Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

MASTER THREAD: Domestic & International Executive Lounges Open/Closed on Weekends

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 15, 2016, 7:50 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: itsaboutthejourney
Post #1 of this sticky has the current updates for exec lounge & breakfast for JW Marriott, Renaissance, Autograph Collection, Marriott, and Delta hotels worldwide. It also includes Courtyards in Asia. Please refer to post #1 for information.
Print Wikipost

MASTER THREAD: Domestic & International Executive Lounges Open/Closed on Weekends

Search this Thread

Old May 27, 2013, 5:49 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, UA Silver, Hertz 5*
Goa (India) Marriott Resort

Totally forgot to report this one back in March 2013 - probably one of the best treatment I have ever received as a PP. I received all the benefits.

Stayed there for one night on my Visa Cat 1-5 stay. There is a (sort of) lounge near the lobby. Tea, coffee, soda and juice is served throughout the day. Evening 6-9 they had free booze (wine, beer and hard liquor, selected brands only). Morning breakfast was in the restaurant downstairs with a full buffet and was really good with a huge spread.

Unrelated to the lounge - I was upgraded to a large suite as well as offered a completely free dinner for 2 at any of the hotel restaurants, IN ADDITION to my Plat arrival gift of a whole bottle of wine and a small plate of chocolates.

Definitely one of the best treatments I have received as a PP. If only the US Marriott's would take a lesson from them.
Old May 30, 2013, 1:58 pm

* Ghent / Marriott / No Lounge; Full breakfast; free internet in room & lobby; 04/14/12 update

Here now, above still true and we also got drink coupons for each night for the member and up to two guests. Choice of beer, soda, wine. We are just two, but the bartender gave us a third beer anyway.

In case it matters, status is lifetime platinum.

Last edited by HappyCheesehead; May 31, 2013 at 2:19 am Reason: added status as FYI
Old May 30, 2013, 6:49 pm

Programs: DL GM 1MM, MR LT Titanium
Anchorage / Marriott / CLOSED; no breakfast coupons; NOT key accessible for sodas/water; 1-inet terminal

Info as of 5/27/13.
Old Jun 2, 2013, 10:44 am

Programs: AS 75K,UA Gold 1.6MM, Hilton Dia, Marriott LT Plat, Hyatt Glb, Natl Exec, Hertz 5*
Recently got back from Europe and can confirm that these are still accurate as written:

- Heidelberg Marriott
- Renaissance Lucerne (although sometimes they serve breakfast in the restaurant if they are very busy with a tour or such...). Only drinks in that unattended lounge are coffee/espresso, tea, or water
- Renaissance Tower Zurich (was not there on weekend) - 2 I-Net terminals
Old Jun 3, 2013, 5:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Ren DUS - information still accurate. Stayed June 2.
Old Jun 4, 2013, 5:08 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott lifetime Plt, UA 1MM
Update on Renaissance Toronto Downtown

2) Lounge is Closed on weekends;
3) No breakfast coupons are given. Even though most rates seem to have free Breakfast.
4) No sodas/water when closed;
5) No Computer, Business center charges $5.00, free for Boarding Passes
6) 6/1/13
Old Jun 6, 2013, 7:40 am
Suspended

Programs: Marriott - P; HH - G; Hyatt - P; Avis - LT First
St Petersburg / Baltic Renaissance/ No Lounge; Breakfast provided G/Ps by just telling restaurant your room number. Drink voucher given for 1 drink each per night in bar; 06/13 update
Wi-fi in both the room (24/7) and lobby (1-hr per log-in)
Business center has 3-computers w printers.
Old Jun 7, 2013, 11:39 am
LRD

Programs: AA Plat/6MM, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond
London (Hounslow) / Renaissance LHR / OPEN; 2 i-net terminals; 12/12 update

This needs to be changed to: Key accessible

I'm writing this from the lounge, Friday evening - 18:25 local time, and it is definitely not OPEN. There are four packs of Walkers shortbread biscuits, a few soft driniks, tonic water, tea bags, and that's about it. Most guests walk in, take a quick look around, and immediately leave.

The front-desk agent invited me to use the ground-floor restaurant for complementary breakfast tomorrow (Saturday); no coupons, though, so I hope they don't put the charge on my bill.
Old Jun 8, 2013, 12:22 pm

Programs: AA-EXP, MR-PP
Glen Allen / Richmond Marriott West / CLOSED; Coupons for Gold/Plats; 06/08/13 update
Old Jun 9, 2013, 5:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Cologne Marriott Germany:

Lounge is closed for renovation - whole executive floor is closed until something like Aug 17.

Lounges will be in either the bar or restaurant:

You'll get a key card with a sticker on to indicate that you have lounge access.

In the morning you can have brekkie at the hotel's restaurant;

Lounge at the Plusch bar from 9:30-17:30 - with only limited snacks and soda/water, tea/coffee.

Cocktail hour in a room inside the restaurant from 17:30 - 23:00 with the usual alcohol drinks and dinner from 17:30 to 20:00.

Stayed from 6-8 June.
Old Jun 10, 2013, 11:58 am

Programs: DL 2MM, Marriott LTT, Hilton Gold, United Silver
From the list for DC hotels:
* Renaissance Mayflower / OPEN for breakfast; no evening service Fri/Sat eve; 04/15/13 update

We stayed at the Mayflower this past weekend (MR Platinum, on points - upgraded to an incredible one bedroom suite). The lounge was not open at all on Saturday or Sunday. No breakfast provided. No lounge access from noon Friday until Sunday afternoon...we left before opening hours on Sunday.

Of course, this is only good information for this coming weekend, as the breakfast policy changes for the next weekend.
Old Jun 12, 2013, 1:00 am

Programs: Marriott Rewards Silver, HHonors Diamond
Just came back from the UK.

Maidstone / Kent / Tudor Park, A Marriott Hotel & Country Club / No Lounge; full breakfast 7 days -
Can confirm this, Name on list for breakfast

Bexleyheath / Marriott / NO LOUNGE; Full breakfast for both adults. -
Name /room no. not on list, but breakfast not charged.
Old Jun 12, 2013, 1:03 am

Programs: Marriott Rewards Silver, HHonors Diamond
Cardiff / Marriott / CLOSED

Spent two nights during the week.
There is a free computer with internet access and printer in the lounge.

Last edited by Ulle; Jun 12, 2013 at 1:11 am
Old Jun 16, 2013, 4:34 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, Ua Gold, GE.. Sucker for punishment
Ottawa FS Marriott

Ok. All is about to change due to the policy change but inquired about coupons at check in.. Was told "I will talk to manager"

Friday night received coupons for (family stay) for full buffet breakfast.. extraordinarily generous.. Platinum MR..

BTW. good hotel great staff
Old Jun 17, 2013, 3:16 pm

While this thread is a great source of information, I think it would be useful to include a brief description of what to expect from a lounge for us noobs =)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.