Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

[Left Marriott 15 Nov 2018] St. Regis Princeville, Kauai, Hawaii [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Left Marriott 15 Nov 2018] St. Regis Princeville, Kauai, Hawaii [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 7, 2011, 1:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Looks like you don't really need a rental car in Princeville with high rental rates and parking charges. Yet, there seems to be no other alternative due to distance. Anyone found any other options?
Old Jul 7, 2011, 2:26 pm

Programs: AA LT PLT, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by TerryK
Looks like you don't really need a rental car in Princeville with high rental rates and parking charges. Yet, there seems to be no other alternative due to distance. Anyone found any other options?
Not sure how the high rental rates and parking charges have any bearing on whether you actually need a car. I rented a car each time I stayed in Kauai and the rates weren't that bad. If you are going to spend nearly all of your time in the Princeville area you can probably get away without one. But as iffy as the weather can be up north, it's a huge bonus to be able to jump in the car and make the hour or so drive down to Poipu where the sun is more likely to be shining, particularly in winter months.
Old Jul 7, 2011, 4:23 pm

SPG gold upgraded to jr suite with points and cash

We used points and cash on our June trip to the westin princeville. We were upgraded free to a jr suite after asking the front desk at check-in. It was a beautiful hotel and room.

I read one person mention not getting a rental car and I think that would be a HUGE mistake. Go see the island!
Old Jul 8, 2011, 6:46 am

Programs: No preference
Originally Posted by jackknife74
We used points and cash on our June trip to the westin princeville. We were upgraded free to a jr suite after asking the front desk at check-in. It was a beautiful hotel and room.

I read one person mention not getting a rental car and I think that would be a HUGE mistake. Go see the island!
Welcome to Flyertalk!

Refer to this thread
Old Jul 8, 2011, 8:39 am

Programs: UA GS/4 MM, AA Exec Plat, Lifetime Hilton D, Hyatt G, Marriott Titanium earned Ambassador
I think a rental car is a must unless one plans to just stay on property. The shuttle has limited options.
Old Jul 9, 2011, 6:45 pm

6000footdrop.com visits St Regis Princeville

Booked 5 night award stay for "garden with terrace" at 21,500/night, upgraded to Prince Jr Suite with Lanai -- #808. Excellent service even if lunch at the pool is $100.

Here is my report of the local hiking including two sunset photos from our room.
http://www.6000footdrop.com/6000-foo...our-shoes.html
Old Jul 9, 2011, 7:09 pm

is parking $25 each day at this resort ?
Old Jul 9, 2011, 8:50 pm

$20, but no resort charge, despite the excellent service
Old Jul 10, 2011, 5:38 pm

As a Platinum member for my stay here at St. Regis, Princeville, what am I expecting for free or for low cost.
For sure, I know internet should be free.
How about parking per day?
Breakfast is it free for Platinum members?
I am using my points for stay here for Thanksgiving weekend and I will be in my last trimester of pregnancy and hence this is a special trip before we will have our baby. Anything the hotel will offer additional benefits?
Thanks.
Old Jul 10, 2011, 6:23 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, AA Plat
Originally Posted by soap_bubbles
As a Platinum member for my stay here at St. Regis, Princeville, what am I expecting for free or for low cost.
I am using my points for stay here for Thanksgiving weekend and I will be in my last trimester of pregnancy and hence this is a special trip before we will have our baby. Anything the hotel will offer additional benefits?
Thanks.
No free parking or breakfast for Platinums. You can email the hotel in advance letting them know it is a special occasion - they are usually responsive but it may be a busy time of year so I am not sure if they would be able to guarantee anything. The hotel itself is wonderful, and the staff are terrific, so you will have a great time for sure!
Old Jul 10, 2011, 7:27 pm

Programs: MR-Amb, Hyatt-Globalist, AA-EXP
Originally Posted by soap_bubbles
Thanks.
All of this is covered in the thread and most of it is covered more than once in the last 10-15 posts, but as a platinum all you normally get is an upgrade and internet. Expecting anything more will just set you up for disappointment.

