Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 9, 2018, 7:46 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: IAD_flyer
This is a new thread for 2018. The previous discussion can be found here.

As of Nov 11, 2020, Meta gebits are getting declined when used for MO/BP purchases at MC/SD. New limit appears to be $99 per swipe. READ the posts below and add a data point with details. USB and GD gift cards do not seem to be affected.

DETAILS:
As of Dec 2019, WM BP in-store is reportedly affected by the $8000 total limit across all cards.
As of Nov 1, 2018, WM Billpay made via the WM app is limited to a total of $8000 total per person to all accounts per rolling 30 days.

Sep 13 2021 : If WM App is updated with no money services , then use the following for Android phone to get the working version.

https://www.apkmirror.com/?post_type...ge=1&s=walmart
My working version is 21.12 (21120123)
Fyr : https://www.androidpolice.com/2021/0...n-app-android/

This workaround no longer works.

Bill Pay cannot be done at a regular register. BP must be done at Customer Service/Returns or at the Money Center in stores that have it.
WM offers two BP services: CheckFreePAY and MoneyGram. The cashier can initiate CheckFreePAY by selecting Money Services followed by Bill Pay on the register for a fee of $1-1.88. Moneygram is $4.99.
ONLY 4 successful debit card swipes can pay for a transaction. ONLY 5 payments per 16 digit account number per rolling 30 days.
CheckFreePay (800) 676-6148. - Look up payments using CC number and time of transaction
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BP by phone number lookup- Once your CFP account is set up, you can add CC. When you want to BP give them your phone# to look up your account under Money Services. They often get confused and think you want MG, but just say it is under Money Services. Make sure you get 2 receipts, one from WM and a small one from CFP showing the CC# and Biller name you paid.

WM App - The Money Services works in express lane for Bill Pay.

Receipt tips: If you don't get a receipt and they have to print you one, make sure the CC you paid appears on the printed receipt. If not on receipt, call CFP with the manager to verify there is no payment processing. They can cancel any transactions and pay you in cash right away. If they cancel the transaction and their cash drawer opens, that means they should pay you in cash, if it doesn't open, the money will probably return to your cards. Not sure what happens on the same day? Watch their drawer when they cancel the transaction to see if it opens. If they say the money will return to your DC, make sure to write down the managers name in case it doesn't.

Payments:
Most cc can be paid 5 times by Visa/MC and 5 times by the issuing bank in rolling 30 days with a total of 10. There might be an 8K limit per rolling 30 days starting Oct 2018.

BUSINESS DAY transaction completion time is 18:59:59 EST (Holidays change post day)

Friday after 06:59PM EST, until Monday BEFORE 07:00PM EST arrives Tuesday
Tuesday BEFORE 7:00PM arrives Wednesday
Wednesday BEFORE 07:00PM arrives Thursday
Thursday BEFORE 07:00PM arrives Friday
Friday BEFORE 07:00PM arrives Monday
But when a next-day payment will post and be visible depends upon the CC issuer.

--------------------------------------------------------------
Choose to pay by Visa/MC card issuer OR by issuing bank - see the 2 sections below.

:-:VISA and MC - card issuer-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If your particular card isn't on the list below, try "VISA" or "MASTERCARD."

"VISA" and "MASTERCARD" payee can no longer be found by search at some stores. If the employee can no longer find "VISA" or "MASTERCARD" by searching in CheckFreePAY, then you cannot pay either, end of story.

Following do not work:

Any and all Vanilla VISA, Vanilla MC, and OneVanilla VISA.
Glimcher VISA MASTERCARD
$1.50 next day.

Works:Bank of America Cash Rewards Business MC
Barclay (Arrival, US Airways) MC - Posts at 11PM EST, credit available 1AM EST
Chase Business Ink Bold MC
Citi AAdvantage (Platinum Select, Executive, Business) MC - Posts at 3AM EST (+1 day)
Citi ThankYou Preferred MC
Citi AT&T MC
CitiBusiness Platinum Select MC

Does not work:Barclay Business US Airways MC - NOT PAYABLE - tried 2x
VISA
$1.50 next day.

