Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 5, 2018, 12:28 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Klemhuzzah
This is the thread for 2018.
The previous discussion from 2016 on this topic can be found here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manuf...thread-77.html
The thread for 2017 is here: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending/1825524-giftcardmall-master-thread-2017-a-97.html

Giftcardmall (and giftcards.com) now limit Visa loads to $250. No more $500 cards, Change happened sometime in 2020.

What portal is currently offering the highest payout for GCM?
Check cashbackmonitor and cashbackholic for current payouts. Be sure to review the T&C for GCM at each portal as some offer lower payouts for Visa GCs.

Amex gift cards cannot be used to buy Visa gift cards

VGC issued by metabank. Cards come activated.

-------------------------

Monthly Limit is 30K per GCM account for a revolving 30 days. Once you hit 15K, GCM will display a message on the screen letting you know you hit the limit.

Start out slow 1k and then another 1k - they will call to verify the card, and shipping address. Next order they will not call. Orders under 2k have free shipping.

If you get this error:

This transaction was not completed. The transaction was not submitted correctly, or has been declined by your card issuer. You can try again with a different card or review your payment information for any necessary corrections.

- A Few people report it is blocked for the day, try again the next day. MOST ppl report being permanently blocked. Or you entered a wrong 3-digit security number.
GCM recommends using the Chrome or Firefox browsers. Be sure you are not using an ad blocker and not disabling any cookie settings (3rd party, tracking, etc.) from the default or you may get this error.

Direct support Numbers is 877.426.2551

Warning: Orders can be lost or stolen. Call to have the cards reissued or canceled. Orders usually arrive in 5-10 days.

Check your cc for pending or posted payments and call about your order if you are concerned it is taking a long time for delivery. Sometimes GCM was taking up to 2 weeks for delivery.
Print Wikipost

GiftCardMall Master Thread (2018 onwards)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 5, 2018, 10:39 pm

Originally Posted by billybobson1402
My order today came in a BOX, not the usual priority envelope. It's so nice! 15 envelopes all neatly stacked in a perfect size box. Anyone else have this before?
What do you guys do with so many GC's ? Convert those to MO and deposit in bank?
Old Jan 6, 2018, 7:38 am

When you get that error, you need to wait 24 hours before trying again. That's the worst error to get because it locks up your credit limit for days. Your cc company is approving it, but for some reason GCM stops the transaction after the approval.
Old Jan 6, 2018, 8:26 am

Originally Posted by billybobson1402
My order today came in a BOX, not the usual priority envelope. It's so nice! 15 envelopes all neatly stacked in a perfect size box. Anyone else have this before?
IME, my orders with 15 or more envelopes always came in a brown box while those with 14 or less came in a regular USPS priority envelopes. My orders of <$2K always came in white envelopes with separate envelopes inside sent via first class mail. I prefer bulk orders and pay $10.95 for shipping for the convinience in draining them all at one time when I pick them up.

Originally Posted by james0071
What do you guys do with so many GC's ?
a. drain them to reloadable prepaids;
b. buy MOs;
c. if I have payees that accept DCs as payment, I register the VGCs and pay my bill by phone (we have different bills to pay, call each of your payee to find out).

I do NOT hoard VGCs for regular spend later to avoid issues of funds getting stolen; I drain funds within 48 hrs after I receive my online VGCs.
Old Jan 6, 2018, 8:35 am

My experience with locked up pending charges is the worse with C1ti cards. I know the charges won't post since I have no order number nor confirmation email of the transaction, calling GCM is the last thing I'll do. With Cit card, I just have to wait till pending charges fall off, most often it took several days. A rep has said it may take up to 30 days for pending charges to fall off so all I can do it be patient
Old Jan 6, 2018, 9:47 am

Programs: Lots
Originally Posted by Mamibear
My experience with locked up pending charges is the worse with C1ti cards. I know the charges won't post since I have no order number nor confirmation email of the transaction, calling GCM is the last thing I'll do. With Cit card, I just have to wait till pending charges fall off, most often it took several days. A rep has said it may take up to 30 days for pending charges to fall off so all I can do it be patient
Yep, which is exactly why I make GCM orders after statement posts with C1ti cards. Biggest pita waiting for pending charges to fall.
Old Jan 6, 2018, 10:02 am

