Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Simon Mall Gift Cards (2024 onwards)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 3, 2024, 1:55 pm
Original Poster

Simon Mall Gift Cards (2024 onwards)

MODERATOR NOTE: This thread is a continuation of the previous thread found at https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manu...9-onwards.html

Are the $1k Simon cards still available online? Just got my account reinstated after awhile of inactivity and don't see any options for $1k other than Amex cards.

Last edited by cbn42; Jan 3, 2024 at 8:48 pm
Old Jan 3, 2024, 3:21 pm

Originally Posted by cvhatton
Are the $1k Simon cards still available online? Just got my account reinstated after awhile of inactivity and don't see any options for $1k other than Amex cards.
I can see them. When the Sutton's first rolled out, I emailed them to ask if they have them. The next day they showed up when I logged in.

I'm not sure if that's still required now.
Old Jan 3, 2024, 4:02 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by DWin19
I can see them. When the Sutton's first rolled out, I emailed them to ask if they have them. The next day they showed up when I logged in.

I'm not sure if that's still required now.

Thanks!!! I will shoot them an email and inquire about it. The $1k is nowhere on my account.
Old Jan 4, 2024, 9:43 am

Programs: AA, UA, Marriott, Hyatt
Originally Posted by cvhatton
Thanks!!! I will shoot them an email and inquire about it. The $1k is nowhere on my account.
I emailed and got no response but they were able to add them on the phone fairly quick. FYI these cards are different than the old ones so YMMV on where they work.
Old Jan 5, 2024, 1:31 pm

Can users with Simon Mall personal accounts get 1K gift cards online or do you all have business accounts?
Old Jan 5, 2024, 6:57 pm

Originally Posted by peterrudy
Can users with Simon Mall personal accounts get 1K gift cards online or do you all have business accounts?
I don't think you can with a personal account. I have a business/volume account.
Old Jan 7, 2024, 1:41 pm

Strange denial DP and Question

I tried to sign up for Simon and had a strange experience.

I tried to sign up with my Citi card, then started having tons of issues with Citi no matter where I shopped. Add to that, DPs here say Citi doesn't like Simon. Oof....

I got my approval for in-store purchase. i wrote CS and asked "how do I change the card I want to use? Should I go through sign up again with the new card?". CSR said "It doesn't matter, use any card you like" which didn't match what I had read here.

Went to mall, tried my Citi card and got declined. Used a different card to finish the purchase. It went through fine.

Later got an email denying my online account. No reason why. I write back to ask why, and ask for reconsideration. Radio silence. They just stopped responding to me. What gives?

Q: anyone seen something like this before?
Q: what should I do next? Reapply with different card?

TIA!
​​​​​​​
Old Jan 8, 2024, 8:16 am

Programs: Continental Onepass, Hilton, Marriott, USAir and now UA
Originally Posted by SailorJoe
I tried to sign up for Simon and had a strange experience.

I tried to sign up with my Citi card, then started having tons of issues with Citi no matter where I shopped. Add to that, DPs here say Citi doesn't like Simon. Oof....

I got my approval for in-store purchase. i wrote CS and asked "how do I change the card I want to use? Should I go through sign up again with the new card?". CSR said "It doesn't matter, use any card you like" which didn't match what I had read here.

Went to mall, tried my Citi card and got declined. Used a different card to finish the purchase. It went through fine.

Later got an email denying my online account. No reason why. I write back to ask why, and ask for reconsideration. Radio silence. They just stopped responding to me. What gives?

Q: anyone seen something like this before?
Q: what should I do next? Reapply with different card?

TIA!
SailorJoe If you search my threads on this topic, you will find that I posted many times about my trials and tribulations using my Citi card to buy VGCs at Simon mall.
It took several years...yes years to get Citi to stop declining my purchases from Simon, and no matter how often I called prior to purchase and no matter how often the rep on the other side of the line said I was good to go, I wasn't.
I finally gave up using this card and switched to another, but they finally relented ( I guess I paid them on time often enough to get me off the suspect list )
The other infuriating thing with this was that once declined, Simon refused to let me use the card again for that purchase, even when Citi said it was good to go.
My only advice. Use the card organically, pay your bills on time and keep trying. At some point they will stop declining your card, unless you are trying to buy $10K in cards. At that, they may balk.
Old Jan 8, 2024, 8:41 am

What are you guys using those for? My understanding is they do not work for SUBs on Amex and only get 1x, 1.5x or 2x (for the others like Chase, C1 or Citi etc) max depending on the card. The VGCs and MCGCs (of course not easy to liquidate for MO etc.) are better due to 5x on Chase when using the ink cards.

Last edited by 05fuelmyopic; Jan 8, 2024 at 9:49 am
Old Jan 8, 2024, 9:36 am

Originally Posted by 05fuelmyopic
do not work for SUBs on Amex and only get 1x, 1.5x or 2x max
0x Max
cuthroat likes this.
Old Jan 8, 2024, 9:49 am

Originally Posted by Alcibiades
0x Max
Yes, I meant 1x etc for others (like Citi, C1 or Chase). I also updated my previous post so that it is more clear.
Old Jan 8, 2024, 2:59 pm

What are you guys using those for? .
Loyalty points on AA for status
Old Jan 8, 2024, 3:00 pm

Originally Posted by radonc1
Loyalty points on AA for status
Which credit card do you recommend for that?
Old Jan 9, 2024, 4:23 am

Which credit card do you recommend for that?
I would suggest reading the Wiki on the following and then perusing the thread. Everything you need to know
Citi AA Cards
Jrodri02 likes this.
Old Jan 9, 2024, 4:57 pm

Hubby purchased VGCs @ SM (fee free) and emailed Simon as told to, this was 2 weeks ago and havent heard nothin since , we even left a couple of VMs.

Is there any way to move this along? or are we doomed to only 500s at a mall?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.