Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

[Left Marriott 15 Nov 2018] St. Regis Princeville, Kauai, Hawaii [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Left Marriott 15 Nov 2018] St. Regis Princeville, Kauai, Hawaii [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 8, 2020, 11:55 am

I stayed for two nights in mid-January and the place definitely needs a revamp. I didn't mind the dated furniture but the bathroom was a mess - I much preferred the bathrooms at my recent Courtyard stays than here. Exterior really needs a paint job as you can see the rust stains from the metal railings. Service was meh: no towel coverings for beach chairs and they took a while to bring the bags up after check-in (I overheard one lady complaining at the reception desk that she still hadn't gotten her bags after 3 hours). On the plus side, I'm pretty sure the rates were lower than the same time 2 years ago, and it wasn't feel very crowded.
HaleiwaFlyer likes this.
Old Feb 8, 2020, 4:38 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Having stayed at the Ritz at Laguna Beach, I was expecting something along that caliber. the place was tired and void of any energy or buzz.

Last edited by david55; Feb 12, 2020 at 6:19 pm
Old Feb 11, 2020, 5:45 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

The beach today @ The Princeville Resort........
Old Feb 12, 2020, 11:32 am

Programs: DL 2 MM Unobtainum | UA 1.1MM Gold | MR Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by david55
The beach today @ The Princeville Resort........
That is just sad to see this compared to it's former glory days pre-deflagging.
Old Apr 5, 2020, 6:27 pm

Any other news on what the 18 months of renovations will entail?
Old Aug 11, 2021, 5:47 pm

The new 1Hotels Hanalei Bay is now available to book starting in July 22. You can see photos and rates here: https://www.1hotels.com/hanalei-bay

Ocean View rooms appear to start at about $1,500/night. I forget what prices were at the St. Regis, but I think this is quite a premium.
Old Aug 11, 2021, 5:52 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by Traveler56789
Ocean View rooms appear to start at about $1,500/night. I forget what prices were at the St. Regis, but I think this is quite a premium.
Covid has really altered the landscape in terms of Hawaiian hotel pricing, particularly at the higher end, not-Waikiki resorts.
Old Aug 11, 2021, 9:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
Good timing on the renovation closure, thanks to covid.
Old Oct 10, 2021, 11:44 pm

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, Marriott Platinum
OMG. Does anyone know what is going on with this property? It seems to be offline completely. This is one of my absolute favorite places in the world, and I had a couple of trips there with my late husband that were just fantastic. I’m so sad to hear of its decline and now apparently complete closure.
Old Oct 11, 2021, 12:02 am

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, Marriott Platinum
Well, further Googling answered my question. Starwood bought the property in 2018 and is renovating it; supposedly scheduled to open next month but no sign of that in the booking engine. This has always been a place I had in mind to return to, so I will keep it on my bucket list even though I have been there before.

Any additional info eagerly appreciated!!

https://www.travelweek.ca/news/hawai...l-hanalei-bay/
Old Oct 11, 2021, 5:59 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Lifetime SkyClub, AS MVP
Originally Posted by sfolawyer

Any additional info eagerly appreciated!!
The new website for the property now shows a re-opening date of Summer 2022:

https://www.1hotels.com/hanalei-bay

It is not expected to be participating in the Marriott Bonvoy program when it re-opens.
Old Oct 11, 2021, 7:22 am

Programs: None - previously UA
Originally Posted by dgreen12

It is not expected to be participating in the Marriott Bonvoy program when it re-opens.
The renovations seem extensive, given the current state of the property, I would say summer 22 is optimistic.
Old Oct 11, 2021, 7:28 am

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver, IHG Spire, AMEX Plat
Originally Posted by dgreen12

Yeah Starwoods capital new 1Holtels and Treehouse brands don’t participate in any programmes as far as I can tell.

They have their own loyalty programme but it’s more about supporting environmental causes than free nights.
Old Oct 11, 2021, 8:20 am

Location: Manhattan, Palm Beach Island, San Francisco, Boston, & Hong Kong
Programs: Lifetime United Global Services, Delta Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Ambassador, & Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by TGLoyalty
They have their own loyalty programme but it’s more about supporting environmental causes than free nights.
Most of SH's most interesting properties do not participate in Mission so I'm not sure this property would either. It's a pretty interesting program but the rebate is a 1%-4% that you can redeem through stuff like PayPal. I think you can also donate your rebate to offset your carbon footprint.

They offered guaranteed late check-out for elites but it's only 1 PM unless you spend $75K a year (in which case it's 2 PM). Room upgrades gate kept at $50K a year. This would be more feasible if they included their properties (ie Baccarat hotel) in the program.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.