Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 11, 2014, 12:26 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ed765
USB Buxx

(NOTE: stopped taking new applications ~mid February 2014 through the official link.
Current users can still add new cards.)

• Initial purchase fee: $15 + $2.50 load fee
  • Load fee: $2.50 per load, $517.50 max load per transaction ($520 charge to card)
  • Max load per day: $2,000 per CC
  • Max load per rolling 30 days: $2,000 per card, but $5k per CC (if you have multiple teen cards.)
    NOTE: The rolling 30 days is also time sensitive. For example, if you loaded on 9/1 at 2 PM local time and try to load on 10/1 at 12 PM local time, it will NOT work. You must load on 10/1 at 2 PM or later.
  • Max value at any time: $2,000
  • Max ATM withdraw: $200, max 3 ATM per day ($600 total). No fee at US Bank ATMs. Other 'Plus' or Visa ATM $1.50 + ATM fee.
  • You may only add/edit two new credit/debit payment methods every 24 hours, three every 30 days and 5 every 180 days.

Also - Answer ALL the identification questions in your profile (not JUST three or four) USBuxx will sometimes ask you one of the questions, if you use the account on a new computer. HOWEVER - they are more than happy to ask you an unanswered question - talk about BROKEN! So, answer ALL the questions so that when you are prompted - you can answer any of them.

Do not load with any US Bank card as this will not provide points.
Citi codes as purchase and earns points for US Bank

NW Buxx

• Initial purchase fee: $5 (waived with promo code: 02050053)
  • $2 load fee
  • Max load per day: $500
  • Max load per rolling 30 days: $1,000
  • The maximum Card value is $1,000.00
  • Max ATM per week: ($200 - but only if specifically enabled online, including PIN setup). No fee for some Allpoint ATMs (no way to know in advance if the Allpoint ATM will ding you $1; check your account carefully and call if necessary to reverse the $1 charge…IME 2/3 Allpoint ATMs do charge the fee).
  • Max spend per 7 rolling days: $800

Max # of CC on file for both is 2. Each has a max # of loads per card per 7 day rolling period (~3/4). If you card fails to load, first try to switch to another CC, second check to make sure there are at least 7 calendar days between loads.

Reports of Citi cards (at least Mastercard) coding as purchase for NW Buxx (Jan 2015), but YMMV.

TD Bank Go Buxx

Dead - "members will only be able to load TD Go Card(s) using a TD Bank Debit or Credit Card, or by direct deposit."

• Initial purchase fee: $4.95 + $1 load fee.
  • Max load per day: $500
  • Max load per 7 days: $2,000
  • Max load per rolling 30 days: $3,000
  • Max per ATM withdraw: $60/week. (No fee at TD Bank.)
  • Max balance: $2,000
  • Max transactions: no limit
  • Max load per funding CC (across multiple teens): only via TD CC $6,000 per 30 days

Limits are per teen card, not per master account

States not supported.

AL, AK, AS, AZ, AR, CA, CO, FM, GA, GU, HI, ID, IL, IN, IA, KS, KY, LA, MI, MN, MS, MO, MT, NE, NV, NM, ND, MP, OH, OK, OR, PW, PR, SD, TN, TX, UT, VI, WA, WV, WI, WY
According to thread, USPS MOs count against the ATM withdraw limit.
Citi codes as purchase and earns points for TD Bank loads.
Citi with some cards including the Exec will keep your order as pending and it will take up Credit limit for 3 to 4 weeks.

Beginning September 3, 2014, we're making changes to the TD GO Card program.
•We're decreasing the reload limit. We're reducing the per-day reload amount from $1,000 to $500. Rest assured, your maximum card balance at any time will remain at $2,000.
•We're changing how you can fund your TD Go Card. Account owners and friends and family members will only be able to load TD Go Card(s) using a TD Bank Debit or Credit Card, or by direct deposit.

Do not create too many accounts too fast. Some reports of account shutdown when same SSN used across multiple cards / accounts in a short period of time.
Print Wikipost

VISA Buxx

Search this Thread

Old Jul 27, 2014, 9:39 am

Originally Posted by Zamboni Driver
Out of all Chase cards, I've only had problems with the United Plus, for no apparent reason (no CL issues, no CA issues...). I've gone back to using the CSP instead - is there a reason you don't want to do that? You can transfer the points to United anyway (which you already know).
Just wanted to add that I've had issues with the United Explorer and no other Chase cards.
Old Jul 27, 2014, 10:06 am

Originally Posted by 1DJonas
Just wanted to add that I've had issues with the United Explorer and no other Chase cards.
Any idea on to resolve?
Old Jul 27, 2014, 10:44 am

Originally Posted by YoungBubbie
Any idea on to resolve?
Since it seems to be an issue with the card, you could contact Chase and see if it is being blocked/denied on their end. However, that carries some risk, as you'll be inviting them to look at the failed transaction (or you may need to tell them the name of the merchant).