The hotel is amazing and so was nearly everything else about our trip so I think you made an excellent choice for your stay as this place was all about relaxation. The food and drinks at the hotel were a little pricier than other hotels we stayed at on the islands, but it was always very good and the service was usually very prompt. So go in knowing that things will be a little on the expensive side and that really nothing other than morning coffee (if you get a jr. suite with butler service) is free and I think you'll have an excellent time.
Old Jul 10, 2011, 9:47 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, AA Gold MM, Marriott LTT, Hyatt Globalist
BEST Starwood Hotel in USA?

We just spent 5 nights at the St. Regis Princeville Resort with 88K points (no standard room for the last night so all nights had to be 2K extra).

As Plat, I was upgraded to a Jr Suite with view of Wai'aleale, Hanalei Bay and Bali Hai. This is one hotel where the view is worth money, since the view is the best of any SPG property (perhaps St. Regis Bora Bora is better, but I'm not experienced it). The Butler Service with morning coffee was excellent.

The hotel is excellent following the major renovation in 2009, considerably better than it was 4 years ago on our previous stay.

There was a manager's reception for selected guests (Plat, guests in suites, anniversary) with wine (Simi Alexander Valley Cab, quite decent) and light hors d'oeuvres. The GM, Milton Sgarbi, and his management team mingled withe the guests and solicited their comments about the hotel. He explained the approach taken on the design of the renovated hotel blending European luxury with Hawaiian tropical essence. The owners spared no expense in the $100M renovation. The GM definitely has a long term view of the future of the hotel. This weekly manager's reception started in May.

Kauai Grill is expensive, but well worth the splurge. The food is excellent, worthy of Michelin star. Compared to restaurants in Paris, it's reasonable.

The level of service was very high and everyone had a positive attitute. One bar server commmented that anyone having a bad day just needs to go to the 11th floor, opended the windows and take in the scenery.

The complaint I've read on earlier posts seem to be focused on no free breakfast and parking fee for Plat members. Those are not stated benefits for Plat at St. Regis properties. In fact, $20 valet parking with excellent service and no resort fee is a bargain. I also would not trade the upgraded Jr. Suite with view at the Princeville Resort for free breakfast at a lower category hotel.

I would highly recommend this resort without reservation.
Old Jul 11, 2011, 6:55 am

I'd like to give recognition to an employee at St. Regis even before I get there.

Stephanie . . . the Guest Recognition Agent for Princeville (my bad on contact details)

We have been communicating back and forth through email about our upcoming stay in October. There weren't any bookable FRNs available. But being a Plat, she recognized we would get upgraded out of the category type for FRNs and put in an override. Being our anniversary and our first trip to Hawaii, she also stated could accommodate any special requests we have.

Very professional and courteous!

Last edited by jcmitchell21; Jul 11, 2011 at 12:11 pm Reason: Removed full name and contact details of employee, a violation of FT rules
Old Jul 14, 2011, 1:11 pm

Cash and Points/Plat treatment

Hello-

We are looking at staying and I see they have had cash and points but not when we are thinking (next winter) anyone have any idea is this will change?

It is currently 20K/night- any chance that will decrease when they redo the rates in the fall?

How are Plats treated? Are tehre a lot of suites? Any insight is appreciated!

Thanks!
Old Jul 14, 2011, 1:31 pm

Originally Posted by ChicagoKat
Hello-

We are looking at staying and I see they have had cash and points but not when we are thinking (next winter) anyone have any idea is this will change?

It is currently 20K/night- any chance that will decrease when they redo the rates in the fall?

How are Plats treated? Are tehre a lot of suites? Any insight is appreciated!

Thanks!
You mean winter 2012? Can you book that far in advance?

No chance of decrease. Refer upthread and here for Plat recognition. Usual is upgrade to junior suite.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.