FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Manufactured Spending (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending-719/)
-   -   All things Paypal (2017-onwards) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending/1818829-all-things-paypal-2017-onwards.html)

ncfinfan Aug 23, 2022 7:42 pm

Originally Posted by DeltaNeutral28 (Post 34540031)
I signed up for the 6 months for 9.99 for UIbereats/UberOne by paying with paypal. How do I change the credit card associated inside Paypal for the continuing charges I make within Uber. I didn't see a way inside of the Uber/Ubereats app to do so nor did I see anything inside Paypal? The payment method inside Uber for paypal couldn't be edited.

Try logging into Paypal then click the Cog icon (upper right next to Log out), then select Payments, then Manage Automatic Payments then on the left you should see Uber select it and then you can edit payment method. Hope it helps.

DeltaNeutral28 Aug 24, 2022 6:33 am

Originally Posted by ncfinfan (Post 34540313)
Try logging into Paypal then click the Cog icon (upper right next to Log out), then select Payments, then Manage Automatic Payments then on the left you should see Uber select it and then you can edit payment method. Hope it helps.

Thank you, I had changed my method of auto payment about 5 minutes before I ordered on Ueats, and the entree was billed to my first credit card I attached to PP, and then the gratuity was billed to what I changed it to 5 minutes before I ordered. Interesting. We will see how it posts, but I checked under the auto payments and the correct credit card is listed so I assume this is what it will be going forward.

euromannn Jan 7, 2023 9:31 pm

PayPal paying Property taxes

Curious if anyone has paid county property taxes with PayPal while linking their cc so you get reward points and bypass county processor fees?
CC- $30k CL
County changes 2.75% fee using cc directly withe county
payments x3 $5000-$6000.

Goal is avoiding county cc fees(2.75%) and getting reward points using PayPal as a sender.
Also don;t know if PayPal has a maximum charge allowed allowed via PayPal(I think based on bank CL on cc).

ZinCO Jan 8, 2023 2:27 pm

Originally Posted by euromannn (Post 34903489)
Curious if anyone has paid county property taxes with PayPal while linking their cc so you get reward points and bypass county processor fees?
CC- $30k CL
County changes 2.75% fee using cc directly withe county
payments x3 $5000-$6000.

Goal is avoiding county cc fees(2.75%) and getting reward points using PayPal as a sender.
Also don;t know if PayPal has a maximum charge allowed allowed via PayPal(I think based on bank CL on cc).

My last property tax payment was in June, and yes, I did it that way. Somewhere around $6k, no fees. Doesn't seem sustainable... somehow PP is eating that swipe fee and I can't see that they would continue doing so forever.

euromannn Jan 8, 2023 3:02 pm

Originally Posted by ZinCO (Post 34905423)
My last property tax payment was in June, and yes, I did it that way. Somewhere around $6k, no fees. Doesn't seem sustainable... somehow PP is eating that swipe fee and I can't see that they would continue doing so forever.

So you expect PP to notify if a swipe fee will be charged before the submittal , correct?
I don;t wants swipe fee or the charge to a cash advance.

I tried to set a low Cash advance on my CC but Capital One refused stating it was a formula and I was set at $9k.

I will try this after February 15 or later for April 30 due bill.

greatlim Jan 10, 2023 1:04 pm

I have paid my property tax payment using credit cards for multiple times. They are all normal purchases.

weezl Jan 10, 2023 11:40 pm

This is to pay taxes with your CC attached to PP, with no fees?

greatlim Jan 11, 2023 9:13 am

Originally Posted by weezl (Post 34913431)

Yes

radonc1 Jan 11, 2023 12:19 pm

Originally Posted by weezl (Post 34913431)

Sadly, you have to use one of the two approved electronic payors to pay Federal taxes. If you do an experimental payment of $1000 for an IRS quarterly payment (as an example), you can calculate the fees based on your payment method.
Using PP as your method of payment (not PP credit), the calculated fee for this payment is $19.89 which is the 1.98% they will charge you for a credit card as well.

In other words, you can pay with a CC or PP but you will still be forking over the 'convivence fee' for the privilege. However, I did like the thought :D

weezl Jan 11, 2023 12:28 pm

What's the point then of using PayPal instead of just entering your credit card directly?

radonc1 Jan 11, 2023 12:31 pm

Originally Posted by weezl (Post 34915179)
What's the point then of using PayPal instead of just entering your credit card directly?

I think that was my point :o

euromannn Feb 14, 2023 11:19 pm

PayPal issues with MSR for SUBS

Poster on a different blog using Gold American Express Card was just denied using property taxes towards the MSR for the SUB.
Paypal was also listed on AMEX in the rejected non-eligible list.
Since I just made a PayPal property tax payment to Chase using CBIU card tonight concerned whether my charge will be credited toward the SUB..
Wondering the rules on eligibility for Chase, Citi and Capital on MSR for SUBs.

radonc1 Feb 15, 2023 6:02 am

Originally Posted by euromannn (Post 35012553)
Poster on a different blog using Gold American Express Card was just denied using property taxes towards the MSR for the SUB.
Since I just made a PayPal property tax payment to Chase using CBIU card tonight concerned whether my charge will be credited toward the SUB..

Interesting.
I just used my Amex Hilton Card to pay a quarterly tax payment and the spend went to the $40K requirement for Diamond status qualification.

While not a SUB per se, it is still a benefit needing a minimum spend.
Perhaps the problem is with the Amex Gold card??

fei3030 Feb 15, 2023 6:25 am

Originally Posted by euromannn (Post 35012553)

was the payment declined or payment went through but didn't count as SUB spending? would you please post the link for the blog? I am planning to use amex card (plat and biz gold )to pay property tax via PayPal too.

radonc1 Feb 15, 2023 12:29 pm

Well, I just tried to use PP to pay my property taxes and they did have the email for my government site.

However...........the payment was declined by PP. I guess I could call the customer service line and find out that PP doesn't allow these payments, but why draw eyes onto my account?

It was worth the try and for all I know, it might work in other jurisdictions, just not mine :(