Is your card seasoned a bit - do you have other transactions? I am not using my card at all, so maybe a 1K purchase attempt is what's causing it to fail.

Bottom line, there isn't a proven way to fix the issue, and fixing it involves some risk...
Old Jul 27, 2014, 5:44 pm

wiki says no fee at allpoint ATMs for NW buxx, but I got $1 charged
oh well
I'll try moneypass next time
Old Jul 27, 2014, 5:51 pm

Originally Posted by uTalk
wiki says no fee at allpoint ATMs for NW buxx, but I got $1 charged
oh well
I'll try moneypass next time
Actually, the wiki says:

"No fee for Allpoint ATMs (yet, a phone call may be necessary to reverse a $1 charge)."
Old Jul 27, 2014, 6:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Yes that's another reason I want to use that card.
Any ideas on what I can do or reason why it won't take?
If this is your first transaction on UA card, may be Chase security dept blocks it since it is an online transaction.

I would use the card a couple times with large enough amount such as $500+ a single transaction before attempting TD again.
Old Jul 27, 2014, 6:56 pm

Originally Posted by Happy
If this is your first transaction on UA card, may be Chase security dept blocks it since it is an online transaction.

I would use the card a couple times with large enough amount such as $500+ a single transaction before attempting TD again.
I've already used for numerous transactions. I knew I was buying something for $800 so I called before so they wouldn't put a fraud alert on. I did call Chase to verify that I don't have any fraud alerts and my cash advance is $5000. This is why I can't figure out why it's not working. My Chase sapphire works and all the info is the same on both accounts.
Old Jul 27, 2014, 9:17 pm

Dunno if this has been discussed but my teen card account was closed a few months ago and I was able to add a "new" teen (same one that got closed) and fund the card no problem, also looked possible to add more (different) teens. This was for the US Bank Visa Buxx ^
Did have to pay the initiation fee or whatever its called again though :-/

Last edited by binnycode; Jul 27, 2014 at 9:34 pm
Old Jul 28, 2014, 12:39 am

Originally Posted by binnycode
Dunno if this has been discussed but my teen card account was closed a few months ago and I was able to add a "new" teen (same one that got closed) and fund the card no problem, also looked possible to add more (different) teens. This was for the US Bank Visa Buxx ^
Did have to pay the initiation fee or whatever its called again though :-/
Why was the teen card account closed in the first place?
Old Jul 28, 2014, 1:57 am

Originally Posted by ericdabbs
Why was the teen card account closed in the first place?
I don't really know. I assume it was due to not using it but I never got any notification it was closed. Just logged in one day and saw.
Old Jul 28, 2014, 1:59 am
Suspended

Programs: Amex Plat, AA Gold, SPG Gold, Hyatt Gold, HHonors Gold, Carlson Gold
Originally Posted by binnycode
I don't really know. I assume it was due to not using it but I never got any notification it was closed. Just logged in one day and saw.
Were there any funds left on the card? Cards with zero funds get closed after 90 days of inactivity. If this is the case leave a couple of bucks on the card next time.
Old Jul 28, 2014, 5:36 am

I've already used for numerous transactions. I knew I was buying something for $800 so I called before so they wouldn't put a fraud alert on. I did call Chase to verify that I don't have any fraud alerts and my cash advance is $5000. This is why I can't figure out why it's not working. My Chase sapphire works and all the info is the same on both accounts.
As data point, my United Chase, which I had been using for all sorts of things would also not go through for either NWbuxx or USBank Buxx. Just swapped out for another card...
Old Jul 28, 2014, 6:15 am

Any idea on to resolve?
Unfortunately no. I would ring them, but it's not that important to me to be able to use the card, so I'll just use something else. If you have a Chase Sapphire Preferred or Ink Plus/Bold, you can use those and just transfer the points to United afterwards.
Old Jul 28, 2014, 6:22 am

Thanks!

For all the responses. I guess I will just forget about using the United card and stick with the CSP.

At least it's only $2000 spend to get the bonus.
Old Jul 28, 2014, 8:58 am

I am new to VISA Buxx by US Bank. Yesterday I submitted an application using hidden link. I never received any confirmation email or temporary authorization charge on my credit card.

When I tried to login online with user id that I have created, it gave me an error message that "Your account has been locked due to incorrect login information."

How long one has to wait to receive confirmation email or card to arrive at your door stapes? Should online account access work immediately?

I do not want to call customer service to alert them. So any input will be appreciated.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.