Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 6, 2017, 2:38 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ChrisFlyer66
This is the thread for 2017. The 2018 discussion can be found here.

When reporting/posting here please give as many details as you can or you will be asked for it anyways. Copy and paste the text below and alter as needed.

1. SHUTdn by Bank, Credit Card info. (@m3x, chs3 ,c1t1 and brcl@y)
2. Length of account before closure and CL?
3. Average monthly account balance checking and savings?
4. Volume of ms per month and how many months?
5. Cycle CL?
6. Did you BP using both options?
- BP by issuing bank (@m3x, chs3, c1t1 and brcl@y)
- BP by Vis/MC
7. Did you spell out the bank's full name in an internet forum?
Print Wikipost

2017 Shutdown Thread

Search this Thread

Old Dec 26, 2017, 5:01 pm

Originally Posted by Spencer1
Do folks know if reopening accounts is possible? Blessed Citibank and Capital One closed all of my accounts. My sadness knows no bounds.
Exact same here. Capital One shut both my accounts down a couple of months ago. One of them I had since I was 18 (15 years ago). Citi just shut down my double cash and simplicity card. I'm not sure if it triggered it, but the 0% on my Simplicity card expired, and I paid it off because they sent me multiple offers for 0% with a 3% fee. I then used the whole credit line as a balance transfer. The double cash card I used for most of my daily spending and probably ms'd about $8000 a month on it.
Old Dec 26, 2017, 5:13 pm

Programs: UA gold
Originally Posted by Sandybestdog
Exact same here. Capital One shut both my accounts down a couple of months ago. One of them I had since I was 18 (15 years ago). Citi just shut down my double cash and simplicity card. I'm not sure if it triggered it, but the 0% on my Simplicity card expired, and I paid it off because they sent me multiple offers for 0% with a 3% fee. I then used the whole credit line as a balance transfer. The double cash card I used for most of my daily spending and probably ms'd about $8000 a month on it.
For Citi, call number on the back of your card. Then request CSR to transfer you to credit management. Good luck.
Old Jan 1, 2018, 7:54 am
Original Poster

The 2018 thread has begun!

2018 Shutdown Thread

Thanks and Happy New Year!

Last edited by ChrisFlyer66; Mar 22, 2018 at 8:55 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.