Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

How Different Credit Card companies handle MS ?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How Different Credit Card companies handle MS ?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 23, 2017, 9:59 am

Originally Posted by AZDbacks17
After read this.. and about the IRS.. I'm done with MS...I have 3 MO to deposit and that's it...it's just not worth it .Good luck everyone!
I have never seen any data point that anyone has had problems with the IRS over this.

If I am wrong I would appreciate a link
Old Jun 24, 2017, 7:52 am

Originally Posted by cpnyc
i was wondering whether cc companies monitor activities across all your open accounts as a whole, or monitor them separately?
MS has evolved over the years and it is not in the "gamers" favor. If am3x has rat, I've read ch@se has brat, a similar team that is now focused on weeding out churners. Although many have still managed to dodge them, there are new churners that have been shutdown for getting too many cards too quickly with total CL way over their stated annual HHI.

I find it much challenging these days to cycle CLs (I avoid doing this with ANY ch@seCCs) so I just spread MS on different cards to reach my goals.
Old Jun 24, 2017, 10:52 am

Originally Posted by Mamibear
MS has evolved over the years and it is not in the "gamers" favor. If am3x has rat, I've read ch@se has brat, a similar team that is now focused on weeding out churners. Although many have still managed to dodge them, there are new churners that have been shutdown for getting too many cards too quickly with total CL way over their stated annual HHI.

I find it much challenging these days to cycle CLs (I avoid doing this with ANY ch@seCCs) so I just spread MS on different cards to reach my goals.
Yes, I definitely avoid cycling cl's, as my annual income is pretty low. However, if I were to ms over that my income over 12 months on 2 different @m3x cards, would that be an issue? For example, if I stated that my annual income is 40k at sign up, would it be "safe" to ms 30k per cc with the same issuer? Collectively, it would be over my annual income, but separately, it would not.

Of course, I understand this whole hobby in itself is risky, but what have been your experiences with this so far?
Old Jun 24, 2017, 3:01 pm

Yes, I definitely avoid cycling cl's, as my annual income is pretty low. However, if I were to ms over that my income over 12 months on 2 different @m3x cards, would that be an issue? For example, if I stated that my annual income is 40k at sign up, would it be "safe" to ms 30k per cc with the same issuer? Collectively, it would be over my annual income, but separately, it would not.

Of course, I understand this whole hobby in itself is risky, but what have been your experiences with this so far?
IME, I've had no challenges with any of my Ch@seCCs, I got the 'dreaded' FR on my 0BC fall of 2014 which coincided with the Blue Wednesday when axp decided to shutdown a lot of accounts; I called a number and was assigned to a team that went through my account thoroughly and was asked why I was buying a lot of GCs at the time. My reply must have satisfied the rep and she said to submit the required document and they will give me their decision in 4-5 biz days. Two days later, the orange suspension triangle icon on my account was removed and days later, they even increased my CL.

No one can give you any guarantees on what is considered safe, our situations are different and I'm pretty sure they handle each case based on our profile. You alone determine how you will use each CC and hope for the best, each company decides if they want to keep doing business with us or just terminate the relationship.
Old Jun 27, 2017, 3:06 pm

To answer your question based on my experience.

Annual income is irrelevant if your paying the bill, IMO. Who is to say you don't have an expense account that reimburses you for your purchases, a sugar daddy that pays your bills or a rich aunt that loves you and gives you whatever you want.

As far as @MEX is concerned, I MS well over my annual stated income on three cards. I cycle my credit limits numerous times and I even go over the limits by 100% or as much as I can get away with before getting a "CALL FOR AUTHORIZATION" or an outright decline. Yes, at CeeVeeS I have gotten that on a receipt for @MEX with a phone number. Of course, we don't call, I just use another card. LOL.
Old Jun 29, 2017, 5:29 pm

Originally Posted by Lappie
To answer your question based on my experience.

Annual income is irrelevant if your paying the bill, IMO. Who is to say you don't have an expense account that reimburses you for your purchases, a sugar daddy that pays your bills or a rich aunt that loves you and gives you whatever you want.

As far as @MEX is concerned, I MS well over my annual stated income on three cards. I cycle my credit limits numerous times and I even go over the limits by 100% or as much as I can get away with before getting a "CALL FOR AUTHORIZATION" or an outright decline. Yes, at CeeVeeS I have gotten that on a receipt for @MEX with a phone number. Of course, we don't call, I just use another card. LOL.
appreciate the input. @MEX prg customer service actually called me and suggested i pre-pay some of my balance in order to "increase spending power".

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.