Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 1, 2019, 2:14 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FreakingFlyer
When reporting/posting here please give as many details as you can or you will be asked for it anyways. Copy and paste the text below and alter as needed.

1. SHUTdn by Bank, Credit Card info. (@m3x, chs3 ,c1t1 and brcl@y)
2. Length of account before closure and CL?
3. Average monthly account balance checking and savings?
4. Volume of ms per month and how many months?
5. Cycle CL?
6. Did you BP using both options?
- BP by issuing bank (@m3x, chs3, c1t1 and brcl@y)
- BP by Vis/MC
7. Did you spell out the bank's full name in an internet forum?
Print Wikipost

2019 Shutdown Thread

Search this Thread

Old May 1, 2019, 1:11 pm

Do you get your money back after shutdown? (sorry for the noob question)
Old May 1, 2019, 1:20 pm

Got my points and any money that was credited back to me I got also.
Old May 1, 2019, 4:58 pm

scratch
Old May 1, 2019, 5:00 pm

Originally Posted by MiaSkye89
Several years ago, a bank, lets say Bank A, shut me down because of MO deposit (they didnt say that but all I was doing was depositing, and paying credit cards)
A recent attempt to get an account with Bank A was declined.

I have another bank, lets say Bank B, that I have been depositing MO for years and bill pay, credit cards, etc for years without hardly an issue. The only issue with Bank B was early on when the bank manager called me and asked what I was doing with all the MO deposits, I explained to him what I was doing, and now the manager (now a regional manager with Bank B) does MS himself after I showed him how.

But now, announcements are being made that Bank A and Bank B are merging. Should I be worried?

Bank B is not my primary bank for paycheck, bills drafted ect (dont s*** where you eat and all)
Good luck with Bank B. They just shut my biz checking down and I never deposited MO's into it. I'm calling corporate tomorrow but I think I know what happened. I had a personal checking (I pushed MO's through) with Bank B and had zero issues with until it was compromised with fraudulent activity around February which I ended up closing but leaving the biz checking active (a month or so later I get the biz shutdown letter). I believe that put eyes on both my accounts. Bummer since Bank A I've been shutdown from for years and was hoping for a backdoor re-entry.

Last edited by philsthril; May 1, 2019 at 5:09 pm
Old May 6, 2019, 3:40 pm

Shut down by CS 1.5 years ago. Anyone has any idea about my chances to reopen accounts with them.
The only reason i am asking as I just want their debit card back.
Old May 6, 2019, 7:21 pm

Programs: Continental Onepass, Hilton, Marriott, USAir and now UA
Originally Posted by touristtrap
Shut down by CS 1.5 years ago. Anyone has any idea about my chances to reopen accounts with them.
Why not try and simply open a new checking/savings account on-line with the bank in question. You will find out soon enough if you can open a new account with them.
I suspect (as you do) that the answer to that question is no, but it never hurts to try. You won't be any worse off after the failed attempt
Old May 7, 2019, 11:37 pm

Originally Posted by touristtrap
You will find out the most efficient method is to open an account at the bank in ur local wmt.. go to wmt but gebits, then head to mc and buy mo then off to the bank.
Old May 21, 2019, 10:02 pm

chs3 shutdown triggered by new cc app, but fortunately reinstated a week later. Advice on reconning that cc app: Y/N?
Old May 22, 2019, 5:54 am

My advice would be to give and receive. You're asking for advice, which I'm sure some of us will be glad to provide, but I'm also sure many of us would appreciate a data point on your stats -- recent CC openings as well as within the past 24 months, manufactured spending activity if any, etc. -- as well.
Old May 22, 2019, 6:54 am

Originally Posted by I can see for miles
My advice would be to give and receive. You're asking for advice, which I'm sure some of us will be glad to provide, but I'm also sure many of us would appreciate a data point on your stats -- recent CC openings as well as within the past 24 months, manufactured spending activity if any, etc. -- as well.
Recent CC openings:
CIP: 2/21/19
MPE: 2/21/19
A+: 2/21/19
IHG app triggering shutdown: 4/30/19

Past 24 months:
Delta Gold: 6/23/17
BBP: 6/23/17
BRG: 6/23/17
Citi AA Biz: 3/5/2018
CIP SSN: 4/4/18
Citi AA biz: 6/11/18
CIC: 9/4/18
BoA Cash rewards biz: 9/6/18
Hilton Biz: 9/6/18
Citi AA biz: 9/17/18
United biz: 11/25/18
Citi AA biz: 1/9/19

Oldest account is a 12 yr Freedom, no bank accounts w/them, no CL cycling or BP, light MS mostly on BBP, Ink 5x Office and old SPG card (130k total in 2018), used MS to meet all MSR.

2/24 at the time of IHG app but had just maxed Q2 5x on 3 Freedoms so it triggered high revolving balance (mistake in hindsight), but honestly thought this was lightweight churning compared to other DPs.
Old May 22, 2019, 3:51 pm

Thanks for the DP. If it were me, unless I didn't value the Chase cards I had more than the IHG, I'd probably not try recon and -- depending on what else 5/24 is keeping me from -- submit another Chase application after those recent same-day CC applications and openings have aged.
Old May 22, 2019, 4:01 pm

I'd try a recon and ask them to lower your limits if that helps. Plus if you have a legit business, perhaps you could convince them.

Last edited by cvas; May 22, 2019 at 11:05 pm
Old May 22, 2019, 11:04 pm

If they reinstated you. I would not do anything stupid like recon/ put major charges on your cards. Goal is not human scrutiny!

Stop being greedy
Old May 31, 2019, 11:33 pm

Programs: AA Exp, but not sure for how long. Enterprise Platinum woo-hoo!
Question for those experienced. I've had plenty of shutdowns and am used to them.

I did an end run with one of the CC vendors that shut me down and had my brother open an account with them. It's a 2% cb biz card and I've been buying lots of gc's online with it. They had a stupendous signup bonus which I let him keep.

The bank called him last week, I think about 10 days ago. He told them (correctly) that he's both an attorney and a local politician, and I don't know what else he said. One can easily imagine how an attorney could use gift cards as a way to disburse funds to clients. I don't know exactly what he said, but I'm pretty sure he didn't lie - he was just vague.

Here's my question. In my experience, if they're going to shut you down they do it pretty quickly. Do they ever kick it upstairs to a higher-up who calls again? Or if you get past this hurdle are you pretty much in the clear?

It doesn't matter really, I mean they will do what they do.
Old Jun 1, 2019, 7:07 pm

Originally Posted by redtop43
It doesn't matter really, I mean they will do what they do.
Or you could ramp up slowly and not burn bridges ...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.