FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Manufactured Spending (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending-719/)
-   -   All things Paypal (2017-onwards) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending/1818829-all-things-paypal-2017-onwards.html)

weezl Sep 6, 2018 6:23 pm

Originally Posted by Klemhuzzah (Post 29989736)
DOC says it's happening to everybody. https://www.doctorofcredit.com/paypa...or-businesses/

DP- I have a personal PP acct, and use the PPDMC with PPE card as backup. Never got an email from PP, used my PPDMC today, worked fine. Is this transition from personal --> biz targeted or universal, and they are just rolling it out slowly?

DaveInLA Sep 13, 2018 10:22 am

My Citi TY Preferred card just got an offer for an additional 4x for Paypal purchases up to 2500 bonus TYP, so $625. I don't use Paypal that much, generally just for the occasional Ebay purchase, but I don't have anything planned right now. I also don't have any upcoming purchases for any Paypal merchants that I've found online. What's the best MS opportunity other than paying a family member for "goods" or "services" and taking the 3% hit?

ChuckMango Sep 22, 2018 8:51 pm

Originally Posted by weezl (Post 30176280)
DP- I have a personal PP acct, and use the PPDMC with PPE card as backup. Never got an email from PP, used my PPDMC today, worked fine. Is this transition from personal --> biz targeted or universal, and they are just rolling it out slowly?

Slow roll out

weezl Jan 13, 2019 5:13 pm

Originally Posted by ChuckMango (Post 30234644)
Slow roll out

Must be real slow then because it's now 2019 and my card is unchanged.

cnn Mar 23, 2019 3:49 am

I can't add a newly approved credit card to my PayPal account even though I can still add an old card. Anyone has got the same problem like this?

anam Mar 23, 2019 2:37 pm

Originally Posted by cnn (Post 30919758)
I can't add a newly approved credit card to my PayPal account even though I can still add an old card. Anyone has got the same problem like this?

Is it a Chase card by any chance? If not, what bank?

cnn Mar 23, 2019 8:47 pm

Originally Posted by anam (Post 30921421)
Is it a Chase card by any chance? If not, what bank?

New cards are Citi and BofA.

benny08 Jun 19, 2019 8:53 pm

Anybody MS with their PayPal 2% cash back card? Synchrony literally won't let me MS! After going thru the verification process twice, my card is still getting decline.

Taxiback Sep 1, 2019 4:03 pm

After reading through this PayPal thread it seems like a common question is "can I send money from my account with a CC to my wife/husbands account then cash out to bank account" and the answer is almost always " PayPal will catch on quick and shut you down"
Now a twist to that question, I am a canadian living in the states, I still have my canadian paypal account ( not as easy as just change country in PayPal) we use my wife's account for our PayPal needs.
What are the odds of getting shut down if I use my cdn account to send her fund from cc and she then cashes out to bank?

radonc1 Sep 2, 2019 6:26 pm

Originally Posted by Taxiback (Post 31480434)
After reading through this PayPal thread it seems like a common question is "can I send money from my account with a CC to my wife/husbands account then cash out to bank account" and the answer is almost always " PayPal will catch on quick and shut you down"
Now a twist to that question, I am a canadian living in the states, I still have my canadian paypal account ( not as easy as just change country in PayPal) we use my wife's account for our PayPal needs.
What are the odds of getting shut down if I use my cdn account to send her fund from cc and she then cashes out to bank?

How much do you value your PayPal account?
From the reports all over the place, PP is a bear to work with and vicious to a T. While I don't use PP for much, it is handy for the occasional payment that needs to be made and hard to do, so I would rather not poke the bear, so to speak, with something that will potentially benefit me little and get my account frozen or banned for life.

84fiero Sep 4, 2019 8:08 am

For a few years we have often sent money to our daughter's non-US PayPal account, sometimes funding with CC. She has an address (where she lives) and linked local bank account in the non-US country.

Is your Canadian PP linked to a different bank account than that which is linked to your wife's PP? Are the two PP accounts' addresses different? Other linkages?

Taxiback Sep 4, 2019 8:24 am

Yes different bank accounts her name is not on my Canadian account. Still ha e my Canadian address listed in my PayPal account. ( tried to change it when I moved but it doesn’t give you the option to switch countries)

Omar Barraza Sep 14, 2019 9:31 am

Wondering if you got any answers to you question?

Originally Posted by DaveInLA (Post 30199873)

My Citi TY Preferred card just got an offer for an additional 4x for Paypal purchases up to 2500 bonus TYP, so $625. I don't use Paypal that much, generally just for the occasional Ebay purchase, but I don't have anything planned right now. I also don't have any upcoming purchases for any Paypal merchants that I've found online. What's the best MS opportunity other than paying a family member for "goods" or "services" and taking the 3% hit?

redtop43 Sep 27, 2019 5:29 pm

I don't know if you're particularly interested in the MS aspect of this, or just in moving money cross-border. When I was married to someone in Canada, I found that xe.com was extremely convenient and low in cost. I was typically paying total costs of 110-130 basis points - basically, that was the deviation from mid-market exchange rates, and there were no other fees like for EFT.

redtop43 Sep 27, 2019 5:30 pm

Has anyone explored depositing funds to Paypal at Walmart as a workaround for the money order shutdowns?

Nevermind, I found the max is $500 per transaction with $3 fee ($1500 per day). $6 fee per $1000 is too much except for emergency liquidation.