Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

Visa/MasterCard Gift Cards at Staples(2017 onwards)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 9, 2017, 8:17 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: lowkeyflyer
This is the master thread for all VGC and MCGC sold at Staples.
The previous discussion can be found here.

The VGCs sold at Staples are issued by Metabank and serviced by Blackhawk Network.
The activation code for online purchase comes with the card. Cards purchased at store are activated at check-out.
To activate cards over the phone (without activation codes), call (877) 426-2551 to talk to a rep.
To activate cards over the web, www.giftcardkey.com.
The default PIN number is the last four digits of the card number but can be changed online.

As of 5/12/2014, all known portals are dead.

Earn 5x points with Chase Ink, or Simply Cash for 5% cash back
Buy Visa gift cards (Metabank) at Staples ($200 for $7.95) or the website ($300 for $8.95).

2k Limit per transaction / 10k per day for online. In-store is usually 2k but YMMV
Often times, there are promotions with no or reduced activation fees
Print Wikipost

Visa/MasterCard Gift Cards at Staples(2017 onwards)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 2, 2018, 2:14 pm

Programs: AA, AGR, DL, MR, WoH, UA
Originally Posted by lobo411
I think mail is mail to the USPS. It's all forwardable.
False. Some mail is forwardable and some, like some standard mail, is not. They can actually mark the letter to not forward.

It looks like they processed the card fast enough for me that it won't matter.
Old Feb 2, 2018, 10:15 pm

Programs: Delta Gold. Hilton Diamond. Hyatt Explorist.
Originally Posted by sechs
False. Some mail is forwardable and some, like some standard mail, is not. They can actually mark the letter to not forward.

It looks like they processed the card fast enough for me that it won't matter.
In any event, I'm pretty sure the Staples rebate cards are forwardable. I've done it many times.
Old Feb 16, 2018, 6:52 am

Hoping someone can help, looks like I might be banned. has anyone successfully had their ban lifted? Feel free to PM if preferred.
Old Feb 16, 2018, 9:58 am

Originally Posted by fangtl
Hoping someone can help, looks like I might be banned. has anyone successfully had their ban lifted? Feel free to PM if preferred.
​​​​​​​Banned by whom? From what? A few details would have helped.
Old Feb 16, 2018, 11:24 am

banned? u sure you didnt just go over 10k in a day and get orders cancelled?
Old Feb 16, 2018, 12:04 pm

Since this is the Staples thread, thought it would be obvious I got banned from staples. Anyway, this is the email I have been receiving for my Staples orders: It's been happening to all orders from them, not just gift cards. "We would like to inform you that due to the nature of your order, it has not been processed. Please be advised that Staples reserves the right to limit the quantity of any item sold, or prohibit a sale altogether. Please see the terms and conditions posted on Staples.com."
TyPo311 likes this.
Old Feb 16, 2018, 2:05 pm

Since this is the Staples thread, thought it would be obvious I got banned from staples. Anyway, this is the email I have been receiving for my Staples orders: It's been happening to all orders from them, not just gift cards. "We would like to inform you that due to the nature of your order, it has not been processed. Please be advised that Staples reserves the right to limit the quantity of any item sold, or prohibit a sale altogether. Please see the terms and conditions posted on Staples.com."
So you have been banned from all 305 Staples stores? Not likely.
Old Feb 19, 2018, 5:06 am

Originally Posted by Steve in Olympia
So you have been banned from all 305 Staples stores? Not likely.
Im sure he meant banned from orders at staples.com. OP, good luck, staples bans are for life.
Old Feb 19, 2018, 8:21 am

Programs: SWA A-List, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold
I'm banned as well I believe, can't get an order to go through. I know why I was banned though so, it was no surprise.
Old Feb 20, 2018, 7:09 am

Programs: w/+1: AS MVPG; IHG/Marriott Plat; Hilton/BW Diamond; Hertz Prez; SG Silver
Originally Posted by doggiefizzle
UGH, I know it was kind of an embarrassing question, but I didn't know if Staples had cracked down on multiple rebates with different addresses linked to the same CC (in my case an Ink+). I'll give it a whirl and see how it goes.
I did 3 different addresses on this last offer for the first time. What could go wrong? All 3 were accepted but only 2 were mailed. CS wants a copy of the receipt emailed to [email protected]. I threw away the receipt when the cc bill came and I was traveling when I bought these and can't go back to the issuing store. I'm calling corporate today unless someone has an easier solution.
Old Feb 20, 2018, 7:16 am

Originally Posted by rxgeek
I did 3 different addresses on this last offer for the first time. What could go wrong? All 3 were accepted but only 2 were mailed. CS wants a copy of the receipt emailed to [email protected]. I threw away the receipt when the cc bill came and I was traveling when I bought these and can't go back to the issuing store. I'm calling corporate today unless someone has an easier solution.
Try doing a chat and then chatting again (if needed) until you get someone who does a "customer care" "mail-in" rebate submission without the receipt. A lot of the chat reps will do that without the emailed receipt requirement.
Old Feb 21, 2018, 6:48 am

Trying something new (for me) and posting for people who are newer than myself. I received 2 of the last $20 rebates by sending one to work. Today order a vgc and pencils online was able to put both rebate cards in on the order. Marked order as pickup in store. Pencils will be ready by tomorrow (ha, prob. today), vgc in 2 weeks. Since I'm small time potatoes, I thought I'd give it a try. I'll post back if it causes a problem. It might prove a lot of convenience for small time dabblers.
Old Feb 27, 2018, 9:04 am

Anyone still not received their Mid Jan $20 VGC rebates. I did one rebate on the last day of the rebate (Saturday) and it still hasn't arrived?
Old Feb 28, 2018, 12:52 am

I got mine a couple of weeks ago.

Staples sent me an email back in Jan with a tracking number. If you got a similar email, you may be able to see how far along the rebate is.
Old Mar 2, 2018, 12:31 pm

Originally Posted by DeltaNeutral28
Anyone still not received their Mid Jan $20 VGC rebates. I did one rebate on the last day of the rebate (Saturday) and it still hasn't arrived?
https://rebate.staples.com/staples/home.action

I
did one then too and got mine a week ago.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.