Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

giftcards.com master thread (2018 onwards)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 1, 2018, 11:00 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Klemhuzzah
This is the thread for 2018. The previous discussion can be found here.

Giftcards.com (and giftcardmall) now limit Visa loads to $250. No more $500 cards, Change happened sometime in 2020.

Check cash back portals to help cover the fees. Around the holidays there is usually free shipping. http://www.cashbackmonitor.com/cashback-store/giftcards.com/

Limit 5k/ every 48 hours (2 orders under 2.5k including the fees). However, system will reportedly "error out" if more than two orders are attempted within two days.

Cards must be activated before use. Orders usually arrive in 5-7 days.

Select the free letter on the left instead of paying for a card on the right of the screen to save money.

Warning: Orders can be lost or stolen. Call to have them reissued.

Print Wikipost

giftcards.com master thread (2018 onwards)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 6, 2023, 10:44 pm

Programs: IHG Priority Club Spire Ambassador, AA Platinum Pro, Hyatt Explorist
GiftCards.com Thread

How are people liquidating the virtual and also the physical cards once ordered. I have easily used them to pay bills of course but Kroger doesn’t take them anymore so how can I liquidate them easily. TIA
Old Jan 17, 2024, 5:16 pm

Hi all, I made a GC.com purchase via Hoopla Doopla but now Hoopla Doopla refuses to honor the cashback claiming 'order was credited to another website' by the merchant. Have exchanged at least 12 emails with Hoopla Doopla over this but they refuse to budge. Could anyone suggest the way forward? Would reporting them to Better Business Bureau or something help?
Old Jan 18, 2024, 8:05 am

Programs: Continental Onepass, Hilton, Marriott, USAir and now UA
Originally Posted by go4sandee
Hi all, I made a GC.com purchase via Hoopla Doopla but now Hoopla Doopla refuses to honor the cashback claiming 'order was credited to another website' by the merchant. Have exchanged at least 12 emails with Hoopla Doopla over this but they refuse to budge. Could anyone suggest the way forward? Would reporting them to Better Business Bureau or something help?
Read the terms and conditions of this company carefully. TBH, I know nothing about Hoopla Doopla (although I would be highly suspicious of any company with a name like that ) and see if you are indeed violating one of those T&Cs.
Secondly, you will need to see if the merchant indeed did credit your purchase to another website. Do you subscribe to that website?? Did you indeed get credit for your purchase to that website??
Since they will not change their position, your only other option is reporting to BBB (worthless in my opinion) or writing a review and posting it in the appropriate location (at least morally if not financially satisfying.)
Then, delete them from your life and chalk it up to a lesson well learned
go4sandee likes this.
Old Jan 18, 2024, 11:44 am

Originally Posted by radonc1
Read the terms and conditions of this company carefully. TBH, I know nothing about Hoopla Doopla (although I would be highly suspicious of any company with a name like that ) and see if you are indeed violating one of those T&Cs.
Secondly, you will need to see if the merchant indeed did credit your purchase to another website. Do you subscribe to that website?? Did you indeed get credit for your purchase to that website??
Since they will not change their position, your only other option is reporting to BBB (worthless in my opinion) or writing a review and posting it in the appropriate location (at least morally if not financially satisfying.)
Then, delete them from your life and chalk it up to a lesson well learned
Thank you for responding! I do not have subscriptions to any other website. This is the first time I tried ordering from GC.com following FT instructions on using cashbackmonitor. Hoopla Doopla was one of the options on cashbackmonitor.

This was the basic question that stumped me. How can they claim the merchant credited my order to someone else when I was the one making the purchase?

Guess I'll stop by BBB then, on my way to posting those reviews and delete the Hoopla Doopla extension on my browser. Lesson learned!
Old Jan 18, 2024, 12:13 pm

This was the basic question that stumped me. How can they claim the merchant credited my order to someone else when I was the one making the purchase?
I think what they meant was GC.com was credited to other cashback portal.
go4sandee likes this.
Old Jan 18, 2024, 3:29 pm

Originally Posted by berombeu
I think what they meant was GC.com was credited to other cashback portal.
The thing is, there is no other cashback portal and this is my first attempt at trying for cashback on GC. Is it a case of them trying to mislead? I asked repeatedly for details of this cashback being 'credited to another website' but they refuse to provide anything.
Old Jan 18, 2024, 4:24 pm

The thing is, there is no other cashback portal and this is my first attempt at trying for cashback on GC. Is it a case of them trying to mislead? I asked repeatedly for details of this cashback being 'credited to another website' but they refuse to provide anything.
I doubted they will tell you anything beside just a generic responding that you already got from them.
go4sandee likes this.
Old Mar 9, 2024, 12:04 am

What's the current BIN on gc.com cards? And has anyone tried Amex recently with them?
Old Mar 9, 2024, 8:45 am

Originally Posted by OssianBlue
What's the current BIN on gc.com cards? And has anyone tried Amex recently with them?
Mine was 451129

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.