Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

Buy Presidential Dollar Coins with CC @ Face Value, Free Shipping

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Buy Presidential Dollar Coins with CC @ Face Value, Free Shipping

Search this Thread

Old Apr 14, 2010, 12:10 am

Programs: UA, AA, AS, DL, BA, HA, WN, SPG-PL, Hyatt-Dia, HH-Dia, Marr-Pl, US Mint/VR(retired)
After being away from the coin "deal" for a few months (out traveling the world thanks to US mint and Citicard churn), I ordered 50 boxes of 2010 NAs. My order was changed to 30 boxes by the mint a few days later.
I made another order of 20 boxes, to meet the 50 box limit, and that order was cancelled today. 30 box order still shows 'in process'.

Hmmmmm?
Old Apr 14, 2010, 12:11 am

Programs: Hilton Gold, SPG & IHG Plat, & every airline program that I can join
Originally Posted by Astrophsx
Send a paypal payment to a friend, they can gift you the money back to you fee free.
Yes, What I was asking was when the balance of the gift card is down to something small like $1.48 or $5.64 Staples will mail you a check for each card's remaining balance (one check per card, they don't total them up). I was wondering if Amex did the same, as gas pumps and some stores and restaurants over authorize the amount and the card would decline.

JudyJFLA
Old Apr 14, 2010, 7:10 am

Programs: Delta, AA, BA, United, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Honors Diamond, SPG Marriott Gold, Sixt Platinum
When the card gets below $25 I go in a gas station give them the card and say " I want $23.56 ( or whatever) on pump #3."
Old Apr 14, 2010, 8:57 am

Programs: Delta TDK(or care)WIA, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by specialeffects
Hi,
I usually deposit the coins at bank X. Today I deposited at BOA and the teller informed me that the coins will have to be sent for counting (they were still unwrapped in 25 pcs rolls) and it will take 2~3 business days to deposit.

Has anyone else gone thru this?
I'd go back to bank X from now on, quite a few people have gotten short counts. Once the machine gets worn, you can get a lot of miscounting. But if they maintain it right, it should be fine. I have used a couple counters that were accessible to depositors, put about $8000 through them, and never gotten a short count.
Old Apr 14, 2010, 9:32 am

Programs: DL DM; 2MM
Originally Posted by aviators99
It's in the US Mint Dollar Coin FAQ sticky at the top of this forum.
Thank you, this is very helpful .. ^ ... sometimes we seem to overlook the obvious that's right below our noses ..
Old Apr 14, 2010, 10:54 am

Originally Posted by Carl Johnson
I'd go back to bank X from now on, quite a few people have gotten short counts. Once the machine gets worn, you can get a lot of miscounting. But if they maintain it right, it should be fine. I have used a couple counters that were accessible to depositors, put about $8000 through them, and never gotten a short count.
In the past I've had banks ask for this or for me to drop them off and leave. I would never feel comfortable with this because it is much harder to have the deposit fixed if they screw it up. If someone started up a coin depositing service....
Old Apr 14, 2010, 5:24 pm

Programs: UA MM *G, AA EXP, OW Emerald, Hyatt Globalist, Gold everywhere else
Originally Posted by specialeffects
Hi,
I usually deposit the coins at bank X. Today I deposited at BOA and the teller informed me that the coins will have to be sent for counting (they were still unwrapped in 25 pcs rolls) and it will take 2~3 business days to deposit.

Has anyone else gone thru this?
Yes, my BOA does the same thing. It actually took 5 business days to post when I did a test deposit. I'll stick with an even distribution across the 6 or so Chase branches on my way to work. They like coins.
Old Apr 14, 2010, 8:51 pm

poking fun

Originally Posted by ned
Does anyone know how these are shipped; USPS, FedEx, etc?
people really are getting too lazy to read, they go to the last page, read a few posts and ask questions that have been answered 500 times. If it is answers you seek young jedi, read deeper.

To the person talking about a $2 Susan B. Anthony coin, I have some $3 bills for ya...sell ya 7 for $20
and wow, before you mentioned it we never would of thought to use those deposited coins to pay our CC bills, thanks for the idea.

sorry about the sarcasm but these posts are making my brain numb.

wow, my brain really is numb, I'm commenting on posts from page 5, when i thought i was reading page 565
proof that reading stupidity makes you dumb.

Last edited by wise2u; Apr 14, 2010 at 9:04 pm Reason: additional info
Old Apr 14, 2010, 9:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I read that post as a wake-up call. I still faithfully read replies to this thread, and I'm dismayed to see that we're about 8400 posts in. I've wasted just a huge amount of time here. And I haven't learned anything in this thread in months. I guess I'm just hopeful that the limits will go away.
Old Apr 15, 2010, 1:43 am

Programs: UAL 1MM, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist, AA 3MM
Originally Posted by josephstern
I read that post as a wake-up call. I still faithfully read replies to this thread, and I'm dismayed to see that we're about 8400 posts in. I've wasted just a huge amount of time here. And I haven't learned anything in this thread in months. I guess I'm just hopeful that the limits will go away.
I warned everyone that March 1st would be a defining date.
Old Apr 15, 2010, 2:55 am

Originally Posted by josephstern
There has been new information posted. Some of it is very useful. It is just not posted like a neon flashing light anymore.
Old Apr 15, 2010, 10:25 am

Programs: DL DM; 2MM
Originally Posted by buschoi
The Flexperks card was reported a while ago as not giving out points. It started in around last December, so it is possible you did not notice it.
Can anyone please confirm positive (neg) Flexperks results for purchase of Amex Giftcards and subsequent use ?

Last edited by Travelomania; Apr 17, 2010 at 2:09 pm
Old Apr 15, 2010, 2:03 pm

Programs: NW Silver, CO Silver,SPG Gold, USMint Presidential, Chase/BA 100k, Airtran Wendy's cups
Originally Posted by QL_714
There has been new information posted. Some of it is very useful. It is just not posted like a neon flashing light anymore.
Like what? How to spend your money. Nothing good gets posted anymore because members freak out if you say anything that might be useful. I'll just keep collecting coins (at a lower rate) while others keep complaining about canceled orders.

Last edited by nwa330; Apr 15, 2010 at 2:15 pm
Old Apr 15, 2010, 4:34 pm

Originally Posted by nwa330
Like what? How to spend your money. Nothing good gets posted anymore because members freak out if you say anything that might be useful. I'll just keep collecting coins (at a lower rate) while others keep complaining about canceled orders.
So showing how to get your miles plus a percent or two cash back was not helpful?
Old Apr 15, 2010, 6:14 pm

Programs: NW Silver, CO Silver,SPG Gold, USMint Presidential, Chase/BA 100k, Airtran Wendy's cups
Originally Posted by QL_714
So showing how to get your miles plus a percent or two cash back was not helpful?
I didn't read that one. That sounds good if the limits weren't imposed. But we're not allowed to talk about ordering coins anymore since some thinks its a crime.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.