Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

giftcards.com master thread (2018 onwards)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 1, 2018, 11:00 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Klemhuzzah
This is the thread for 2018. The previous discussion can be found here.

Giftcards.com (and giftcardmall) now limit Visa loads to $250. No more $500 cards, Change happened sometime in 2020.

Check cash back portals to help cover the fees. Around the holidays there is usually free shipping. http://www.cashbackmonitor.com/cashback-store/giftcards.com/

Limit 5k/ every 48 hours (2 orders under 2.5k including the fees). However, system will reportedly "error out" if more than two orders are attempted within two days.

Cards must be activated before use. Orders usually arrive in 5-7 days.

Select the free letter on the left instead of paying for a card on the right of the screen to save money.

Warning: Orders can be lost or stolen. Call to have them reissued.

Print Wikipost

giftcards.com master thread (2018 onwards)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 1, 2018, 12:02 pm

Originally Posted by I can see for miles
Have to request it, a bit of a PITA.
Thanks for the response. How soon do you normally request it? When it is still pending or when it has been approved (after 3 weeks)?
Old Mar 1, 2018, 1:48 pm

Originally Posted by BNAChairman
Chase told me tonight that my purchases at Giftcards.com don't count toward the minimum spend on a new Hyatt card. I searched the forums and can't find anything to back this up. I received the regular points but not the new member bonus associated with the minimum spend. T&C's don't call out gift cards specifically.

This is new information and more critical for new chase users. Thanks for letting us know
Old Mar 1, 2018, 4:29 pm

Programs: Total Rewards Diamond, Wyndham Diamond, Marriott Gold, AA Gold
Does TCB track if we use then new coupon code BUNNYHOP? I recognize the terms say no, but I also recognize that their system isn't perfect.

Thanks
Old Mar 1, 2018, 7:46 pm

Originally Posted by rct12345
Do we need to manually request the 1.25% TCB cashback or does it happen automatically?
TCB pops up a window that has this statement when you select Mastercard " We are aware that the Mastercard terms are being commissioned at 1% instead of the advertised 1.25%. Giftcards.com are aware of the issue and are working to fix this as soon as possible. In the meantime please continue to shop as normal and we will manually add the additional cashback to your account after the order has been confirmed and approved by Giftcards.com "
Old Mar 2, 2018, 12:02 am

Originally Posted by gw14
TCB pops up a window that has this statement when you select Mastercard " We are aware that the Mastercard terms are being commissioned at 1% instead of the advertised 1.25%. Giftcards.com are aware of the issue and are working to fix this as soon as possible. In the meantime please continue to shop as normal and we will manually add the additional cashback to your account after the order has been confirmed and approved by Giftcards.com "
I know about this message. My question was about whether the 'manually add' part will happen automatically or do we need to request it. For the order I placed about 8 days ago, it hasn't been added yet.
Old Mar 2, 2018, 4:26 am

Originally Posted by rct12345
I know about this message. My question was about whether the 'manually add' part will happen automatically or do we need to request it. For the order I placed about 8 days ago, it hasn't been added yet.
This pop up just started in Feb. We'll see in 10-12 days when TCB does their payouts. At that point the order would be confirmed and approved by Giftcards.com and TCB should manually add the 0.25%. TCB has added the 0.25% for my MCGC orders without me having to lodge a claim for Jan.
Old Mar 2, 2018, 9:41 am

Originally Posted by gw14
This pop up just started in Feb. We'll see in 10-12 days when TCB does their payouts. At that point the order would be confirmed and approved by Giftcards.com and TCB should manually add the 0.25%. TCB has added the 0.25% for my MCGC orders without me having to lodge a claim for Jan.
Awesome, thanks! Will wait a total of 3 weeks (from order date) until it gets confirmed. If it is still at 1% I will file a claim.
Old Mar 6, 2018, 9:14 am

TCB is now tracking gc.com MCGC purchases correctly at 1.25%
Old Mar 9, 2018, 7:33 am

Anyone ever get a blank "!" error message at the top of the screen after clicking Complete Order and after it shows as submitting? This is really odd... I see it happening on one of my gc.com accounts but not others. Sent a screenshot to the gc.com customer service tech support email, but who knows how long that's going to take.
Old Mar 12, 2018, 6:05 am

Has anyone had issues liquidating giftcards.com VGCs via money order lately? I was unable to purchase MO at several WMs even though I have had no issues in the past.
Old Mar 12, 2018, 8:53 am

At Wally it was business as usual for me this morning.
Old Mar 12, 2018, 12:21 pm

Originally Posted by dfinkel91
Has anyone had issues liquidating giftcards.com VGCs via money order lately? I was unable to purchase MO at several WMs even though I have had no issues in the past.
Something to do with Pin number? I had to set the pin manually everything I activated the cards
Old Mar 14, 2018, 9:02 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum Premier, UA 1K
Originally Posted by dfinkel91
I had difficulty this morning..activated cards via the app. The default pin did not work and I could not set the pin online, via app or via phone after activating.

I re-activated the cards just now and then was able to set the pin..default pin may be ok, but didn't test it. So the initial activation did not take. I don't know if was the app or something with their system on the activation.

Friday I will attempt to liquidate again.

Last edited by BigYellowDog; Mar 14, 2018 at 9:16 am
Old Mar 14, 2018, 2:42 pm

Originally Posted by BigYellowDog
I had difficulty this morning..activated cards via the app. The default pin did not work and I could not set the pin online, via app or via phone after activating.

I re-activated the cards just now and then was able to set the pin..default pin may be ok, but didn't test it. So the initial activation did not take. I don't know if was the app or something with their system on the activation.

Friday I will attempt to liquidate again.
The iOS app won't properly activate the cards. It may look activated, but it's not activated. You need to activate online.

I've heard Android app may work, but I haven't tested.
Old Mar 14, 2018, 5:10 pm

Originally Posted by missing_link
The iOS app won't properly activate the cards. It may look activated, but it's not activated. You need to activate online.

I've heard Android app may work, but I haven't tested.
I've never had an issue with the Android app which I've been using for years. But today, when trying to liquidate I got Not Authorized errors. It was already a difficult trip with a new MO method that froze and printed only the first receipt so decided to call it a day. Guess I'll try and re-activate using the web (been a really long time since I've used the web activation). I wonder if there was an issue with some batch of orders? If I really have to set PINs every single time I may just stop using GC.com

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.