Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sutton Bank GCs

Search this Thread

Old Feb 19, 2024, 9:42 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Plat, UA Gold, AS MVP Gold, HH Diamond, SPG Gold, Club Carlson Gold, US
Sutton Bank GCs

I had to replace 4 of my GCs due to fraud. The replacement cards didn't work at all, so I had to get them replaced again. It's the same thing again with the newly replaced cards.
Any one had a similar problem? Resolution?
TyrannicalDuncery likes this.
Old Feb 19, 2024, 10:59 pm

Originally Posted by iqbalt80
I had to replace 4 of my GCs due to fraud...?
Could you describe the problem cards in more detail? Were they Vanilla branded with beige stripes, and serviced by InComm?
What was the nature of the fraud, e.g. unloaded remotely before you could use them, etc.?
When you say replacements didn't work, was it due to zero balance or another reason?
Thanks.
Old Feb 19, 2024, 11:17 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Plat, UA Gold, AS MVP Gold, HH Diamond, SPG Gold, Club Carlson Gold, US
Balance is full. The card is active on the website, but I couldn't use it online or in person. It gets declined.
Old Feb 20, 2024, 12:37 am

Balance is full. The card is active on the website, but I couldn't use it online or in person. It gets declined.
So far nothing here sounds like fraud. Have you discussed this with an InComm rep? If they can't offer a working solution, ask them to return the loaded funds via a check. In the past, InComm was usually prompt in processing refunds.
Old Feb 20, 2024, 9:51 am

I had to replace 4 of my GCs due to fraud.
What was the Fraud ?
Old Feb 20, 2024, 7:46 pm

Programs: none
I had exactly same problem, balance was full, card active, it was not working in Walmart mo, not working Walmart online, not working in clothing store, not working in coffee shop, i changed pin, tried everything according their support but they said nothing wrong with card. After calling them 3 times, they said send me a new card but no case# like normal situation. The chips looks good and able to swipe but didn't work no where. Its sutton service by incomm

QUOTE=iqbalt80;36013902]I had to replace 4 of my GCs due to fraud. The replacement cards didn't work at all, so I had to get them replaced again. It's the same thing again with the newly replaced cards.
Any one had a similar problem? Resolution?[/QUOTE]
Old Feb 20, 2024, 10:21 pm

darn it, thought Sutton VGCs were a sure success, but appears that I'm in the same predicament as the others'; bought 1 @ CVS last week, but had no success loading to discover for $500, nor for any lower amount at WM; an attempt for a $2 purch also failed! card has been active & balance is intact; will try to make a payment online tomorrow & see

Speaking of Sutton VGCs liquidation failure, fairly nervous as my order of Sutton cards from Simon is otw that may have the same liquidation issue 😐

Last edited by danhouston; Feb 21, 2024 at 6:49 am
Old Feb 21, 2024, 8:42 am

sad to see MS ending in this way. Normally if they wanted to stop the MS game then you would think they would do something like this that the Vannis will not work at wm for more than 99 etc, post office not accepting Vani at all and this is what they did for quite some time. The new game in the town is high rejection rate and no one can figure what would cause the transaction to fail. This is got to be quite frustrating and annoying and eventually get tired and give up.

I find it hard that even for $2 dollar purchase it is not working assuming this is the first try and they didnt try to do heavy loading before, how does the organic spender even use these cards at this rate? meaning the gift cards are useless?
Old Feb 21, 2024, 8:55 am

any folks had success liquidating via loading at any amount; if not, had success requesting for a check instead of replacement card?
Old Feb 21, 2024, 11:33 am

Originally Posted by danhouston
any folks had success liquidating via loading at any amount; if not, had success requesting for a check instead of replacement card?
sh*t, a PITA that waited >30 min on the phone for someone to answer the phone, who told me that a replacement vgc will be mailed... told the Rep that i don't want a replacement as previously did NOT work, too; so asked for a check / refund instead; Rep said it will take about 3 wks!

Last edited by danhouston; Feb 21, 2024 at 12:49 pm
Old Mar 22, 2024, 11:09 am

Anybody that has any idea for InComm by either Sutton/Pathward. I've tried online purchases and then tried to liquidate for well under $450 at several known grocery stores with no luck. I mean, where do these InComm cards actually work?
Old Mar 22, 2024, 2:02 pm

How soon are people trying to liquidate the cards? One of the reps told me to wait a few hours before trying to use the card.
Old Mar 22, 2024, 6:14 pm

Programs: UA-1K, MM, Hilton-Diamond, Marriott-Titanium
I was 4 for 4 that had to be replaced. sutton/incomm/vanilla. They would not work anywhere I had to swipe. WM (for $1.00, Dunkin for $3.19, grocery for $6.72. Unbelievable and yes, they all showed as having $500.00 available and were purchased more than 24 hours before I tried to use them.
Old Mar 23, 2024, 6:58 am

Originally Posted by cruisr
I was 4 for 4 that had to be replaced. sutton/incomm/vanilla. They would not work anywhere I had to swipe. WM (for $1.00, Dunkin for $3.19, grocery for $6.72. Unbelievable and yes, they all showed as having $500.00 available and were purchased more than 24 hours before I tried to use them.
Wow, what is InComm doing, declining purchases in person for less than $10. They work on Pay1040 for Federal taxes which is nice, but that's two per quarter.
Old Mar 23, 2024, 11:51 am
soy

Programs: various
All those with locked cards, was your first decline when trying a drain of the full balance?

That is the only pattern I have seen, so no longer attempt it. No issues buying a 498 MO with a 500 VGC

Last edited by soy; Mar 23, 2024 at 8:46 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.