Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 11, 2014, 12:26 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ed765
USB Buxx

(NOTE: stopped taking new applications ~mid February 2014 through the official link.
Current users can still add new cards.)

• Initial purchase fee: $15 + $2.50 load fee
  • Load fee: $2.50 per load, $517.50 max load per transaction ($520 charge to card)
  • Max load per day: $2,000 per CC
  • Max load per rolling 30 days: $2,000 per card, but $5k per CC (if you have multiple teen cards.)
    NOTE: The rolling 30 days is also time sensitive. For example, if you loaded on 9/1 at 2 PM local time and try to load on 10/1 at 12 PM local time, it will NOT work. You must load on 10/1 at 2 PM or later.
  • Max value at any time: $2,000
  • Max ATM withdraw: $200, max 3 ATM per day ($600 total). No fee at US Bank ATMs. Other 'Plus' or Visa ATM $1.50 + ATM fee.
  • You may only add/edit two new credit/debit payment methods every 24 hours, three every 30 days and 5 every 180 days.

Also - Answer ALL the identification questions in your profile (not JUST three or four) USBuxx will sometimes ask you one of the questions, if you use the account on a new computer. HOWEVER - they are more than happy to ask you an unanswered question - talk about BROKEN! So, answer ALL the questions so that when you are prompted - you can answer any of them.

Do not load with any US Bank card as this will not provide points.
Citi codes as purchase and earns points for US Bank

NW Buxx

• Initial purchase fee: $5 (waived with promo code: 02050053)
  • $2 load fee
  • Max load per day: $500
  • Max load per rolling 30 days: $1,000
  • The maximum Card value is $1,000.00
  • Max ATM per week: ($200 - but only if specifically enabled online, including PIN setup). No fee for some Allpoint ATMs (no way to know in advance if the Allpoint ATM will ding you $1; check your account carefully and call if necessary to reverse the $1 charge…IME 2/3 Allpoint ATMs do charge the fee).
  • Max spend per 7 rolling days: $800

Max # of CC on file for both is 2. Each has a max # of loads per card per 7 day rolling period (~3/4). If you card fails to load, first try to switch to another CC, second check to make sure there are at least 7 calendar days between loads.

Reports of Citi cards (at least Mastercard) coding as purchase for NW Buxx (Jan 2015), but YMMV.

TD Bank Go Buxx

Dead - "members will only be able to load TD Go Card(s) using a TD Bank Debit or Credit Card, or by direct deposit."

• Initial purchase fee: $4.95 + $1 load fee.
  • Max load per day: $500
  • Max load per 7 days: $2,000
  • Max load per rolling 30 days: $3,000
  • Max per ATM withdraw: $60/week. (No fee at TD Bank.)
  • Max balance: $2,000
  • Max transactions: no limit
  • Max load per funding CC (across multiple teens): only via TD CC $6,000 per 30 days

Limits are per teen card, not per master account

States not supported.

AL, AK, AS, AZ, AR, CA, CO, FM, GA, GU, HI, ID, IL, IN, IA, KS, KY, LA, MI, MN, MS, MO, MT, NE, NV, NM, ND, MP, OH, OK, OR, PW, PR, SD, TN, TX, UT, VI, WA, WV, WI, WY
According to thread, USPS MOs count against the ATM withdraw limit.
Citi codes as purchase and earns points for TD Bank loads.
Citi with some cards including the Exec will keep your order as pending and it will take up Credit limit for 3 to 4 weeks.

Beginning September 3, 2014, we're making changes to the TD GO Card program.
•We're decreasing the reload limit. We're reducing the per-day reload amount from $1,000 to $500. Rest assured, your maximum card balance at any time will remain at $2,000.
•We're changing how you can fund your TD Go Card. Account owners and friends and family members will only be able to load TD Go Card(s) using a TD Bank Debit or Credit Card, or by direct deposit.

Do not create too many accounts too fast. Some reports of account shutdown when same SSN used across multiple cards / accounts in a short period of time.
Print Wikipost

VISA Buxx

Search this Thread

Old May 27, 2014, 11:09 am

Programs: SPG Plat. Marriott Plat. Hilton Diamond. Hyatt Diamond. IHG Plat.
Originally Posted by jeremybe
HI - First - Thanks everyone for all the great tips here - Regarding the TD Bux card - I have mine loaded with 2000. - When going to WM can I purchase 1 money order for the full $2000 or do I have to make multiple purchases of $500 like an ATM withdrawl? I'm a little confused since it is a Debit card and not a Credit..

Also I've read not to send the MO directly to Chase? SO do you just deposit in your own accounts first?

Thanks for the Advice..
WM doesn't allow you to purchase a MO worth over $1k. So you'll need to do 2 x $1k MO.

