Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 9, 2018, 7:46 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: IAD_flyer
This is a new thread for 2018. The previous discussion can be found here.

As of Nov 11, 2020, Meta gebits are getting declined when used for MO/BP purchases at MC/SD. New limit appears to be $99 per swipe. READ the posts below and add a data point with details. USB and GD gift cards do not seem to be affected.

DETAILS:
As of Dec 2019, WM BP in-store is reportedly affected by the $8000 total limit across all cards.
As of Nov 1, 2018, WM Billpay made via the WM app is limited to a total of $8000 total per person to all accounts per rolling 30 days.

Sep 13 2021 : If WM App is updated with no money services , then use the following for Android phone to get the working version.

https://www.apkmirror.com/?post_type...ge=1&s=walmart
My working version is 21.12 (21120123)
Fyr : https://www.androidpolice.com/2021/0...n-app-android/

This workaround no longer works.

Bill Pay cannot be done at a regular register. BP must be done at Customer Service/Returns or at the Money Center in stores that have it.
WM offers two BP services: CheckFreePAY and MoneyGram. The cashier can initiate CheckFreePAY by selecting Money Services followed by Bill Pay on the register for a fee of $1-1.88. Moneygram is $4.99.
ONLY 4 successful debit card swipes can pay for a transaction. ONLY 5 payments per 16 digit account number per rolling 30 days.
CheckFreePay (800) 676-6148. - Look up payments using CC number and time of transaction
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BP by phone number lookup- Once your CFP account is set up, you can add CC. When you want to BP give them your phone# to look up your account under Money Services. They often get confused and think you want MG, but just say it is under Money Services. Make sure you get 2 receipts, one from WM and a small one from CFP showing the CC# and Biller name you paid.

WM App - The Money Services works in express lane for Bill Pay.

Receipt tips: If you don't get a receipt and they have to print you one, make sure the CC you paid appears on the printed receipt. If not on receipt, call CFP with the manager to verify there is no payment processing. They can cancel any transactions and pay you in cash right away. If they cancel the transaction and their cash drawer opens, that means they should pay you in cash, if it doesn't open, the money will probably return to your cards. Not sure what happens on the same day? Watch their drawer when they cancel the transaction to see if it opens. If they say the money will return to your DC, make sure to write down the managers name in case it doesn't.

Payments:
Most cc can be paid 5 times by Visa/MC and 5 times by the issuing bank in rolling 30 days with a total of 10. There might be an 8K limit per rolling 30 days starting Oct 2018.

BUSINESS DAY transaction completion time is 18:59:59 EST (Holidays change post day)

Friday after 06:59PM EST, until Monday BEFORE 07:00PM EST arrives Tuesday
Tuesday BEFORE 7:00PM arrives Wednesday
Wednesday BEFORE 07:00PM arrives Thursday
Thursday BEFORE 07:00PM arrives Friday
Friday BEFORE 07:00PM arrives Monday
But when a next-day payment will post and be visible depends upon the CC issuer.

--------------------------------------------------------------
Choose to pay by Visa/MC card issuer OR by issuing bank - see the 2 sections below.

:-:VISA and MC - card issuer-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If your particular card isn't on the list below, try "VISA" or "MASTERCARD."

"VISA" and "MASTERCARD" payee can no longer be found by search at some stores. If the employee can no longer find "VISA" or "MASTERCARD" by searching in CheckFreePAY, then you cannot pay either, end of story.

Following do not work:

Any and all Vanilla VISA, Vanilla MC, and OneVanilla VISA.
Glimcher VISA MASTERCARD
$1.50 next day.

Works:Bank of America Cash Rewards Business MC
Barclay (Arrival, US Airways) MC - Posts at 11PM EST, credit available 1AM EST
Chase Business Ink Bold MC
Citi AAdvantage (Platinum Select, Executive, Business) MC - Posts at 3AM EST (+1 day)
Citi ThankYou Preferred MC
Citi AT&T MC
CitiBusiness Platinum Select MC

Does not work:Barclay Business US Airways MC - NOT PAYABLE - tried 2x
VISA
$1.50 next day.

Works:Barclay Priceline VS
Chase (Amazon, Freedom, Sapphire Preferred, United, Slate) VS - Posts at 11PM EST
Chase Business Ink Bold VS, Chase Ink Plus
Citi (AAdvantage, Dividend, ThankYou Preferred) VS
FIA Fidelity VS
PNC CashBuilder VS
US Bank (Cash+, Club Carlson, Flexperks) VS
Navy Federal Credit Union Visa
Wells Fargo Cashback VS
Does not work:TD Bank VS - [Source]
Alliant Credit Union Cashback Visa Signature
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
:-:Issuing Bank--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Discover - Use for all Discover network cards
$1.50 next day, $1.00 three days.

American Express AMEX cards(SPG, BC, BCE, BCP, etc) cannot be paid through CheckFreePAY. Some AMEX cards issued by other banks can be paid, but they can be paid using MoneyGram for $4.99

Barclay Listed under barclay - need biller zip - $1.50 next day, $1.00 three days

Bank of America Credit Cards - Use for BoA-issued; will not work for BofA Small Business cards.
$1.50 next day, $1.00 three days. (Will require a ZIP but apparently yours will work as well as theirs, which is 19886)
Works:

BoA Alaska Airlines VisaDoes not work:

BofA Asiana Business card
Capital One
$1.50 next day.

Personal and business CCs
Elan Financial Services
$1.50 next day.

