Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 5, 2018, 12:28 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Klemhuzzah
This is the thread for 2018.
The previous discussion from 2016 on this topic can be found here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manuf...thread-77.html
The thread for 2017 is here: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending/1825524-giftcardmall-master-thread-2017-a-97.html

Giftcardmall (and giftcards.com) now limit Visa loads to $250. No more $500 cards, Change happened sometime in 2020.

What portal is currently offering the highest payout for GCM?
Check cashbackmonitor and cashbackholic for current payouts. Be sure to review the T&C for GCM at each portal as some offer lower payouts for Visa GCs.

Amex gift cards cannot be used to buy Visa gift cards

VGC issued by metabank. Cards come activated.

-------------------------

Monthly Limit is 30K per GCM account for a revolving 30 days. Once you hit 15K, GCM will display a message on the screen letting you know you hit the limit.

Start out slow 1k and then another 1k - they will call to verify the card, and shipping address. Next order they will not call. Orders under 2k have free shipping.

If you get this error:

This transaction was not completed. The transaction was not submitted correctly, or has been declined by your card issuer. You can try again with a different card or review your payment information for any necessary corrections.

- A Few people report it is blocked for the day, try again the next day. MOST ppl report being permanently blocked. Or you entered a wrong 3-digit security number.
GCM recommends using the Chrome or Firefox browsers. Be sure you are not using an ad blocker and not disabling any cookie settings (3rd party, tracking, etc.) from the default or you may get this error.

Direct support Numbers is 877.426.2551

Warning: Orders can be lost or stolen. Call to have the cards reissued or canceled. Orders usually arrive in 5-10 days.

Check your cc for pending or posted payments and call about your order if you are concerned it is taking a long time for delivery. Sometimes GCM was taking up to 2 weeks for delivery.
Print Wikipost

GiftCardMall Master Thread (2018 onwards)

Search this Thread

Old May 18, 2019, 6:46 am

Originally Posted by Prometheus77
Don't bother with his PM. I sent you a PM with secret info that is even more super than his. Be prepared to bathe in the sea of rewards that awaits you. Just don't share this super secret info with anyone that might abuse it and get it shut down like random strangers on an internet forum...
Can you PM the info to me as well? I also need to accumulate UR points through MS. TIA.
Old May 19, 2019, 10:36 pm
Suspended
Hyatt 10+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

I have heard and seen evidence that some CCs were compromised related to GCM..... This is for real.
Old May 20, 2019, 2:40 am

Originally Posted by RedSun
I have heard ...
As in "voices in your head" or something you can quote and reference with a link?
If this was meant to be serious, details would be in order.
Old May 20, 2019, 3:00 am
soy

Programs: various
Originally Posted by MaxVO
As in "voices in your head" or something you can quote and reference with a link?

DoC has a post about this issue.
Rings true for me. My Citi card had fraud last week, only place I've used it recently is GCM
MaxVO likes this.
Old May 20, 2019, 4:42 am

My Citi AA Biz was skimmed last week after use at GCM. $20, $20, $20, and some smaller charges, at Lim* CA. Don’t know what that is.

2 CIPs were unaffected.
Old May 20, 2019, 5:33 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by MaxVO
A friend has a larger one. Three attempted charges all in $1,500 level. CC used only once, only at GCM to meet welcome spending.....
Old May 20, 2019, 5:55 am

Got several emails from Chase on Sat. My wife's Southwest Priority card had unusual activity. They approved a couple, denied a couple. None of the transactions they asked about were ours, so on the phone we go to cancel that card/reissue. I've used that card a lot on GCM, however, we also use it for regular spend so there isn't really any causation here. Possibilities, but no certainty.

I also have a SW card that has been used quite a bit on GCM. Looks like I'll have to keep an eye on it also (not a problem, I monitor all my CCs quite closely).
Old May 20, 2019, 8:39 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum Premier, UA 1K
I just had a $1300 fraud transaction come across Fri as well and just started using it a GCM last month.
Old May 20, 2019, 11:39 am

How do you all cash out? Any avenues not to use? Just started GCM for churning cards (not real MS) and am slowly accumulating. Thanks.
Old May 20, 2019, 2:12 pm

Originally Posted by cb11
How do you all cash out? Any avenues not to use? Just started GCM for churning cards (not real MS) and am slowly accumulating. Thanks.
GCM sells generic Metabank prepaid Visas. Unloading them is not a GCM-related issue, and it is MS. Perhaps start on this thread for many ideas -- https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manu...re-2019-a.html
Old May 20, 2019, 4:17 pm

GCM for Amex BBP 2X?

Now that Simon is dead for 2x, does anyone know if GCM
spend counts for 2x MR earning on Amex BBP?
Old May 20, 2019, 5:17 pm

Programs: AS 100k, BA GGL, UA 1k, DL DM, AC SE, B6 Mosaic4, Hyatt/Hilton/Wyndham/IHG Diamond, Marriot Ti
New card only used at GCM had a $1500 fraudulent charge on it last week.
Old May 20, 2019, 6:02 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by TalkingPoint
New card only used at GCM had a $1500 fraudulent charge on it last week.
It seems there are tons of such bad things. GCM really needs to get its acts together.
Old May 21, 2019, 8:16 am
soy

Programs: various
Just had a 2nd card compromised - big issues at GCM
Old May 21, 2019, 10:44 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum Premier, UA 1K
I spoke to GCM about the issue last night and they were seemingly unaware of an issue...they opened a support ticket..not sure what that will do.

I will add that they appeared to take my call seriously.

Last edited by BigYellowDog; May 21, 2019 at 10:50 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.