Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

Buy Presidential Dollar Coins with CC @ Face Value, Free Shipping

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Buy Presidential Dollar Coins with CC @ Face Value, Free Shipping

Search this Thread

Old Apr 2, 2010, 8:21 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, HHonors Diamond
A question for everyone. Has anyone had an order for $500 of one president split for shipment? Today I received 2 emails for shipment - $250 each (with separate tracking numbers). Each shipment was sent FedEx "SmartPost". All the previous shipments have been UPS.
Old Apr 2, 2010, 10:45 pm

Originally Posted by deant
A question for everyone. Has anyone had an order for $500 of one president split for shipment? Today I received 2 emails for shipment - $250 each (with separate tracking numbers). Each shipment was sent FedEx "SmartPost". All the previous shipments have been UPS.
It is normal. I've had it happen in the past. If the order splits below the $300 thresh hold it's sent ground. (fedex/usps)
Old Apr 3, 2010, 9:13 am

Anyone else disappointed that drumdrum didn't grace us with an appearance on April 1st?
Old Apr 3, 2010, 5:05 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold, SPG & IHG Plat, & every airline program that I can join
I figured I would get a rise out of him with my little joke on the new limits. Maybe he just stayed quiet while calling his senator and the white house!!

JudyJFLA - Awash in lovely golden dollars!
Old Apr 3, 2010, 6:16 pm

Programs: Delta, AA, BA, United, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Honors Diamond, SPG Marriott Gold, Sixt Platinum
Well, I meant to say , I agree with you. Not, that you said too much.

Originally Posted by buschoi
I care, and ALL of those who want to do it as long as possible care I bet. Look at my comments again. I focused on the purpose of discussing (or bragging) of the order amount, rather than HOW they really use the coins. I really do NOT care how the coins are used - bring them to Las Vegas, South America, donate them, etc... and whatever.

Although the Mint has imposed the household limit, there are still a LOT of workaround I bet many people are not posting here. Some are bragging about receiving boxes of them every week, so you would know for sure the workarounds are there and they WORK. I don't care about that part either, as long as we do NOT give the Mint a bad publicity, and they will be secretly behind our efforts and reward us. They NEED to satisfy the mandated production of the coins, so they WILL leave loopholes for us to get through and help them circulate the coins. They just can NOT live with the constant negative feedbacks, another drumdrum, or so. What they need is friends, so do we need the Mint, and our bankers, who will be happily assisting us on our next bank visit. opps....

um... I think I am saying too much again.
Old Apr 3, 2010, 6:23 pm

Programs: Alaska MVPG 100K, IHG Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by beachmiles
Well, I meant to say , I agree with you. Not, that you said too much.
It took me a little while to process the original comment, but then figured out what you actually meant.
Old Apr 4, 2010, 10:27 pm

So what experience do people have with shipments getting lost?

I had a $12,500 order shipped to my PO Box. The item was accepted by the post office on March 24, but I haven't gotten them yet and no additonal e/Delivery Confirmation information is available.

I called the Mint on friday and was asked to give it another week. Has anyone had a similar problem? If so how did it work out?

thanks,
Ian

Last edited by ClimbGuy; Apr 4, 2010 at 11:48 pm Reason: said i called usps actually called the mint
Old Apr 4, 2010, 10:33 pm

Programs: AA EXP 4MM, Piper Dakota, Admirals Club, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Gold, Wyndham Diamond
Originally Posted by ClimbGuy

I had a $12,500 order shipped to my PO Box. The item was accepted by the post office on March 24, but I haven't gotten them yet and no additonal e/Delivery Confirmation information is available.

I called USPS on friday and was asked to give it another week. Has anyone had a similar problem? If so how did it work out?

thanks,
Ian
drumdrum
Old Apr 4, 2010, 11:47 pm

duplicate
Old Apr 4, 2010, 11:48 pm
In memoriam

Wish I knew what drumdrum meant.

Anyhow, I recently had a $5K order sent to a POB. Two boxes arrived one day with $3250 total. Although the paperwork said $5K had shipped.

A week went by--then box #3 arrived. All $5K came in.

Don't worry, be happy.
Old Apr 5, 2010, 12:02 am

The order shipped over a week ago and hasn't been scanned since it was accepted by the post office. How long did it take for the first two boxes to arrive? Did you see various updates when you checked the Delivery Confirmation number?

Originally Posted by biggestbopper

Anyhow, I recently had a $5K order sent to a POB. Two boxes arrived one day with $3250 total. Although the paperwork said $5K had shipped.

A week went by--then box #3 arrived. All $5K came in.

Don't worry, be happy.
Old Apr 5, 2010, 1:50 am

Programs: UAL 1MM, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist, AA 3MM
No you don't.
Old Apr 5, 2010, 9:35 am
In memoriam

Ahhh, those mysterious FT words ...

As to how long the first boxes took to arrive, I think it was two to three weeks.

I never did check the website/confirmation # to see what was going on. My theory is don't look for trouble--and the mint, IMHE, has been reliable. They may cancel an order, but, they don't charge you for it. And, if they charge you, you will get the coins. ^
Old Apr 5, 2010, 10:07 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by ClimbGuy

I called the Mint on friday and was asked to give it another week. Has anyone had a similar problem? If so how did it work out?

thanks,
Ian
they are insured at least...so if they get lost, insurance company is taking a hefty loss
Old Apr 5, 2010, 10:12 am

Programs: Too many to list
They may cancel an order, but, they don't charge you for it. And, if they charge you, you will get the coins. ^
The processor (Pitney Bowes IIRC) can have some serious problems packing the coins. Make sure you keep everything including packing slips, screenshots, etc. in case anything goes wrong.

We had an order short $1,750. Pitney claimed they were shipped, but luckily we had the original box and packing slip which claimed "14" units were shipped in one box. Those boxes last year could hold a maximum of 10 units (the ones with the trays) so it eventually got sorted out, but did take almost 2 months for our credit card to get refunded...they didn't send the coins.

They changed the limits after that so we were out the 1750 starpoints, as well as having to pay the CC before the refund came in.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.