Works:Barclay Priceline VS
Chase (Amazon, Freedom, Sapphire Preferred, United, Slate) VS - Posts at 11PM EST
Chase Business Ink Bold VS, Chase Ink Plus
Citi (AAdvantage, Dividend, ThankYou Preferred) VS
FIA Fidelity VS
PNC CashBuilder VS
US Bank (Cash+, Club Carlson, Flexperks) VS
Navy Federal Credit Union Visa
Wells Fargo Cashback VS
Does not work:TD Bank VS - [Source]
Alliant Credit Union Cashback Visa Signature
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
:-:Issuing Bank--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Discover - Use for all Discover network cards
$1.50 next day, $1.00 three days.

American Express AMEX cards(SPG, BC, BCE, BCP, etc) cannot be paid through CheckFreePAY. Some AMEX cards issued by other banks can be paid, but they can be paid using MoneyGram for $4.99

Barclay Listed under barclay - need biller zip - $1.50 next day, $1.00 three days

Bank of America Credit Cards - Use for BoA-issued; will not work for BofA Small Business cards.
$1.50 next day, $1.00 three days. (Will require a ZIP but apparently yours will work as well as theirs, which is 19886)
Works:

BoA Alaska Airlines VisaDoes not work:

BofA Asiana Business card
Capital One
$1.50 next day.

Personal and business CCs
Elan Financial Services
$1.50 next day.

Fidelity Visa
PNC Bank - Use for PNC-issued Visa network cards
$1.50 next day, $1.00 three days.

PNC CashBuilder VS
Warning: Some users have reported being shutdown for using bill pay services.

Print Wikipost

Billpay at Walmart (2018 onwards)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 7, 2019, 5:44 pm

Programs: AA Exp, but not sure for how long. Enterprise Platinum woo-hoo!
Originally Posted by coolguy100
Can I Billpay capital one visa card under payee "Visa" instead of issuing bank "Capital One"? thanks

the answer is yes...payment already received.
Capital One is not the only vendor for which this extremely useful trick works. It works for Visa and Mastercard, but not for Discover.
horseymen and Prometheus77 like this.
Old Aug 7, 2019, 6:26 pm

Originally Posted by redtop43
Capital One is not the only vendor for which this extremely useful trick works. It works for Visa and Mastercard, but not for Discover.
FYI, there are Visa cards that can't be paid as Visa and Mastercards that can't be paid as Mastercards.
Old Aug 7, 2019, 7:30 pm

Programs: All of them
Originally Posted by redtop43
Why do that when just paying "Capital One" works.
Old Aug 9, 2019, 11:24 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott/SPG Platinum
can Banco Popular Lifemile Visa card be BPed? going to test out myself.
Old Aug 10, 2019, 1:28 pm

can Banco Popular Lifemile Visa card be BPed? going to test out myself.
of course but maybe not through Banco popular
Old Aug 10, 2019, 5:09 pm

It appears that some people on some private forums have gotten their feelings hurt over this thread - the idea that you can do more than 8k a month in bill pays makes the elite very angry. So, if you enjoy making the gatekeepers angry, I'd keep on that discussion and share all the datapoints.

SavingsWizard - you are very wise in your assumption! I still have some to learn about multi-use payees myself like Capital One.
msp3 likes this.
Old Aug 10, 2019, 5:13 pm

can we billpay a bank debit card, so the payment gets deposited to the checking account directly?
Might be wise to only send a penny for a science experiment if you're going to do this instead of sending a substantial amount - so you don't feel obligated to try to chase down a refund if it doesn't work, and you're only out $1.51 in the name of science.
BLoch12 likes this.
Old Aug 10, 2019, 5:16 pm

Originally Posted by skaterr03
Apologies if this in the wrong thread, but reading through this thread I had a question. I understand the focus of the thread is using WMBP to pay certain CC's. However, I see that my mortgage company is listed as a payee in the app. Is there any reason not to get the $25k or so a year of MS I could get by paying my mortgage this way?
Another issue you might have is that your mortgage company many not like smaller payments. Back in the five back days, I had a lot of $25 dollar cards to get rid of - and I tried to pay my mortgage and student loans via Plastiq - and that was a massive nightmare which resulted in 500+ refunds. Of course, if your mortgage can be made in one bill pay total - it might be a non-issue, assuming it works.
Old Aug 10, 2019, 5:16 pm

someone told me if not using walmart BP app, doing manually doesn't have any monthly limit....I never tried it myself.
Love good quotes!
Old Aug 11, 2019, 12:04 am

