Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 11, 2014, 12:26 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ed765
USB Buxx

(NOTE: stopped taking new applications ~mid February 2014 through the official link.
Current users can still add new cards.)

• Initial purchase fee: $15 + $2.50 load fee
  • Load fee: $2.50 per load, $517.50 max load per transaction ($520 charge to card)
  • Max load per day: $2,000 per CC
  • Max load per rolling 30 days: $2,000 per card, but $5k per CC (if you have multiple teen cards.)
    NOTE: The rolling 30 days is also time sensitive. For example, if you loaded on 9/1 at 2 PM local time and try to load on 10/1 at 12 PM local time, it will NOT work. You must load on 10/1 at 2 PM or later.
  • Max value at any time: $2,000
  • Max ATM withdraw: $200, max 3 ATM per day ($600 total). No fee at US Bank ATMs. Other 'Plus' or Visa ATM $1.50 + ATM fee.
  • You may only add/edit two new credit/debit payment methods every 24 hours, three every 30 days and 5 every 180 days.

Also - Answer ALL the identification questions in your profile (not JUST three or four) USBuxx will sometimes ask you one of the questions, if you use the account on a new computer. HOWEVER - they are more than happy to ask you an unanswered question - talk about BROKEN! So, answer ALL the questions so that when you are prompted - you can answer any of them.

Do not load with any US Bank card as this will not provide points.
Citi codes as purchase and earns points for US Bank

NW Buxx

• Initial purchase fee: $5 (waived with promo code: 02050053)
  • $2 load fee
  • Max load per day: $500
  • Max load per rolling 30 days: $1,000
  • The maximum Card value is $1,000.00
  • Max ATM per week: ($200 - but only if specifically enabled online, including PIN setup). No fee for some Allpoint ATMs (no way to know in advance if the Allpoint ATM will ding you $1; check your account carefully and call if necessary to reverse the $1 charge…IME 2/3 Allpoint ATMs do charge the fee).
  • Max spend per 7 rolling days: $800

Max # of CC on file for both is 2. Each has a max # of loads per card per 7 day rolling period (~3/4). If you card fails to load, first try to switch to another CC, second check to make sure there are at least 7 calendar days between loads.

Reports of Citi cards (at least Mastercard) coding as purchase for NW Buxx (Jan 2015), but YMMV.

TD Bank Go Buxx

Dead - "members will only be able to load TD Go Card(s) using a TD Bank Debit or Credit Card, or by direct deposit."

• Initial purchase fee: $4.95 + $1 load fee.
  • Max load per day: $500
  • Max load per 7 days: $2,000
  • Max load per rolling 30 days: $3,000
  • Max per ATM withdraw: $60/week. (No fee at TD Bank.)
  • Max balance: $2,000
  • Max transactions: no limit
  • Max load per funding CC (across multiple teens): only via TD CC $6,000 per 30 days

Limits are per teen card, not per master account

States not supported.

AL, AK, AS, AZ, AR, CA, CO, FM, GA, GU, HI, ID, IL, IN, IA, KS, KY, LA, MI, MN, MS, MO, MT, NE, NV, NM, ND, MP, OH, OK, OR, PW, PR, SD, TN, TX, UT, VI, WA, WV, WI, WY
According to thread, USPS MOs count against the ATM withdraw limit.
Citi codes as purchase and earns points for TD Bank loads.
Citi with some cards including the Exec will keep your order as pending and it will take up Credit limit for 3 to 4 weeks.

Beginning September 3, 2014, we're making changes to the TD GO Card program.
•We're decreasing the reload limit. We're reducing the per-day reload amount from $1,000 to $500. Rest assured, your maximum card balance at any time will remain at $2,000.
•We're changing how you can fund your TD Go Card. Account owners and friends and family members will only be able to load TD Go Card(s) using a TD Bank Debit or Credit Card, or by direct deposit.

Do not create too many accounts too fast. Some reports of account shutdown when same SSN used across multiple cards / accounts in a short period of time.
Print Wikipost

VISA Buxx

Search this Thread

Old May 28, 2014, 12:36 pm

Programs: SPG Plat. Marriott Plat. Hilton Diamond. Hyatt Diamond. IHG Plat.
Originally Posted by Ayase
That was quick, thanks.
What about two teens in one account?
No problems here.
Old May 28, 2014, 3:34 pm

Programs: All of em...
Originally Posted by Ayase
Is it safe to open two USB Buxx cards?
I already have one, deciding whether to open one more or not.
At your own risk... Just add teens instead of dealing with more logins.