Programs: Lots
Just checked TCB for CB on my GCM orders, and noticed something I didn’t know before. I bought 3 orders of the 5B VGC during the 3% off sale, and 2% CB for the 3 orders is pending, while I only received 1% CB for the regular VGC orders. Too bad I should have maxed it out when I had the chance.
Old Jan 6, 2018, 11:02 am

When GCM temporally banned me I waited until all pending charges are gone from all CC accounts. I think they banned me because of an issue with one of my CC. But the worst thing you can do is to make an order from IP address that does not match your physical address.
Old Jan 6, 2018, 11:22 am

Originally Posted by Java Cool Dude
I have the same issue and it started exactly last weekend after I placed a few orders:
  • There was a problem processing your order. Please try again or feel free to contact us for support.
Both my wife and I share the same address with two separate GCM accounts and separate credit cards.
It is so frustrating since the charge actually hits your cc and holds up the balance for a few days.
JCD
FYI: I finally got an order to go through by slightly changing my delivery address. The change was very minor ie. from "STE 400" to "SUITE 400". I cant say for sure, but I'm assuming that that was enough to differentiate it from my other accounts and get the order through. You might want to try replicating my approach OR temporarily change the addresses in your other accounts before placing an order.
Old Jan 6, 2018, 12:33 pm

Originally Posted by Mamibear
IME, my orders with 15 or more envelopes always came in a brown box while those with 14 or less came in a regular USPS priority envelopes.
I've always ordered 15 in the past but for whatever reason they always sent me envelopes bursting at the seams. Maybe they finally gave up after these new terms of service that are in each card.
Old Jan 6, 2018, 3:32 pm

Originally Posted by cashcyclone
... the worst thing you can do is to make an order from IP address that does not match your physical address.
I experienced no evidence that IP location matching was used. Ordered without problems away from home, and on mobile internet in roaming mode. But IP addresses assigned to VPN's should be avoided.
Old Jan 7, 2018, 10:00 am

I have no issues with GCcom but since they come out more expensive with lesser CB from portals, I try to be on the good side of GCM to avoid eyes on my account and scrutinize the orders I've made. One pattern I've noticed lately is when I have an order that has not yet shipped (let's say expected shipment of one order is 1/5 and I place an order 1/4, no go), I realize now I shouldn't place an order with that name/CC but when I use a different account, it goes through.

Maybe GCM and GCC are trying to manipulate the orders to minimize paying unlimited CBs via portals?
Old Jan 8, 2018, 10:51 am

Originally Posted by Radster
FYI: I finally got an order to go through by slightly changing my delivery address. The change was very minor ie. from "STE 400" to "SUITE 400". I cant say for sure, but I'm assuming that that was enough to differentiate it from my other accounts and get the order through. You might want to try replicating my approach OR temporarily change the addresses in your other accounts before placing an order.
This did not work but using a new credit card did.
JCD
Old Jan 8, 2018, 12:18 pm

JCD
Hopefully you can get repeat orders through!

As a side note, looks like the change(s) they made occurred on 12/31 (or thereabout) aka. 'end of year update'.
Old Jan 8, 2018, 11:26 pm

JCD
New card declined when attempting a second order...GCM gonna GCM!
JCD
Old Jan 9, 2018, 7:58 am

GCM gonna GCM!
JCD
Indeed!

It's more challenging to place orders now, they can/will put a hold on charges as long as they want and all you can do is wait for it to fall off. Bad news for low credit lines One has to have an array of CCs when placing orders because once we get the dreaded message and charges hit the CCs, the waiting game begins. If I don't need them more than they want my business I would've gone back to b&m GCs but the CBs are worth it IF they get tracked and paid. Their reps can't help with issues of getting pending transactions to fall off, nothing else I can do but be patient.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.