Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 5, 2018, 12:28 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Klemhuzzah
This is the thread for 2018.
The previous discussion from 2016 on this topic can be found here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manuf...thread-77.html
The thread for 2017 is here: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending/1825524-giftcardmall-master-thread-2017-a-97.html

Giftcardmall (and giftcards.com) now limit Visa loads to $250. No more $500 cards, Change happened sometime in 2020.

What portal is currently offering the highest payout for GCM?
Check cashbackmonitor and cashbackholic for current payouts. Be sure to review the T&C for GCM at each portal as some offer lower payouts for Visa GCs.

Amex gift cards cannot be used to buy Visa gift cards

VGC issued by metabank. Cards come activated.

-------------------------

Monthly Limit is 30K per GCM account for a revolving 30 days. Once you hit 15K, GCM will display a message on the screen letting you know you hit the limit.

Start out slow 1k and then another 1k - they will call to verify the card, and shipping address. Next order they will not call. Orders under 2k have free shipping.

If you get this error:

This transaction was not completed. The transaction was not submitted correctly, or has been declined by your card issuer. You can try again with a different card or review your payment information for any necessary corrections.

- A Few people report it is blocked for the day, try again the next day. MOST ppl report being permanently blocked. Or you entered a wrong 3-digit security number.
GCM recommends using the Chrome or Firefox browsers. Be sure you are not using an ad blocker and not disabling any cookie settings (3rd party, tracking, etc.) from the default or you may get this error.

Direct support Numbers is 877.426.2551

Warning: Orders can be lost or stolen. Call to have the cards reissued or canceled. Orders usually arrive in 5-10 days.

Check your cc for pending or posted payments and call about your order if you are concerned it is taking a long time for delivery. Sometimes GCM was taking up to 2 weeks for delivery.
Print Wikipost

GiftCardMall Master Thread (2018 onwards)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 26, 2019, 9:34 am

Originally Posted by littlewinglet
I got an order yesterday that had identical cards to ones I got a week earlier. At first I was excited maybe I got the order filled twice, but then realized all the card #s were the same.
Oh, my god. Same thing happen to me. I am about to call giftcard mall to see what is going on.
Old Mar 26, 2019, 10:38 am
Suspended
Hyatt 10+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Originally Posted by MaxVO
Yesterday my GCM order arrived without T&C inserts! The shipment looked and felt strangely bare.
You do not get paper T&C because GCM now adds the online T&C that you have to click when you order. I see this is better.
Old Mar 26, 2019, 10:38 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by littlewinglet
I got an order yesterday that had identical cards to ones I got a week earlier. At first I was excited maybe I got the order filled twice, but then realized all the card #s were the same.
BAU here. Just minus the paper T&C.
Old Mar 26, 2019, 11:21 am

Programs: none
I even asked them not send me greetings card. They said no that option. I like lighter package since I only use them for MS
Old Mar 26, 2019, 5:51 pm

Originally Posted by wmy2008
Oh, my god. Same thing happen to me. I am about to call giftcard mall to see what is going on.
Yup. Same thing here.

Sadly I went to WM to use them and was declined. Got home and realized I had already used them. They were dupes.

They were ordered 3/15/19.
Old Mar 27, 2019, 4:22 am

Originally Posted by daddyo_daddyo
Yup. Same thing here.

Sadly I went to WM to use them and was declined. Got home and realized I had already used them. They were dupes.

Same thing happened to me except it was from GC. I wonder if they all use the same vendor to print the cards...
Old Mar 27, 2019, 6:29 am
Suspended

So all the new cards have identical numbers on the front? or they are the same as the old card numbers?
Old Mar 27, 2019, 8:58 am
Suspended

Looked at all the VGCs I received. All have different card numbers....
Old Mar 27, 2019, 6:53 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, United Silver, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by daddyo_daddyo
Yup. Same thing here.

I also got a duplicate, and my order was also placed on 3/15.

That must have been a bad computer day for GCM.
Old Mar 27, 2019, 7:05 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by GetawaysRus
I also got a duplicate, and my order was also placed on 3/15.

That must have been a bad computer day for GCM.
I fee lucky that I did not buy anything on that day and the days around it.... Hope you get this all sorted out.
Old Mar 28, 2019, 6:29 am

I placed an order that day. It arrived later than usual (an order placed on 3/17 arrived before it), but I attributed that more to my slow mail service than anything. Other than the delay, there was nothing else unusual about it. I have 4 orders in transit and no inventory in stock, so it's BAU for me. But certainly sounds like there was some kind of glitch that day, but it wasn't 100%.
Old Mar 28, 2019, 7:40 am

Programs: All of them
Originally Posted by shadow520
I placed an order that day. It arrived later than usual (an order placed on 3/17 arrived before it), but I attributed that more to my slow mail service than anything. Other than the delay, there was nothing else unusual about it. I have 4 orders in transit and no inventory in stock, so it's BAU for me. But certainly sounds like there was some kind of glitch that day, but it wasn't 100%.
I got little bags of cocaine in my envelopes instead of cards from that day. Oh well, it's back to normal now.
Old Apr 1, 2019, 5:57 am

So ive searched the threads here and ive searched online but i cant find the anaswer

is there any issue buying VGC at GCM using Capital one? its giving me an error where it wont let me purchase using Capital one because "they require more information"

I used to use GCM before they killed the portals the first time so ive had success buying GCs before

Anyone had this issue before?
Old Apr 1, 2019, 7:06 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, HH DIA, Hertz PC, GE + Pre✓, Amazon Super Special Prime
Originally Posted by jonesk1212
So ive searched the threads here and ive searched online but i cant find the anaswer

is there any issue buying VGC at GCM using Capital one? its giving me an error where it wont let me purchase using Capital one because "they require more information"

I used to use GCM before they killed the portals the first time so ive had success buying GCs before

Anyone had this issue before?
Might be a fraud alert from Cap one?

Did you try a big $ amount purchase? Maybe start out with a few orders of 1 $500 VGC to season the card and then you can ramp up from there.
Old Apr 9, 2019, 9:23 am

Programs: World of Hyatt Globalist; American Airlines Platinum; IHG Platinum; Marriott Gold
Can't find an answer to this question anywhere, but does anyone know if you can place multiple $1500 orders in a day? I know you can get up to $10k, but I didn't know if they looked down on multiple 1500 orders at once.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.