Originally Posted by f0xx
There was reports that multiple accounts with multiple teens prompted shutdown of all three accounts in ~6 months.
YMMV...
Old May 28, 2014, 3:39 pm

Programs: SPG Plat. Marriott Plat. Hilton Diamond. Hyatt Diamond. IHG Plat.
Originally Posted by x712xdamx
YMMV...
Thanks Captain Obvious.
Old May 28, 2014, 3:50 pm

Programs: DL PLT, AS 75k, AA Exec Plat
No problems here.
I have 3 US Bank accounts in various people's names (various addresses, everything) all with multiple teens, plus multiple teens for Nationwide and TD Bank. No issues.
Old May 28, 2014, 9:08 pm

Programs: All of em...
Thanks Captain Obvious.
Just saying, I think there's probably a much higher number of non-shut down people on here w/numerous accounts than the few who've been shut down. Will US Bank eventually lay the hammer down on us b/c it's a discontinued product? Maybe...
Old May 28, 2014, 9:19 pm

Programs: USAir, UA, AA, BA, Hyatt, HHonors, SPG, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by x712xdamx
Just saying, I think there's probably a much higher number of non-shut down people on here w/numerous accounts than the few who've been shut down. Will US Bank eventually lay the hammer down on us b/c it's a discontinued product? Maybe...
Quite the interesting combination of topics on the blog I must say
Old May 28, 2014, 9:19 pm
Suspended

Programs: Amex Plat, AA Gold, SPG Gold, Hyatt Gold, HHonors Gold, Carlson Gold
Originally Posted by floressalicis
I have 3 US Bank accounts in various people's names (various addresses, everything) all with multiple teens, plus multiple teens for Nationwide and TD Bank. No issues.
Any with the same SSN on more than one account? i.e. Account holder SSN is a teen SSN on another account? I have 6 SSNs to work with so I'm trying to figure out the best strategy. Also, anyone have any idea if they check the name versus the SSN or just check the SSN is valid? Would be convenient if I could use all male first names for any time I want to use these in public.
Old May 28, 2014, 10:12 pm

Originally Posted by payeco
Any with the same SSN on more than one account? i.e. Account holder SSN is a teen SSN on another account? I have 6 SSNs to work with so I'm trying to figure out the best strategy. Also, anyone have any idea if they check the name versus the SSN or just check the SSN is valid? Would be convenient if I could use all male first names for any time I want to use these in public.
No same SSNs. I used my parents real information to open accounts for them for US Bank. I used different SSNs as teens, but all the teens are in my name. No validation when I created my army of teens, but apparently TD Bank might be cracking down on this.
Old May 29, 2014, 6:50 am

Originally Posted by nutumiles
Data point:
Applied for TD bank with my own name (both parent and teen), got the card in the mail in a couple of days and it was activated; 2 days after receiving, I tried loading it and my account was invalidated. Called the help line and was told that the account has been closed as it was in the SAME name as the parent. I was also told that I can re-apply but obviously with an "actual" teen as the card holder.
This is contrary to some people reporting that you can get away as the teen yourself - evidently not!
Hope this helps!

Just to confirm as the above resulted in a shut down.
So If I wanted to open TD buzz for myself only. I can still use same SSN for both parent and myself as teen then use my name as parent and just add a middle initial to the teen name to make it slightly different. That should still work right?
Ex. Parent: Tom Jones
Teen: Tom Y. Jones (same SSN as parent)
Old May 29, 2014, 7:01 am

Originally Posted by floressalicis
No same SSNs. I used my parents real information to open accounts for them for US Bank. I used different SSNs as teens, but all the teens are in my name. No validation when I created my army of teens

Just curious. Setting up an army of teens for yourself but all under your real parents accts means only your parents will benefit on the miles as only the parents funding all the teen accts actual get miles. Just curious how do you benefit from all this work. Do you also have other accts set up in reverse so that you also benefit on the miles, where you are the parent and you sign up your real parents as the teens?
Old May 29, 2014, 7:33 am

Originally Posted by tomcanada22
So If I wanted to open TD buzz for myself only. I can still use same SSN for both parent and myself as teen then use my name as parent and just add a middle initial to the teen name to make it slightly different. That should still work right?
This is exactly what I did, no problems so far.
Old May 29, 2014, 7:37 am

Just curious. Setting up an army of teens for yourself but all under your real parents accts means only your parents will benefit on the miles as only the parents funding all the teen accts actual get miles.
One way to deal with this would be to have his parents as authorized user's on his accounts.
Old May 29, 2014, 8:31 am

Originally Posted by waygora
This is exactly what I did, no problems so far.
Thanks
Old May 29, 2014, 8:38 am

This is how I have it:

Parent: Jon Doe
Teen 1: Jon Doe
Teen 2: John A. Doe

All same SSN.
Old May 29, 2014, 9:14 am

Just curious. Setting up an army of teens for yourself but all under your real parents accts means only your parents will benefit on the miles as only the parents funding all the teen accts actual get miles. Just curious how do you benefit from all this work. Do you also have other accts set up in reverse so that you also benefit on the miles, where you are the parent and you sign up your real parents as the teens?
Sorry, too early in the morning. Let me clarify, I have a US Bank, Nationwide, and TD Bank buxx accounts with me as the parent and random SSNs as the teens under my name - my info is real, the 11 teens info were not validated. I do also have two US Bank accounts in my parents' name with multiple teens (all in my name). They are setup as AUs on biz cards, but right now I'm meeting their BA spend for them. Since BA lets you pool miles, I do get to benefit.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.