Community
Wiki Posts
Search

MGC at Sam's Club(2018)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 2, 2018, 7:13 pm

Originally Posted by Li Frank
I went to my local Sam's today, they do have 500 VGC/MGC at the gift card part. However, when I tried to check out, the cashier told me that this card cannot be used(It did not go through the computer). However, 250 works fine so I assume that the 500 is still not available even if it is in store now. Maybe wait a few days but who knows,
Same thing happened to me today. The cashier scan the card but then said this 500 one can not be bought.
Old Jan 2, 2018, 8:34 pm

The thread talks about VGC but what about AGCs? I realize they don't have PINs, and can't liquidate towards MOs, but i could use these to pay bills. Before I go try this, has anyone else tried buying a AGC with CC?
Old Jan 3, 2018, 8:40 pm

Programs: AA Exp, but not sure for how long. Enterprise Platinum woo-hoo!
Originally Posted by lumangoy
I believe those are vanilla vgcs, so you cant use for MO. I'm surprised you were able to use for BP.

was the BP larger than 49.99?
No, the bill payments were quite small, I was doing it as a test.

What is the story on BP's over/under $50?
Old Jan 4, 2018, 8:42 am

Originally Posted by redtop43
No, the bill payments were quite small, I was doing it as a test.

What is the story on BP's over/under $50?
you're not serious
Old Jan 5, 2018, 1:38 pm

Originally Posted by bargainhunter3
The thread talks about VGC but what about AGCs? I realize they don't have PINs, and can't liquidate towards MOs, but i could use these to pay bills. Before I go try this, has anyone else tried buying a AGC with CC?
just found out AGCs take 70 minutes to activate!
Old Jan 9, 2018, 1:25 am

How to liquidate the 250 one vanilla MCs ?

Two places where i usually get MOs using 500 Vanilla MCs are throwing up errors- Not Authorized . Any input is greatly appreciated.
Old Jan 9, 2018, 8:43 am

Originally Posted by kingofkingsforu

Two places where i usually get MOs using 500 Vanilla MCs are throwing up errors- Not Authorized . Any input is greatly appreciated.
I haven't bought these low variable vanilla MCGCs, is there a PIN on the package? My friend tried to use the last 4 of card number when buying MO at her usual grocery store and she got an error message to call authorizer so she called to re-set her PIN and only then did the cards go through.

If you continue to get such message at your go-to grocery stores,
a. you may have to use cards for regular spend but don't take too long to avoid funds getting stolen;
b. you may have to go out of state to try grocery stores and hope the cards go through for MOs.
Good luck!
Old Jan 9, 2018, 9:58 am

Originally Posted by Mamibear
I haven't bought these low variable vanilla MCGCs, is there a PIN on the package? My friend tried to use the last 4 of card number when buying MO at her usual grocery store and she got an error message to call authorizer so she called to re-set her PIN and only then did the cards go through.

If you continue to get such message at your go-to grocery stores,
a. you may have to use cards for regular spend but don't take too long to avoid funds getting stolen;
b. you may have to go out of state to try grocery stores and hope the cards go through for MOs.
Good luck!
Who was the issuer of the card when it received the error? Meta or Bancorp?
Old Jan 9, 2018, 11:20 am

I had the same issue today. My $250 Mastercard GC from sams club (OneVanilla) didn't work at my local Kroger affiliate. Just was declined. I tried again 10 min later at a Walmart Neighboorhood Market, and of course it was declined (as I figured since it's a OneVanilla...just testing it). What's interesting is that I just now logged into the OneVanilla website to check funds to make sure $250 was actually on it. What I noticed is that it shows that $250 was deposited to this card JUST TODAY at 10:49am!!! Now, I'm not sure if this is EST, or MST (where I am) but looking at the receipts for when I was declined, there's no way it could have had funds when I attempted a MO at my local Grocery Store...it shows a timestamp of 8:39am on the receipt. I bought this card on 1/3. So...something is *triggering* loading funds to the card...almost as if they're attempting to keep the money as long as possible to float for interest and then finally giving you the funds when you attempt to make a purchase. I'll be trying to buy a MO here during lunchtime again at the Grocery Store to see if it works. I'll report back, but I think we might now know what's going on with these $250 Sam's Club MCGC's....
Old Jan 9, 2018, 12:57 pm

