Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

Buy Presidential Dollar Coins with CC @ Face Value, Free Shipping

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Buy Presidential Dollar Coins with CC @ Face Value, Free Shipping

Search this Thread

Old Mar 24, 2009, 9:22 am

Programs: AA 1MM Plat, PC Plat RA, HHonors Gold, National EE
So I finally received my 18 boxes of NA coins. Took a month and a half, or so. Things didn't happen until I called the Mint sales line -- the order status deal on the website and 800-number never worked for me. The sales rep checked on the order, and then, miraculously, the shipment was sent within a few days.

I managed to work another deal out of this coin-a-palooza, of sorts: I used the $4500 to make a payment on my other credit card, which currently has a no fee, zero percent for 6 months balance transfer offer. Balance transfers earn points on this card, so I'll snag the points and then do a BT to the card on which I charged the coins. 4500 miles plus 4500 points.

Way earlier in this thread it was mentioned that a lender cannot refuse legal tender payment, so perhaps that's why I got no grief at the bank. It may also have helped that I called ahead and let the head teller know I was bringing in that much in rolled dollar coins to pay my cc. She gave me the green light over the phone to schlep it all in. Good thing I'm a big enough boy to carry all of them at the same time across the parking lot and into the branch (I stopped to rest once, however).
Old Mar 24, 2009, 12:44 pm

Programs: UA GOLD MM,WN CP A+list, HH Gold,MR LT Titanium
Originally Posted by WonderDude

I managed to work another deal out of this coin-a-palooza, of sorts: I used the $4500 to make a payment on my other credit card, which currently has a no fee, zero percent for 6 months balance transfer offer. Balance transfers earn points on this card, so I'll snag the points and then do a BT to the card on which I charged the coins. 4500 miles plus 4500 points.
Can I ask what card you have that has these terms?Thanks
Old Mar 24, 2009, 2:19 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA EXP (1.5MM), Hilton/SPG/Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by WonderDude
Interesting. Same thing happened to me. Citibank AA card.
Ditto, Citi AA card, and a US Mint order that was held 6 weeks.
Old Mar 24, 2009, 6:23 pm

Programs: Rapid Rewards, Skymiles, HHonors, Amex MR; Browns, Cavs, Indians, and Buckeyes Season Ticket Holder
Originally Posted by nyc325
Just got my $5000 Native American order. I had called about 10 days ago and they said it was processing, but I thought something might have gone wrong...until they arrived on my doorstep a few days ago. Fantastic!!
same here, ordered 2/19, get ship email sunday, sent overnight and came today
Old Mar 24, 2009, 6:31 pm

Programs: DL DM, AA ExPlt, Diamond HH, HY, BW, & Titanium Elite Marriott
I have ordered and received several thousand dollars of coins and I am not done yet.

I have not deposited the first coin yet and do not intend to. Way too many ways to use them otherwise.
Old Mar 24, 2009, 6:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: National Executive Elite, none of the others matter
Originally Posted by ja_user
Ditto, Citi AA card, and a US Mint order that was held 6 weeks.
As I started this diversion, yes, I indeed used a Citibank AA World Elite Mastercard. Might be something to consider for those with mileage / points cards that are (and aren't) issued by Citibank.
Old Mar 24, 2009, 7:29 pm
Moderator: Avis and Rental Cars

Originally Posted by EasternTraveler
I have ordered and received several thousand dollars of coins and I am not done yet.

I have not deposited the first coin yet and do not intend to. Way too many ways to use them otherwise.
Hopefully you aren't using the coins for things that you'd normally use your credit card for? That defeats the purpose of ordering them and getting bonus miles.
Old Mar 24, 2009, 7:42 pm

Not a chance of that. There are so many ways to use them. One of my favorites is selling them to restaurants to use a change. Oh how they love them. I can't get enough.
Old Mar 24, 2009, 7:53 pm

Programs: AA, AS, BA, DL Plat, Chase UR, Diners, UA, F9, WN, SPG Gold, HH Diamond, Amex MR.
Originally Posted by EasternTraveler
Not a chance of that. There are so many ways to use them. One of my favorites is selling them to restaurants to use a change. Oh how they love them. I can't get enough.
When you sell them to restaurants, do you make a profit?

They are great for certain parking meters too.
Old Mar 25, 2009, 9:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: National Executive Elite, none of the others matter
Note that the Native American coins are now showing "Sold Out" instead of the "Product Not Available" label under some of the other coins ...
Old Mar 25, 2009, 9:24 am

No, never thought about trying to do that. Just happy to put them in circulation.
Old Mar 25, 2009, 10:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 1M
Originally Posted by super-mileage-fan

They are great for certain parking meters too.
I was not able to use them for meters.
Old Mar 25, 2009, 2:01 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by UA Fan
I was not able to use them for meters.
I've had luck using them in parking meters in Naples, FL, Sanibel Island, FL FLL, (those beaches eat a lot of $ coins) and ANC ^
Old Mar 25, 2009, 3:08 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by icurhere2
Note that the Native American coins are now showing "Sold Out" instead of the "Product Not Available" label under some of the other coins ...
Changed again.

Now it is "Product will be available for shipping 04/09/2009"
Old Mar 25, 2009, 5:47 pm

Programs: AA 1MM Plat, PC Plat RA, HHonors Gold, National EE
Originally Posted by freeflyin
Can I ask what card you have that has these terms?Thanks
It's a special anniversary offer through my credit union VISA. The 0% offer is good only through 3/31, but I understand all their BTs qualify for points.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.