Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

giftcards.com master thread (2018 onwards)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 1, 2018, 11:00 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Klemhuzzah
This is the thread for 2018. The previous discussion can be found here.

Giftcards.com (and giftcardmall) now limit Visa loads to $250. No more $500 cards, Change happened sometime in 2020.

Check cash back portals to help cover the fees. Around the holidays there is usually free shipping. http://www.cashbackmonitor.com/cashback-store/giftcards.com/

Limit 5k/ every 48 hours (2 orders under 2.5k including the fees). However, system will reportedly "error out" if more than two orders are attempted within two days.

Cards must be activated before use. Orders usually arrive in 5-7 days.

Select the free letter on the left instead of paying for a card on the right of the screen to save money.

Warning: Orders can be lost or stolen. Call to have them reissued.

Print Wikipost

giftcards.com master thread (2018 onwards)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 18, 2020, 8:08 am

The hits just keep on coming in 2020
Old Oct 13, 2020, 8:23 pm
Suspended
Hyatt 10+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Portal & Third Party GC.com Purchases

Some online retail stores send all GC orders though Giftcard.com. My understanding is that we do not any portal rebate from either the original store, or from GC.com. Just like to confirm it.

Without portal, it is not very attractive.
Old Nov 23, 2020, 4:30 pm

Programs: SWA A-List, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by zmicer88
Is this going to be a limit of 2K per portal or per account?
Did we ever get a definitive answer to this? I made a few purchases through different shopping portals this month and am not sure if they will get clawed back. I also want to do a few more and not sure it's worth trying.
Old Jul 2, 2021, 6:02 am

Programs: AA Gold, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, National Executive Elite
I’m aware you can make purchases with Apple Pay on the website, but can the cards you buy be added to Apple Pay? Specifically do the virtual Visa gift cards work this way?
Old Jul 2, 2021, 1:59 pm
sow

Originally Posted by msp3
I’m aware you can make purchases with Apple Pay on the website, but can the cards you buy be added to Apple Pay? Specifically do the virtual Visa gift cards work this way?
Didn’t work for me.
msp3 likes this.
Old Jul 3, 2021, 10:58 pm

So there's a 10% sale going on virtual VGC but my orders keep getting canceled. Wonder what's triggering it.
Old Oct 27, 2021, 6:00 pm

Not sure if this has been discussed earlier on this thread. Does the visa $250 card no longer work in Safeway?
Old Apr 3, 2022, 2:34 pm

Programs: UA, AA, SPG, HH
While trying to place an order for VGC's over the past couple days I keep getting this error message as soon as I click the "Submit Order" button: "We're sorry, but we are unable to complete your request at this time. Please try again."

I've tried multiple different payment methods but it makes no difference. Have I been flagged/blocked from placing orders?
Old Apr 6, 2022, 3:39 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat, AA Lifetime Gold 1.6 MM, Marriott Platinum, Marriott Lifetime Gold Elite, Choice Diamond
Originally Posted by HoKo
While trying to place an order for VGC's over the past couple days I keep getting this error message as soon as I click the "Submit Order" button: "We're sorry, but we are unable to complete your request at this time. Please try again."

I've tried multiple different payment methods but it makes no difference. Have I been flagged/blocked from placing orders?
I have received the same error message several times in the past few days. Looks like it is a web site issue not specific to just you. I went under the Contact Us tab and filled it out. I hope to hear back from giftcards.com soon.
HoKo likes this.
Old Apr 8, 2022, 8:54 am

Originally Posted by TyPo311
Did we ever get a definitive answer to this? I made a few purchases through different shopping portals this month and am not sure if they will get clawed back. I also want to do a few more and not sure it's worth trying.
I'm wondering this too. And it is per portal account, or GCDC account?
Old Dec 20, 2022, 6:27 am

Hey Guys, what is the course of action if you order eVISA's from GCC and they do not email them out after 24 hours ? I see a "contact us" but no phone number to call into.
Old Dec 21, 2022, 10:20 am

Originally Posted by DeltaNeutral28
Hey Guys, what is the course of action if you order eVISA's from GCC and they do not email them out after 24 hours ? I see a "contact us" but no phone number to call into.
Was the order cancelled ? If yes then the pending charge will drop , if you are not seeing any order cancellation and then call.

Got it from their site

Giftcards.com
Blackhawk Network
6220 Stoneridge Mall Road
Pleasanton, CA 94588
Phone #: (877) 944-3822
Fax #: (877) 781-5159
Old Dec 21, 2022, 11:41 am

Originally Posted by kingofkingsforu
Was the order cancelled ? If yes then the pending charge will drop , if you are not seeing any order cancellation and then call.

Got it from their site

Giftcards.com
Blackhawk Network
6220 Stoneridge Mall Road
Pleasanton, CA 94588
Phone #: (877) 944-3822
Fax #: (877) 781-5159
Thank you I wen to the site and chatted online with a rep and just had them re routed to another email address, have no idea what happened to my main one, I of course checked spam and I certainly didn't implement any email filters.
Old Mar 9, 2023, 4:05 pm

is anyone else having issues using a vgc to buy a shop card from costco?
edit: nvm must have been user error
Old Oct 20, 2023, 3:51 pm

It seems no one is buying anything from GCC?

I tried to place order(s) at GCC. But all order got cancelled right away. They did not even go through card charges. Every time, GCC sent email,

We had to cancel your order #xxxxx because it didn’t pass our screening process. Online security is important—like really important—so we take every measure we can to protect the people shopping with us.

We suggest you check out your billing and shipping info—there might be an oopsie in there that needs fixing!

Please note, no funds will be collected from the payment method used for this order*.

I had no problem placing orders before. I have a couple accounts. I also tried to use guest account. Also changed credit card.

I searched online. Some people have the same problem. They had to create a new account. I created a new account before and order went through. Just wonder if there is anything else than new account.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.