any more that night.

Didn't receive my "make a green choice point" or platinum gift points. Took a month and getting William involved to get a canned response with no resolution or apology for that matter.

Stayed here many times before with no issues, but they had a change in management and I will not be going back.

The nudity is really what I question, as the rest are technical issues that shouldn't be happening, but seeing peoples private parts all while kids are running around doesn't seem like the SPG way.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.