Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

giftcards.com master thread (2018 onwards)

Old Jan 1, 2018, 12:00 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Klemhuzzah
This is the thread for 2018. The previous discussion can be found here.

Giftcards.com (and giftcardmall) now limit Visa loads to $250. No more $500 cards, Change happened sometime in 2020.

Check cash back portals to help cover the fees. Around the holidays there is usually free shipping. http://www.cashbackmonitor.com/cashback-store/giftcards.com/

Limit 5k/ every 48 hours (2 orders under 2.5k including the fees). However, system will reportedly "error out" if more than two orders are attempted within two days.

Cards must be activated before use. Orders usually arrive in 5-7 days.

Select the free letter on the left instead of paying for a card on the right of the screen to save money.

Warning: Orders can be lost or stolen. Call to have them reissued.

Print Wikipost

giftcards.com master thread (2018 onwards)

Old Mar 24, 2018, 1:01 pm

Originally Posted by wyogold
Similar here, 1 k over daily limit even though no orders today at all
Oddly it only happens on my Discover card and even if I try the card on a different account I'll get the same error message and can immediately use a different 2% card and it will go through. Wish Discover would give a different account number for AU or still offer virtual numbers. Its definitely the card that is used the most since its 1.5+1.5% and Alliant is not working anymore.
Old Mar 25, 2018, 11:54 am

Is the personalized GC worth it as it is in GCM? Yes or no answer.
Old Mar 25, 2018, 12:22 pm

Originally Posted by skanchur
Is the personalized GC worth it as it is in GCM? Yes or no answer.
No effect on me; I buy via portals for the bonus which negates fees.

Having my name on the GCs has very little effect on me since my go to recycling centers do not ask to see the cards. IF, by chance I go to unknown territories and they ask to see the card, I will comply and the rare chance it happened, they accepted the card(s). So far, I've been asked maybe twice out of hundreds of transactions over the years.
Old Mar 26, 2018, 6:37 am

perhaps this has been on there for a while but i noticed this language on tcb

"The maximum amount of cash back you can earn is based on a capped transaction amount of $60,000. If you make a purchase above this amount, you will not be eligible for additional cash back on top of this."

wasn't the cash back limit was $30K /month? is the limit now $60K lifetime/account?
Old Mar 26, 2018, 11:34 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Bullchan
perhaps this has been on there for a while but i noticed this language on tcb

"The maximum amount of cash back you can earn is based on a capped transaction amount of $60,000. If you make a purchase above this amount, you will not be eligible for additional cash back on top of this."

wasn't the cash back limit was $30K /month? is the limit now $60K lifetime/account?
I think it's per month as BF has that language too. Probably a limit for the larger corporate accounts that do large volume.
Old Mar 26, 2018, 1:09 pm

I think giftcardmall is 30K and giftcards.com is 60K per cash back account.
Old Mar 27, 2018, 11:18 am

Originally Posted by Mamibear
No effect on me; I buy via portals for the bonus which negates fees.

Having my name on the GCs has very little effect on me since my go to recycling centers do not ask to see the cards. IF, by chance I go to unknown territories and they ask to see the card, I will comply and the rare chance it happened, they accepted the card(s). So far, I've been asked maybe twice out of hundreds of transactions over the years.
Which portal negates fees/shipping for GC.com? I haven't found one.
Old Mar 31, 2018, 11:43 am

Keep getting "We're sorry, you have exceeded our daily purchase amount by $1000.00. Please lower the total denomination to $1000.00 so we can process this order." even though I haven't purchased in over a day.

Also two GC.com transactions from 2 and 3 days ago still aren't tracking on TCB.

Anyone else having problems with TCB.com?
Old Mar 31, 2018, 12:29 pm

Keep getting "We're sorry, you have exceeded our daily purchase amount by $1000.00. Please lower the total denomination to $1000.00 so we can process this order." even though I haven't purchased in over a day.

Also two GC.com transactions from 2 and 3 days ago still aren't tracking on TCB.

Did you get the verified/processed/approved email from GC.com? All of my TCB orders are tracking from the past few days.
Old Mar 31, 2018, 1:08 pm

You need to open a ticket with gc.com on the you are over the limit error. It will self resolve but then come back later.
Old Apr 1, 2018, 1:24 pm

Originally Posted by cdog999
You need to open a ticket with gc.com on the you are over the limit error. It will self resolve but then come back later.
Thanks! I will contact them.

In other news, since today, GC.com VGC track as 1% cashback again on TCB, no more 1.25 %
Old Apr 1, 2018, 6:36 pm

Programs: Delta Gold. Hilton Diamond. Hyatt Explorist.
I moved a post asking about getting the signup bonus from Amex by buying gift cards from Simon Mall and GCM. As the post had nothing to do with giftcards.com, I moved it over to the Simon Mall gift cards thread. Please help the OP over there.

Simon Mall Gift Cards(2017-2018)
Old Apr 1, 2018, 7:28 pm

Thanks! I will contact them.

In other news, since today, GC.com VGC track as 1% cashback again on TCB, no more 1.25 %
What a bummer, that's $5 for every $2k less now.
Old Apr 1, 2018, 7:56 pm

I just made a purchase yesterday (Saturday) at GC.com and it tracked at 1.25%.

Did you make a purchase today and it tracked at 1%?
Old Apr 1, 2018, 9:21 pm

Originally Posted by alphakenny1
I just made a purchase yesterday (Saturday) at GC.com and it tracked at 1.25%.

Did you make a purchase today and it tracked at 1%?
Yes, VGC.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.