As for the liquidation of the MO. That's up to you.
Old May 27, 2014, 11:11 am

Originally Posted by jeremybe
HI - First - Thanks everyone for all the great tips here - Regarding the TD Bux card - I have mine loaded with 2000. - When going to WM can I purchase 1 money order for the full $2000 or do I have to make multiple purchases of $500 like an ATM withdrawl? I'm a little confused since it is a Debit card and not a Credit..

Also I've read not to send the MO directly to Chase? SO do you just deposit in your own accounts first?

Thanks for the Advice..
Buying a MO is not an ATM withdrawl. A $1,000 MO is the highest MO that WM sells, so you will need to purchase two.
Old May 27, 2014, 11:19 am

TD Bank shut down

Data point:
Applied for TD bank with my own name (both parent and teen), got the card in the mail in a couple of days and it was activated; 2 days after receiving, I tried loading it and my account was invalidated. Called the help line and was told that the account has been closed as it was in the SAME name as the parent. I was also told that I can re-apply but obviously with an "actual" teen as the card holder.
This is contrary to some people reporting that you can get away as the teen yourself - evidently not!
Hope this helps!
Old May 27, 2014, 11:24 am

Originally Posted by nutumiles
Data point:
Applied for TD bank with my own name (both parent and teen), got the card in the mail in a couple of days and it was activated; 2 days after receiving, I tried loading it and my account was invalidated. Called the help line and was told that the account has been closed as it was in the SAME name as the parent. I was also told that I can re-apply but obviously with an "actual" teen as the card holder.
This is contrary to some people reporting that you can get away as the teen yourself - evidently not!
Hope this helps!
Interesting data point.

I have parent account in my name, along with two teen cards in my name.

Last edited by MileageAddict; May 27, 2014 at 1:36 pm Reason: not appropriate for FT
Old May 27, 2014, 11:27 am

Originally Posted by commdiver
Buying a MO is not an ATM withdrawl. A $1,000 MO is the highest MO that WM sells, so you will need to purchase two.
Thank you both!!
Old May 27, 2014, 12:34 pm

Originally Posted by f0xx
Interesting data point.
Either they've tightened up, or something went tits up.

I have parent account in my name, along with two teen cards in my name.
I think OP was saying that on the same account, they listed themselves as BOTH the parent and teen.
Whereas, I'm assuming you have an account where you're the parent (and someone else is the teen) and another account where you're the teen (and someone else is the parent)

Of course, I could be wrong...
Old May 27, 2014, 12:42 pm

Originally Posted by Tuppins
I think OP was saying that on the same account, they listed themselves as BOTH the parent and teen.
Whereas, I'm assuming you have an account where you're the parent (and someone else is the teen) and another account where you're the teen (and someone else is the parent)

Of course, I could be wrong...
Nope. My name as parent, "f0xx f. mcf0xxerson" as teen. "f0xx mcf0xxerson" as teen. Same SSN too. Only variation is no middle initial.

That's why I'm a little surprised by his shut down.
Old May 27, 2014, 10:36 pm

Does anyone know what time zone USB is in? EDT? CDT? MDT? PDT?
Old May 27, 2014, 11:01 pm

Programs: Plat IHG, Marriott Rewards Silver, CSP, Ink Bold, USDM, *Wood Gold, AA, Club Carl
I'm not sure but maybe since the T&Cs refer to the laws of the State of Ohio it should be EST?
Old May 27, 2014, 11:05 pm

Originally Posted by vodkashine
I'm not sure but maybe since the T&Cs refer to the laws of the State of Ohio it should be EST?
Might be the reason why my posts are showing as 5/28 when I loaded at 11PM CDT
Old May 27, 2014, 11:13 pm

Originally Posted by xiKiNGix
Any recent USB Buxx sign-ups actually receive their teen cards? Status for my teens still showing as "READY"/funded on the website. I've been waiting for 3 weeks now, trying to hold off calling in.
Just to add an update, I called last week since it had been over a month. I explained to the CSR my situation, she apologized and said she would have them resent and that she would request to waive the $10 card replacement fee. Got the cards today. ^^
Old May 28, 2014, 9:22 am

US Buxx backend is run by FIS, based in FL.
Old May 28, 2014, 12:10 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum, HHonors Diamond, DL Diamond Medallion
Is it safe to open two USB Buxx cards?
I already have one, deciding whether to open one more or not.
Old May 28, 2014, 12:11 pm

Originally Posted by Ayase
Is it safe to open two USB Buxx cards?
I already have one, deciding whether to open one more or not.
There was reports that multiple accounts with multiple teens prompted shutdown of all three accounts in ~6 months.
Old May 28, 2014, 12:14 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum, HHonors Diamond, DL Diamond Medallion
There was reports that multiple accounts with multiple teens prompted shutdown of all three accounts in ~6 months.
That was quick, thanks.
What about two teens in one account?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.