Originally Posted by Broncocsu05
I had the same issue today. My $250 Mastercard GC from sams club (OneVanilla) didn't work at my local Kroger affiliate. Just was declined. I tried again 10 min later at a Walmart Neighboorhood Market, and of course it was declined (as I figured since it's a OneVanilla...just testing it). What's interesting is that I just now logged into the OneVanilla website to check funds to make sure $250 was actually on it. What I noticed is that it shows that $250 was deposited to this card JUST TODAY at 10:49am!!! Now, I'm not sure if this is EST, or MST (where I am) but looking at the receipts for when I was declined, there's no way it could have had funds when I attempted a MO at my local Grocery Store...it shows a timestamp of 8:39am on the receipt. I bought this card on 1/3. So...something is *triggering* loading funds to the card...almost as if they're attempting to keep the money as long as possible to float for interest and then finally giving you the funds when you attempt to make a purchase. I'll be trying to buy a MO here during lunchtime again at the Grocery Store to see if it works. I'll report back, but I think we might now know what's going on with these $250 Sam's Club MCGC's....

Well, it's official. Skip the $250 MCGC's from Sam's Club....they're worthless to liquidate via MO. I'm gonna pay taxes with this guy and call it good with GC's from Sam's Club.
Old Jan 9, 2018, 4:23 pm

Well, it's official. Skip the $250 MCGC's from Sam's Club....they're worthless to liquidate via MO. I'm gonna pay taxes with this guy and call it good with GC's from Sam's Club.
Oh this is Bad news. I just bought around 1250 $ worth of these junk during the last day of Amex offers.

Any suggestion to quickly liquidate these within 2 days. I am starting for a trip and dont want to keep these junk at home
Old Jan 10, 2018, 4:00 pm

Any other DPs on this in the last 48 hours?

Any other DPs on any other MO issuers and the 250 MCs?

Any other DPs on the (remaining) 500 MCs from Sam's or perhaps the new 500's from the drugstores?
Old Jan 11, 2018, 3:30 pm

Programs: DL PM
Originally Posted by an mec
Any other DPs on this in the last 48 hours?

Any other DPs on any other MO issuers and the 250 MCs?

Any other DPs on the (remaining) 500 MCs from Sam's or perhaps the new 500's from the drugstores?
I bought a $250 MC from Sam's Club on 1/9 and then bought a $249.11 MO from a Publix on 1/10 without issue.
Old Jan 12, 2018, 7:21 pm

Originally Posted by asb002
I bought a $250 MC from Sam's Club on 1/9 and then bought a $249.11 MO from a Publix on 1/10 without issue.
I tried on 1/8 in Publix south fl store and it failed with not authorized error. I got a MO for 698.22 - Paid 450$ using gc.com visa and tried to pay the remaining 250$ on this one vanilla MC from samms. It failed. Ended up paying using bank debit.

Anything i missed to tell the cashier ?
Old Jan 12, 2018, 7:46 pm

Programs: DL PM
I tried on 1/8 in Publix south fl store and it failed with not authorized error. I got a MO for 698.22 - Paid 450$ using gc.com visa and tried to pay the remaining 250$ on this one vanilla MC from samms. It failed. Ended up paying using bank debit.

Anything i missed to tell the cashier ?
Nope, I didn't tell them anything special. Just that I wanted a $249.11 MO. The total was $250 ($0.89 fee), which I then just swiped the MGC and pressed Debit and put in a PIN.

I've never tried a split tender at Publix, so I'm not sure if that causes an issue.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.