Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 3, 2017, 9:54 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ChrisFlyer66
This is the thread for 2017. The previous discussion can be found here.
The 2018 thread is here.

THIS IS A WIKI FOR AND OLD THREAD AND IS NO LONGER BEING UPDATED.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
All WM registers allow 4 debit swipes per transaction, but YMMV per store and cashier. Refer to cards as debit.

-Visas issued by MetaBank work great. Pin is last 4 digits
-MC issued by US bank work good, but you need to change payment type to debit before they enter the amount in the register. Swipe and hit "Cancel" or "Change Payment" to select "Debit" on the screen and have them enter amount and then enter the pin. Pin in packaging.
-Any Vanilla product affiliated with InComm or ITC Financial Services will not work for swipes > $49.99.

NO variety or design of VISA or MC Gebit's will ever auto-drain at Walmart.

The amount of each swipe needs to be entered by the cashier. Ask to "split the payment by $$$". The Gebit must have current balance of that amount or more otherwise slip with Error 51 will print out. Warning: (YMMV) It appears (my experience on 3 occasions during prepaid card load and buying MO in 2 different WMs) that after the debit card was charged no cash could be credited back to the card. Cashier should issue cash back. Keep the slip and contact manager if in doubt. Remember date, time and register if no slip.

You cannot successfully swipe more than 4 cards in a single transaction. If the cashier screws up and enters $50.00 instead of $500.00 (thus making it impossible for 4 swipes to complete the transaction), the transaction will need to be canceled. The funds should return to your cards right away but may take 24 hours, so note the time and person helping you.

MO fee is usually 70 cents each. Subtract from your total or pay in cash.

Start slow and buy one MO to see how it works. Your store or cashier may work different and have rules that other store do not have.

Very few Kate's can sell money orders anymore.

Debit codes PDF
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/attac...0&d=1461170080
Print Wikipost

Buying Money Orders at Walmart (2017)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 4, 2017, 8:10 pm

Programs: AA PLT, Club Carlson GLD, IHG Spire, Lifemiles GLD, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Java Cool Dude
My VGCs are customized with both my name and family picture on them
Are these are reloadable. Which ones are you using? I'd like to get some good VGCs like this without paying the 7.95 from giftcards.com

Last edited by zgringo14; Sep 4, 2017 at 9:21 pm Reason: clarity
Old Sep 4, 2017, 8:25 pm
Suspended

Ive got to relocate to CO. Had 3 MCGCs of $500. 1st time playing out this way so my 1st stop a dud MO not working, off to 2nd place 10 mins away. I ask for and get 1 for $500, figured nothing to lose and the csr was very young, I ask for 1 more MO for $1k, swipe the MC before she inputs the fee paying in cash, she inputs 500 I swipe all good, onto MC #2 for this transaction I swipe it and she wants to see my cards,i hand her my reg DC and then the MC (hey nothing to lose) she says I cant use the MC any longer after this! yep she proceeded and printed the MO, man back East they never would have done that
Old Sep 4, 2017, 9:18 pm

Originally Posted by sam_goh
To the guy at the Alexandria KY store that comes in and does every Tuesday morning and suddenly comes in and does $40K this Saturday - you are about or have killed the store.
Your WM did $40k in MOs for one person in one visit?
Old Sep 4, 2017, 11:04 pm

Programs: AA EXP OWE, DL DM ST+, AS MVPG, UA, BA, WN CP, Hyatt E, Ritz Plat, HH GM
Originally Posted by Superorb
Your WM did $40k in MOs for one person in one visit?
That's 20 cycles. With an average of 3 min per, that's an hour
Old Sep 5, 2017, 6:26 am

Originally Posted by hiima
must be nice.
Old Sep 6, 2017, 7:13 am

For MCGCs, change payment is not showing up. Is the process now i have to swipe the card before the car puts in 500? If so, how would this work for second swipe?
Old Sep 6, 2017, 7:24 am

Originally Posted by msthegame
For MCGCs, change payment is not showing up. Is the process now i have to swipe the card before the car puts in 500? If so, how would this work for second swipe?
yes swipe first before csr enters amount, for all swipes.
Old Sep 6, 2017, 7:38 am

After swipe, do you have to do change payment or anything or just tell CSR to enter the amount?
Old Sep 6, 2017, 7:42 am

Originally Posted by msthegame
After swipe, do you have to do change payment or anything or just tell CSR to enter the amount?
yes, change payment if MCGC. Otherwise it defaults to credit. Only after you change payment can csr enter amount. Otherwise change payment doesn't show up.
Old Sep 6, 2017, 7:50 am

Thanks, will try today.
Old Sep 6, 2017, 1:33 pm

Was able to do it, had to hit cancel then i could change payment type.
Old Sep 7, 2017, 9:45 am

Programs: AA, Hyatt
thats gotta be cdog999 for the alexandria store
Old Sep 7, 2017, 10:04 am

I remember tahsir's MO buying spree story amounting to $75K/day in one store that he did back then. If a store allows huge purchases of MO by just one person, why is the customer blamed and crucified? Shouldn't the cashier be questioned why they'd allow b2b transactions that takes hours for just one customer? They can always refuse to do more than one transaction without getting a memo from management especially if there's a long line of customers waiting to be served.

TBH, anyone who engages in heavy volume MS if given the chance to do $40K or more at a store will grab the opportunity. I think only those who don't have that much to drain will say they won't, otherwise they will.
Old Sep 7, 2017, 10:14 am

I'm going to comment since I was called out on this thread. I've never done the amount mentioned previously on one day. I've done large amounts but I try and do it at slow times and by all means I will step out of line so people can do returns if there is no one else available. I've found since doing MS it's all about relationships. I don't try and burn bridges.
Old Sep 7, 2017, 10:16 am

Originally Posted by hiima
Even longer if the person isn't a d### and gets out of line after every few cycles.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.