Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

[Left Marriott 15 Nov 2018] St. Regis Princeville, Kauai, Hawaii [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Left Marriott 15 Nov 2018] St. Regis Princeville, Kauai, Hawaii [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 14, 2018, 11:01 am

Programs: UA, AA, DL, Hertz, Avis, National, Hyatt, Hilton, SPG, Marriott
I am at the property now in advance of the cutover and received a spectacular upgrade with assurance that all SPG benefits would continue throughout my stay. Staff really bent over backward to emphasize this.

Truly a magnificent location with incredible views to wake up to. I can understand some consternation about the possible unavailability of benefits (and I can't speak to what's going to happen for stays commencing after the transition) but bagging a stay at this property because of somewhat dated furniture or wear-and-tear would really be missing the forest for the trees.
damon88, TWA884, wrp96 and 1 others like this.
Old Nov 14, 2018, 11:22 am
Suspended
Marriott 25+ BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by EWR764
I am at the property now in advance of the cutover and received a spectacular upgrade with assurance that all SPG benefits would continue throughout my stay. Staff really bent over backward to emphasize this.

Truly a magnificent location with incredible views to wake up to. I can understand some consternation about the possible unavailability of benefits (and I can't speak to what's going to happen for stays commencing after the transition) but bagging a stay at this property because of somewhat dated furniture or wear-and-tear would really be missing the forest for the trees.
I agree, and I’m thrilled you’re able to enjoy my favorite spot in all of Hawaii. Live it up!

But I’ll also concede that I am looking forward to seeing what the new owners’s renovation/refurbishment to a new 1 Hotel will do for that spot and those incredible views. I wish it was being refurbished as a St Regis, but we don’t always get what we want. Either way, I expect to be back once the new 1 Hotel Princeville opens.
EWR764 likes this.
Old Nov 14, 2018, 11:34 am
SPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, Lifetime Titanium, Delta Plat, Hilton Diamond , Hyatt Globalist
Was supposed to be here next week but my husband fractured his ribs and we had to cancel. Sad that we can’t bid farewell to one of our favorite hotels but will definitely check out the new one when it’s completed.
Old Nov 18, 2018, 5:43 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium
Has anyone been in the last few days since the switch? Heading over on a points stay in five days, and trying to figure out what to expect.
clublounger and kbulo like this.
Old Nov 21, 2018, 5:06 pm

Programs: DL Plat, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by Puckman
Has anyone been in the last few days since the switch? Heading over on a points stay in five days, and trying to figure out what to expect.
keep us posted. Will be in the same boat soon.
Old Nov 21, 2018, 5:25 pm

Programs: Starwood/Hyatt/IHG-PLAT/Hilton-DIA
Anybody else get breakfast extended for a 2019 stay?

"Thank you for reaching out to us here at Marriott International in regard to your upcoming stay at The St. Regis Princeville Resort.

I would be happy to let you know that I will be able to extend a 50 (USD) food credit per day of your stay and then 10% off your final food & beverage charges incurred during your time at the resort."
Old Nov 21, 2018, 7:27 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Platinum / Titanium, AA Executive Platinum
Originally Posted by flymax77

"Thank you for reaching out to us here at Marriott International in regard to your upcoming stay at The St. Regis Princeville Resort.

I would be happy to let you know that I will be able to extend a 50 (USD) food credit per day of your stay and then 10% off your final food & beverage charges incurred during your time at the resort."
I have a 2019 stay so I assume it is worth a shot to write them and ask.
Old Nov 21, 2018, 10:32 pm

Mind me asking who you asked to get this granted? Emailing [email protected] was a no go for me, and getting this granted would be solid.
Old Nov 21, 2018, 10:39 pm

Programs: Starwood/Hyatt/IHG-PLAT/Hilton-DIA
Originally Posted by Puckman
Mind me asking who you asked to get this granted? Emailing [email protected] was a no go for me, and getting this granted would be solid.
emailed the same as above, just replied to initial email announcing the regretful change in management and booking non-cancellable flights and specifically choosing this property over the grand hyatt because of the platinum benefits
Old Nov 21, 2018, 11:15 pm

emailed the same as above, just replied to initial email announcing the regretful change in management and booking non-cancellable flights and specifically choosing this property over the grand hyatt because of the platinum benefits
Ah gotcha, thanks. That was my mistake, as I had just reached out to that address directly. I responded to the email that they sent me to regarding this. Fingers crossed!
Old Nov 22, 2018, 11:29 am

I have a stay booked on points for April. The hotel just called me now out of the blue to reconfirm my booking and reiterate that there will be no impact to my reservation, but that my platinum benefits will not be available.

It’s so odd that they are calling me on thanksgiving...
bhrubin likes this.
Old Nov 22, 2018, 1:03 pm

Programs: DL Plat, SPG Plat
Sent a similar query but got no luck in return. Something like this from the exec customer service rep: “Sorry, if you want to stay at a Marriott location where you can earn and make use of loyalty benefits, please have a look at our alternative locations on our website.”

Glad you were able to successfully secure them, fymax77
Old Nov 22, 2018, 3:27 pm

Originally Posted by kbulo

Sent a similar query but got no luck in return. Something like this from the exec customer service rep: “Sorry, if you want to stay at a Marriott location where you can earn and make use of loyalty benefits, please have a look at our alternative locations on our website.”

Glad you were able to successfully secure them, fymax77
Yup I just struck out again on requesting a food credit too.
Old Nov 22, 2018, 7:21 pm

I also sent a nice email to the hotel requesting a courtesy food credit. They said no.

i wonder if the person who had success has a paid reservation. My reservation is with points, so I’m not that surprised they’re not willing budge on this.
Old Nov 22, 2018, 7:48 pm
SPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, Lifetime Titanium, Delta Plat, Hilton Diamond , Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Traveler56789
I also sent a nice email to the hotel requesting a courtesy food credit. They said no.

i wonder if the person who had success has a paid reservation. My reservation is with points, so I’m not that surprised they’re not willing budge on this.

Exactly

That was how it was explained to me:

The deactivation of The St. Regis Princeville Resort from Marriott International is a huge loss for our valued members and we here in The Executive Offices are extremely saddened to have to share this news with you. The St. Regis Princeville was a one of a kind resort and this deactivation is truly disheartening. I am sorry to know that your reservation is being affected by this.

The offer you have mentioned is being offered on a case by case basis by In House Reservations Management only. This offer is only being offered to Platinum members booked under a paid rate. As most of your reservation has been booked on Points I am not able to extend this credit to you, I do apologize. Right now you will only be eligible for the last night of your stay.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.