Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 25, 2017, 7:35 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ChrisFlyer66
This is the thread for 2017. The previous discussion on this topic can be found here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manuf...thread-77.html
The thread for 2018 is here: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending/1886480-giftcardmall-master-thread-2018-a.html

What portal is currently offering the highest payout for GCM?
Check cashbackmonitor and cashbackholic for current payouts. Be sure to review the T&C for GCM at each portal as some offer lower payouts for Visa GCs.

Amex gift cards cannot be used to buy Visa gift cards

VGC issued by metabank. Cards come activated.

-------------------------

Monthly Limit is 15K per GCM account for a revolving 30 days. Once you hit 15K, GCM will display a message on the screen letting you know you hit the limit.

Start out slow 1k and then another 1k - they will call to verify the card, and shipping address. Next order they will not call. Orders under 2k have free shipping.

If you get this error:

This transaction was not completed. The transaction was not submitted correctly, or has been declined by your card issuer. You can try again with a different card or review your payment information for any necessary corrections.

- A Few people report it is blocked for the day, try again the next day. MOST ppl report being permanently blocked. Or you entered a wrong 3-digit security number.
GCM recommends using the Chrome or Firefox browsers. Be sure you are not using an ad blocker and not disabling any cookie settings (3rd party, tracking, etc.) from the default or you may get this error.

Direct support Numbers is 877.426.2551

Warning: Orders can be lost or stolen. Call to have the cards reissued or canceled. Orders usually arrive in 5-10 days.

Check your cc for pending or posted payments and call about your order if you are concerned it is taking a long time for delivery. Sometimes GCM was taking up to 2 weeks for delivery.
Print Wikipost

GiftCardMall Master Thread(2017)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 15, 2017, 10:32 pm

Originally Posted by Renes Points
I think the wiki is wrong. I did almost 30k last month with the 5% at order off buying $500 5back cards.
I've seen other data points that The 5back cards didnt count to toward the $15,000 limit. Apparently GCM Considered those in a different category than regular Visa cards. If you bought more than $15,000 in regular Visa cards, that would be interesting.
Old Jan 16, 2017, 6:19 am

Originally Posted by marktelefono
I've seen other data points that The 5back cards didnt count to toward the $15,000 limit. Apparently GCM Considered those in a different category than regular Visa cards. If you bought more than $15,000 in regular Visa cards, that would be interesting.
Damn, I wish I would have known that. I kept those orders below $2K since I didn't want to hit any ban breakpoint.
Old Jan 16, 2017, 10:48 am

Originally Posted by Java Cool Dude
My order with GCM on 1/11 tracked the very next day on TCB, but the ones I placed on 1/12-13 have not.
I placed more orders on 1/14 and Today 1/15 but those still show as pending on GCM.
JCD
Ditto, I hope this issue resolves itself.
Old Jan 16, 2017, 11:56 am

Originally Posted by canyoncar
Ditto, I hope this issue resolves itself.
Same here, I actually went ahead and proactively submitted tickets for my Friday and Sunday orders yesterday to claim for the 2.5%. Now I'm sure it will only let you claim 2% on a ticket since that the new CB value. Strange system at TCB... I'll check back later this week and close them if they track.
Old Jan 16, 2017, 12:52 pm

I am in the same boat. TCB usually is two business days, which we haven't had one if you ordered Friday, 1/13. No need to submit a ticket if there hasn't even been a business day since you ordered.
Old Jan 16, 2017, 1:54 pm

Originally Posted by DeltaNeutral28
I am in the same boat. TCB usually is two business days, which we haven't had one if you ordered Friday, 1/13. No need to submit a ticket if there hasn't even been a business day since you ordered.
True, but there is no way to open a ticket with the bonus cashback after the time period is up. If you don't get cashback tracked then the most you will be able to get now is the 2% not the 2.5%. Not that big of a deal, but if I'm putting in extra orders during the bonus period I want it tracked at the higher amount.
Old Jan 16, 2017, 3:28 pm

I've made plenty of orders on the last day of he 2.5% promos and it has tracked just fine two days later into the lower 2% payout. Otherwise TCB would effectively only be running the promo for one or two days and it would take one massive uproar and they'd fix it.
Old Jan 17, 2017, 1:14 am

Originally Posted by bodiddely
You are using the wrong CC to buy from GCM. Ideally use AT&T Access More card for 3x, or at least a CFU or AmEx EDP for 1.5x. MSing at 1x on CSR is leaving money/points on the table.
But if the aim is to hit signup bonus then it is totally fine to use a card that would only offer 1x, right? As for the Simon 5% back, its 5% of what, back to where? 5% of the value of the card? Is it a refillable card for it to be capable of getting a percentage back?
Old Jan 17, 2017, 8:56 am

Originally Posted by berlinDreamz
But if the aim is to hit signup bonus then it is totally fine to use a card that would only offer 1x, right? As for the Simon 5% back, its 5% of what, back to where? 5% of the value of the card? Is it a refillable card for it to be capable of getting a percentage back?
credit goes back to the card; may want to read the FB thread
Old Jan 17, 2017, 9:03 am

Originally Posted by Renes Points
If you say so... example of a few orders last month. [pending is from TCB payout not the orders]
wow, how do some folks manage to avoid getting banned with that much volume? mine was just a barely total $2k-3 last yr but got the banned msg (in the wiki) till today; changed email, mailing address, billing address, even different ip address at another location but still got the same msg....weird! anyone has an answer or suggestion?
Old Jan 17, 2017, 9:07 am

Originally Posted by danhouston
mine was just a barely total $2k-3 last yr but got the banned msg (in the wiki)
That message in the wiki saying you are banned is a little misleading. If you get that message it does not necessarily mean you are banned. I have had it a couple of times and it was because the charge failed fraud detection from the credit card company. A quick call in and they cleared it and I was able to continue with the order.
Old Jan 17, 2017, 9:09 am

It offers a 5% return on reading, research, and comprehension. It's really quite phenomenal.
Old Jan 17, 2017, 9:13 am

Originally Posted by BrownHP800
That message in the wiki saying you are banned is a little misleading. If you get that message it does not necessarily mean you are banned. I have had it a couple of times and it was because the charge failed fraud detection from the credit card company. A quick call in and they cleared it and I was able to continue with the order.
before placing the order, did that; afterwards, called the bank who said it wan't them to decline; any rate, haven't tried for a couple of months, will try again to see
Old Jan 17, 2017, 9:25 am

Originally Posted by Java Cool Dude
My order with GCM on 1/11 tracked the very next day on TCB, but the ones I placed on 1/12-13 have not.
I placed more orders on 1/14 and Today 1/15 but those still show as pending on GCM.
JCD
I filed individual claims for missing orders and I was pleasantly surprised the claim form had a field for the %2.5 cashback.
JCD
Old Jan 17, 2017, 12:31 pm

Originally Posted by cdog999
True, but there is no way to open a ticket with the bonus cashback after the time period is up. If you don't get cashback tracked then the most you will be able to get now is the 2% not the 2.5%. Not that big of a deal, but if I'm putting in extra orders during the bonus period I want it tracked at the higher amount.
Well, you were right. The orders I did on 1/12/17 did NOT track at the 2.5% as they just tracked this morning at 2%(via the email they sent me). I guess I have to open a ticket to alert them that the day I made the order it was 2.5%. Wonder how this is going to go.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.