Fidelity Visa
PNC Bank - Use for PNC-issued Visa network cards
$1.50 next day, $1.00 three days.

PNC CashBuilder VS
Warning: Some users have reported being shutdown for using bill pay services.

Print Wikipost

Billpay at Walmart (2018 onwards)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 13, 2018, 11:49 am

Originally Posted by Travelz
Have the manager search and print both the receipts/transactions using the day, time, which register & clerk as a reference. If the BP did not go through, you may not have received a receipt in the app for the second one. Do you have the cards you used to reference to the receipt? Once you have both receipts call CFP with the manager.

Already call CFP with the manger and CFP confirmed that the BP did not go through, but the problem is the Walmart manager claimed that he cannot find the $2000 on store's balance sheet so that cannot refund me cash.
Old Jan 13, 2018, 11:50 am

Originally Posted by FrankMS
Are you certain that the small CFP receipt was generated originally? Did you check the app after the transaction? I always take screen shots of my BP receipts the same day of the transaction.
I did not check at that time, I never thought the system will have BP issue, so I only know the App pops up the long receipt.
Old Jan 15, 2018, 6:36 pm

Programs: AA Exp, but not sure for how long. Enterprise Platinum woo-hoo!
I've been doing BP at WM lately. Since I can only do $2K a day in MO's, it's a way of liquidating more than that. For the past several days I paid $2K on my Fidelity Visa (Elan Financial Services) but today the system said something like "Customer's account cannot be paid at this time." I was a little worried since I've heard of people having accounts cancelled due to using BP. I called Elan and they said nothing was wrong with my account, they could see I had attempted to do the payment but they didn't know why it wasn't completed, and I was good to go tomorrow. I would be very unhappy if my card was cancelled, but I have a lot of money in Fidelity and I'm hoping that in this case, if I got cancelled, the Fidelity side would be able to intervene with the Elan side and get them to reinstate if I promise to not do again whatever they cancelled me for.
Old Jan 15, 2018, 7:16 pm

Programs: Lots
Originally Posted by redtop43
I've been doing BP at WM lately. Since I can only do $2K a day in MO's, it's a way of liquidating more than that. For the past several days I paid $2K on my Fidelity Visa (Elan Financial Services) but today the system said something like "Customer's account cannot be paid at this time." I was a little worried since I've heard of people having accounts cancelled due to using BP. I called Elan and they said nothing was wrong with my account, they could see I had attempted to do the payment but they didn't know why it wasn't completed, and I was good to go tomorrow. I would be very unhappy if my card was cancelled, but I have a lot of money in Fidelity and I'm hoping that in this case, if I got cancelled, the Fidelity side would be able to intervene with the Elan side and get them to reinstate if I promise to not do again whatever they cancelled me for.
Have you done 5 bill pays to that account?
Old Jan 16, 2018, 5:43 am

You have 0 hope of fidelity intervening on your behalf on the Elan side. If you don't want to lose your account, don't use it for MS, it is as simple as that.
Old Jan 16, 2018, 3:18 pm

Originally Posted by devastitis

Have you done 5 bill pays to that account?
I think so. Why is that significant?

I tried again today and it flunked again. I called Checkfreepay and they said there was no problem on their end.

To answer another post, I've been doing major MS on my Fidelity Visa (and Amex before that).
Old Jan 16, 2018, 3:50 pm

I think so. Why is that significant?

I tried again today and it flunked again. I called Checkfreepay and they said there was no problem on their end.

To answer another post, I've been doing major MS on my Fidelity Visa (and Amex before that).
as per wiki: “ONLY 5 payments per 16 digit account number per rolling 30 days.”
Old Jan 16, 2018, 4:10 pm

Ah. That explains it.

I'll have to see if there are other workarounds.
Old Jan 17, 2018, 5:11 am

I bill pay few payments on Saturday to Wells Fargo using next day and I'm surprised as of this morning it has not been posted.
Old Jan 17, 2018, 6:17 am

Originally Posted by Gitangali
I bill pay few payments on Saturday to Wells Fargo using next day and I'm surprised as of this morning it has not been posted.
Next Business Day...Monday was a holiday so it went out Tuesday. It will post Wed.
Gitangali likes this.
Old Jan 17, 2018, 7:46 am

Programs: Several dozen
If ST Delta DC, you aren't doing a real high volume (unless you have a fleet of cards). Try a new bank and an account with money coming into it other than MOs (like direct deposit or inbound transfers)?

Originally Posted by Stgermainparis
I’ve still got a Suntrust Skymiles debut card and can buy MO with no problem anywhere. My problem is liquidating those. Sigh. My bank gets fussy with too many MO deposits.
Old Jan 17, 2018, 7:56 am

Originally Posted by Gitangali
It should post today, but keep in mind:

But when a next-day payment will post and be visible depends upon the CC issuer.
Gitangali likes this.
Old Jan 17, 2018, 8:29 am

It posted today. I thought the Govt decided to mess with MSers. Let them keep paying and all those deposits go in IRS treasury. This would be their way of teaching MSers a lesson.
Old Jan 19, 2018, 5:59 pm

Today 2nd BP couldn't go through. After few tries I made a payment for some item with my CC at same register. After that bunch of payments were processes without issue.
Old Jan 19, 2018, 7:44 pm

Originally Posted by cashcyclone
Today 2nd BP couldn't go through. After few tries I made a payment for some item with my CC at same register. After that bunch of payments were processes without issue.
was it back to back?

it's a known issue thats in the wiki!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.