Originally Posted by horseymen
Another issue you might have is that your mortgage company many not like smaller payments. Back in the five back days, I had a lot of $25 dollar cards to get rid of - and I tried to pay my mortgage and student loans via Plastiq - and that was a massive nightmare which resulted in 500+ refunds. Of course, if your mortgage can be made in one bill pay total - it might be a non-issue, assuming it works.
mortgage company is likely to want to document where the funds are coming from and MOs may create questions. Some mortgages only allow one payment/month.

i cashed out 100+ 5-backs at Home Depot in a single transaction. Then the $1.25s were the real pain.
Old Aug 11, 2019, 12:55 am

Originally Posted by Chelski

mortgage company is likely to want to document where the funds are coming from and MOs may create questions. Some mortgages only allow one payment/month.

i cashed out 100+ 5-backs at Home Depot in a single transaction. Then the $1.25s were the real pain.
I had a nice script to get those through Amazon.

My vote, BTW MS Squad - is let him stay - your self importance is amusing. Y'all have been compromised from the start.
Old Aug 12, 2019, 10:44 am

Programs: AA ExPlat. Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
New to WMBP and have read the WIKI and entire thread. Some info seems obvious while some a little unclear. I have done 2 CFP to my Alaska Card with no issue following the WIKI directions. Just waiting for the second one to post. I have a great relationship with the CSR people so will be doing manual transacctions and use the APP for Biller information. Questions I have to clarify are below:
1- Is it accurate that with on DLor PP# driven account I can pay multiple, lets say 3 credit card accounts, using CFP utilizing the traditional 8k/5 transactions/30 rolling period?
2- Is it accurate that only 1 card can be paid in a single account driven by DL or PP# with limits listed above?
3- 30 day rolling period, I was told by one CSR that it started on your first BP transaction but she seemed to be very unsure when she told me this. Any data points on hard fast start of 30 day period.
4- Any recent DP on paying Amex Gold card? Seems to be very hit or miss, more miss with Amex
5- I see in Wiki Chase Freedom, Ink Plus, and Sapphire Reserve all work using the Visa next day. Have not seem them discussed this year and wondering if any data points to the contrary.
6- Any data points with Chase Hyatt, Citi Premier, and Citi Prestige? I don't see them listed in Wiki.
Old Aug 14, 2019, 6:05 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott/SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by edb55
New to WMBP and have read the WIKI and entire thread. Some info seems obvious while some a little unclear. I have done 2 CFP to my Alaska Card with no issue following the WIKI directions. Just waiting for the second one to post. I have a great relationship with the CSR people so will be doing manual transacctions and use the APP for Biller information. Questions I have to clarify are below:
1- Is it accurate that with on DLor PP# driven account I can pay multiple, lets say 3 credit card accounts, using CFP utilizing the traditional 8k/5 transactions/30 rolling period?
2- Is it accurate that only 1 card can be paid in a single account driven by DL or PP# with limits listed above?
3- 30 day rolling period, I was told by one CSR that it started on your first BP transaction but she seemed to be very unsure when she told me this. Any data points on hard fast start of 30 day period.
4- Any recent DP on paying Amex Gold card? Seems to be very hit or miss, more miss with Amex
5- I see in Wiki Chase Freedom, Ink Plus, and Sapphire Reserve all work using the Visa next day. Have not seem them discussed this year and wondering if any data points to the contrary.
6- Any data points with Chase Hyatt, Citi Premier, and Citi Prestige? I don't see them listed in Wiki.
nice summary, thanks.
Old Aug 15, 2019, 9:32 am
jk2

Noticed a strange thing with my Discover card: after BP posted, the available credit did not increase. My CL is $10K, balance is $0, but available credit only $2K. That's been for almost 4 days.

It was never the case before. Is it a bad sign? The card is working.
Old Aug 15, 2019, 2:29 pm

I did a $780 BP (1st time ever) set up through the mobile app. When I got to the store the person at MC checked my ID and typed in some stuff. Is this normal? I have never been asked for ID when I buy MO (max amount is only $750 though). I was able to swipe my Simon GC to successfully fund the BP though. Just the detailed checking kinda freaked me out. I thought they only did that if someone runs large amounts and is suspected of fraud or something.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.